Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner November 2013

Wedding Party Thank you Gift Ideas

Keelyt, 27 of October of 2013 at 01:36 Posted on Planning 0 7

Just wondering if I could ask you all for some inspiration for thank you gifts, our best man and matron of honour are both travelling from different areas overseas so the gifts need to be portable, and we have 3 ushers to also buy gifts for (UK based) and of courses the Mums, (do you buy for the grooms Dad?).

Any ideas, on items you have given or received gratefully received, was thinking a silver compact for the MOH, but do we get it engraved? Any other ideas?

So many questions.

Thank you.

7 replies

Latest activity by bex_boo, 30 of October of 2013 at 12:37
  • Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Not much help but we are having big bouquets brought out for both mums and I'm getting my sister (bridesmaid) a necklace in an engraved box.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Below are what we have got our wedding party as thank you gifts, hope it's some hellp.

Grooms dad - cufflinks and socks, both with father of the groom on

bridesmaids - I have got them little necklaces with their initial on as well as a little bag with loads of bits they might need for the day like ... Vest top with "bridesmaid" on for getting ready, some chocolates, a bottle of drink, tissues, lip gloss, head ache tablets, compact mirrors and a few other bits.

Ushers / best men - cufflinks and lighters with their initials engraved on. Socks and hip flasks.

Mums & dads - we have got them vouchers for a restaurant and will book them a table for for the following Saturday - in different restaurants - then we are sending them by post so they arrive when we are on honeymoon. Flowers I'm in two minds as we are all staying at the hotel that night don't want them forgotten about and dying.

I got my mum a jewellery box too with a little something in as without her I would go insane with the planning ha.

Anyway hope that's some help.

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

I'm also wondering about this.

Im getting my sister (bridesmaid) a pandora charm to tie in with the colour theme.

Otherwise don't really know. I feel a bit awkward about it, so may not give them at the wedding, but before. My parents have given us twice the money and mum has helped me with a lot of decisions and ideas, where's OH parents haven't really helped at all (other than kindly giving us some money) so I don't feel like the gifts should have equal value.

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a nice idea. Might steal Smiley winking

• K
    Beginner November 2013
    Keelyt ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all of your ideas, think we will go for the traditional flowers for the Mums, will get them in a balloon of water though, to ensure they last, spoken to OH, going to not get for his Dad.

The flasks are a great idea for the ushers.

So much still to do. ️?️?

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Flowers for the mums.

I'm buying the bridesmaids personalised dressing gowns... Perfect for pictures as well.

Junior bridesmaids I bought them a personalised bracelet, they will also get a activity pack 'my day has a bridesmaid' with disposable camera. The page boys will also receive one of these activity packs.

my little flower girls who will be 18months is getting a personalised teddy bear and I'm going to give her a frame which I'll later give her mum a photo of us together to put in, Just a small memento of her day has a flower girl I know she is unlikely to remember it in the future.

not sure what the grooms men will get yet mist likely to be cuff links... Men are so hard to buy for.

• K
    Beginner November 2013
    Keelyt ·
    • Hide content

Wow, I have found 2 websites that have got just the things we were looking for:

withlovefrom.com for the compact that we are having engraved and http://www.thegiftexperience.co.uk/catalogue/top_off_engraved_bottle_opener/index.html for personalised bottle openers when my OH saw them he said they were exactly what he wanted.

Very happy job done.

Thank you for all of your help you all gave me inspiration and set me on the right path.

X

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

We have bought the Mummies personalised cake tins. They are both fans of baking. Our wedding is on a Sunday in August, so we didn't want to get flowers in case they die! So went a bit off piste.

The website: notonthehighstreet.com is wonderful for some inspiration. There are some fabulous things on there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics