Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wedding Invites - How are you fitting all your information in? Menu choices?

21 November, 2012 at 12:47 Posted on Planning 0 32

I'm having a nightmare with wedding invites. I can only find wedding invites that seem to just give the basic information (wedding venue, etc).

However, we need to also include a bit more detail in the RSVP section (menu choices). Anyone else got to do this?

Its proving a pain - I don't want to include it in the actual invite text as it kind of brings it all down saying, oh and by the way do you want to eat X Y or Z!

But I'm wondering whether its going to look OK slipping in a piece of paper saying the same sort of thing.

Anyone in a similar situation, what did you do?

I've found a lovely invite but it doesn't include RSVP cards or anything.

32 replies

Latest activity by Maldives2013, 22 November, 2012 at 13:34
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Mine had different inserts shown on bottom left picture:

Ignore bottom right - that's evening.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I am doing a normal card with the basic info printed on the first side of the inside, then on the other side I've made a little pocket which will hold an info card with all the boring bits and and RSVP card. (not sure I've explained that well at all) If i were you I'd include an rsvp card with the menu choices so people can tick which ones they want without it having to go on your actual invite.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

What sort of style are you after? I'm making my own because I didn't really see anything I loved. All of the info you mentioned will be going on my cards, not the actual invite.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Yep same here - all on the cards.

Can you flash some in a style you do like?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried contacting stationery suppliers? You could get some quotes for a design made for you?

Or, just do as a friend of mine did - had a normal card style invitation and bought some nice A4 paper. She printed all the additional information on that then just folded it inside the invitation.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

We had tea towels as invites and then had an a4 booklet with other info, plus a small RSVP card. All in same style.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I would contact the supplier of the one you decide on and ask if there's a way of adding a pocket in to the design so you can have separate cards. I did mine myself so I'm sure a supplier could do it.

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Kharv - your stationary was amazing! Did you have someone design it? Beautiful!

Cupcake, I just put a small, A5 information sheet in with mine (but my invites were cards, so I just popped it in there).

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    little179 ·
    • Hide content

We bought pocketfolds from PDA and then made, printed and cut out the inserts ourselves and then stuck everything together. We have bunting on our invite too (can't flash a pic at the moment but may try later) which we glued on. They we really weren't too diffiuclt to make, it just took a while!

We also set up a website, predominantly for info about booking rooms at the reception venue and directed people to this to save putting lots of info on the inserts.

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Cupcake we had little cards all tired together with an organza ribbon...it included everything we needed and fit onto 4 cards including the front cover...

I found a lovely lady off Ebay who made them and sent me samples all the time and was more than I could have asked for....She charged £120 which was for 25 day invites and 50 evening invites.

If you'd like any details let me know x

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think any of those would be that difficult to do. you would just need to buy the card in the right shape and assemble all the bits. If you're good at cutting and sticking I'm sure you could do it!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh cheers! Nope just made them myself.

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content

I'm making my own pocketfold invites too, i found the colour card that i wanted from hobbycraft then bought bulk on line, found a pocketfold template on google then just set too with making them. as i am having a peacock theme the invites and inserts themselves are quite simple with a peacock feather on the outside

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

We bought all our bits from www.weddingcrafter.co.uk there are also some step by step projects on there too.

We are having an A6 pocketfold with an RSVP card and an additional info sheet printed on A4 which includes menu choices, detailed directions, local hotel and taxi info and gift list info.

Have a look for scrapbooking supplies websites, they have lots of bits and bobs that you can use to put on the invites

Kharv - was there anything about your wedding that wasn't awesome? ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh sush you Smiley smile

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Blimey Kharv - think you should expand your business offering! They look so professional.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I said this the other day. Everything I've seen from your wedding I want to steal!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I made my invites myself, I had 4 seperate cards too. First one was a front cover, second the actual invite, third hotel info and menu, and forth was about presents and a link to our wedding website, tied together in the top left hand corner with a ribbon. Simples!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I've gone all red.

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm donig a formal i nvitation with the basic info on, and then a details booklet with various pages for different things, and a detachable RSVP card for them to return and fill in including any dietry requirements. I've pretty much copied this:

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Vista print !!!! You could make your own invites and have the inserts printed you can import your own images, text etc and its cheap as chips (leave the design saved to your vista account and they usually email deals to tempt you to buy)

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

My menu is the same for everybody so no need to ask for options. I was going to include it in my invites but decided not to so that people dont moan about what they are getting but if they want to know I will tell them verbally.

I am including information about the venue (directions, website, postcode) on one insert, accommodation information on the other, gift list (or lack of) on the other and then finally, covering all of the inserts, the RSVP which just states name, can come, cant come with some room underneath for people to tell me if they have food allergies or if they are veggie.

My pocketfolds are from PDA and measure 145mm square which for me is the perfect size. I looked at A5 but they just seemed far too big and I needed way more information to fill the inserts. I have the invite stuck in the middle of the pocket with the inserts tucked into the pocket, each one smaller than the rest to show the headings.

I would flash mine but they are in the process of being put together and stored away upstairs.

Dont stress too much about putting all sorts of information, if you need a menu choice, make that a priority over something like alternative accommodation and venue information (directions not how to book rooms) People are more than capable of booking their own accommodation or finding their way to the venue.

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    little179 ·
    • Hide content

Same here, we are also using gettingmarried.co.uk. It's easy to use - there are lots of different pages and options but like lisaruby we have just used the important ones. Also agree re password function and being able to see who has visited. Smiley smile

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

These look awesome!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics