Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pinky6
Beginner June 2012

Wedding post box

Pinky6, 21 of April of 2011 at 13:23 Posted on Planning 0 20

My MIL suggested that we get a sort of post box to put cards etc in as we will more than likely just ask for money rather than presents.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions where we could get or make one from?

TIA

20 replies

Latest activity by Jay-Low, 23 of April of 2011 at 19:26
  • lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Alot of people (including us) are using a birdcage

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

These are good - we used one for a wedding fayre we did recently. You could decorate it to match in with your colour scheme etc too

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/confirmitem.asp?ProductID=BOXF067&src=gbase

Hope that helps!

Ali x

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I offer these on my website so please feel free to take a look and email me on ****@******************.**.** if you want to discuss further

Kind Regards

Anna

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pinky6

I design and make these......there are some on my website http://www.puddycards.co.uk/id99.htm

all post boxes are made to match/compliment your wedding colours and theme. The little figures are made to look like the bride & groom

HTH

Jayne

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

Hi PInky,

I can make them to match colours or theme - here is an example:

There are a few more ideas on my website www.millieandme.net

I'm sure lots of the lovely HIBs on here will be along with more ideas!

I've also seen these recently which is a lovely idea: http://www.roseandaster.com/epages/es137519.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es137519/Products/270

Nicky

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, will have to have a good look. They all look great

• channie122
    Beginner June 2011
    channie122 ·
    • Hide content

Depends what u want hun but i ordered mine from ebay and i only paid a fiver goin to add a few bits to it to tie in with my colour scheme hth x

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I Love Love Love this idea !!

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I got a plain postbox off ebay and am going to decorate it myself. It cost about £6 I think delivered.

HTH

xxx

• Nolan2B
    Beginner April 2011
    Nolan2B ·
    • Hide content

I've done the same as Channie122 bought a plain flat packed one from bay of e for a couple of quid I think & decorated it to tie in with my colour scheme was quite easy & cheap but I'm really pleased with it!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I just used the cardboard box my invitations came in. Cut a slot in the top and covered in wrapping paper.

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

We are having something like this made. Ours will go with our theme of 'elegance & pearls' though. It's more like a treasure chest as opposed to a post box ?

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

I've done what a lot of people have done - got it off ebay and then decorated it myself. Took me about 10 minutes and it looks quite good lol. I would flash but would have to upload to facebook first and dont want people seeing on there lol

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Hi, feel free to have a look at ours here http://www.lilypondweddings.com/weddingpostbox.htm we also have tiered boxes and wishing wells

Andrea

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

We haven't even thought about this yet BUT my best friend had a little white wooden wishing well which looked lovely (you could buy one from a garden centre and paint it...I'm not sure if this is what she did, she may well have hired it, I'd have to check)...if you wanted a vintage-y look you could use an old suitcase with the lid propped open? And then put a sign stuck behind the elasticy bit on the inside of the case saying 'CARDS'...

Let us know what you decide

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all your ideas everyone! I can't believe how many ideas and tips I have picked up already from this site and i've not been on long!

I still have quite a while to think about it, I do like the idea of the suitcase too though. I think I saw someone on here do that and thought it looked really good x

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

You have been given loads of ideas already but just to add to it we are hiring one of these (but in ivory not red)

It comes with a personalised message on the front and it is quite fitting for us as a large amount of our guests work for the postal service!

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely post box.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I googled it and the one that I found was £60 to hire for the day. It came it lots of different colours too.

x

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Not cheeky at all!

Ours is £70 including delivery and collection. You can actually buy them to keep but thats around the £200-£300 mark ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics