Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Wedding Magazines

emmamac73, 14 July, 2010 at 13:08 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi Ladies,

I've just picked up my monthly supply of wedding mags. I buy the same 2 every month (Wedding Ideas and Perfect Wedding - the little handbag size ones. I was just wondering if anyone else reads them and what you think? I find they can be slightly repetitive but I love the real weddings sections and have found a few good ideas for my scrap book. They're only £3 each per month so it's my monthly treat!

8 replies

Latest activity by Annah304, 14 July, 2010 at 21:33
  • Ptoldriver
    Beginner September 2012
    Ptoldriver ·
    • Hide content

I read the Wedding Ideas one, I really like the real weddings bit too ? plus it's a good size for my bag and it is useful for ideas (probably hence the title). I haven't read Perfect Wedding but I have just subscribed to Wedding magazine & Brides (they we're £12 each for a 6 month subscription that just rolls over) I find the big glossy ones good for getting ideas on dress designers I like.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Yay!!!! I love those magazines Smiley smile They are the two i get as well, I can't justify paying nearly £5 for one when I can get 2 for £6!!! I was so upset this morning when I went into Tesco and the shelf was empty - need to pop in past on my way home Smiley smile I love them, i found my bridesmaids dresses through them, but I wish they would do a special on a red wedding dress theme as they are usually always always based round white dresses Smiley sad

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

When i first got engaged, i bought every one on the shelf! i then stuck to those to because, as everyone has said, they were cheap and full of ideas and I loved the real wedding pages!!

I havent bought any in a while as my pile got a little big and i did start to find them a little repetative.

Plus, as i left the super market the other week, you know where they have the free car mags, there was a FREE wedding magazine for my area! I was so excited!

my OH told me I was only allowed 3 wedding mags in the flat at once and that has completelly gone out of the window so i thought what the heck, cant pass up on a free wedding mag! then to my sheer delight, when we went to give notification, there were 2 other FREE wedding magazines there too! these were also local ones which was brilliant and gave me a few more names to look up for photographers etc!

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Hope you don't mind me crashing your post but I've been thinking about using a wedding magazine subscription as a prize for one of our facebook competitions. Do you think that's a good idea, or do most of you already have subscriptions? It's really hard trying to think of cool prizes, I'm running out of ideas!

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

I have a question, Do you ever use any of the marketing cd's (with suppliers on) or buy a mag if it has a small booklet as an added extra?

Do you also consider any of the suppliers listed in the mags?

• RubyCheeksandPeachyLips
    RubyCheeksandPeachyLips ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i buy them! Well actually i buy them all. I find the bigger ones worse as they are just full of adverts, i'd understand a few but theres always loads and loads of them. I prefer the smaller ones especially Wedding ideas they are packed with more stuff thatis useful rahter than just adverts. I do find them all to be repetitive and you get alot of the same ''ideas'', but they make me happy for half an hour every month lol x

Katie

x

• RubyCheeksandPeachyLips
    RubyCheeksandPeachyLips ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because im very specific with what i want, i dont tend to use the suppliers section. I have browsed at a few companies but not used them.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

well i think i bought 3 mags since I got engaged in Jan! I bought the "Northern Ireland Wedding Journal", "Confetti" and a wee cheapy one, might have been "Closer weddings" or something like that. My friend gave me all the ones she had. I found them very repetitive! I had a look at the handbag sized ones in a shp one day and they did look good. I think the cheaper ones have a lot less of the big advertising companies in them so it makes them more affordable and more information really! I love the web for ideas! Here esp!! Smiley smile

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

I have kind of stopped reading wedding magazines since I bought my dress - I pick up the occasional one but I don't want to see something I love more than the dress I've got! Not that I have yet - I do love my dress (though have been having slight wobbles as the picture on the designer's website isn't as nice as I remember the dress being in real life!).

My H2B doesn't think much of them though, thinks they're a waste of money! But most of mine are hand-me-downs from other people I know who are getting married or have recently got married, so it's not tooooo bad... ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics