Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2011

wedding rehersal//// who attends???

nearlymrs!, 2 June, 2011 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone,

we have our wedding rehersal tomorrow eeeekkkk! im confused as to who is supposed to attend?? the FIL doesnt want to come, one of the ushers and one of the wedding party who is doing a read! all the bridesmaids and my parents are coming....is this normal?????

im stressed now with 9 days to go!! xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 2 June, 2011 at 14:30
  • LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

We have ours the evening before the wedding to keep it fresh in our minds.

We were told the immediate wedding party should be there, all the usual suspects and the people doing the bible readings/poems. We were told the ushers didn't need to be there.

~ Good luck I'm sure it will all go well X

• N
    Beginner June 2011
    nearlymrs! ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou! do you think the father of the groom should be there?? and the people who arnt coming who are doing reads, shall i ask someone else who will be at the rehersal?? xxx

• endsor
    Beginner September 2012
    endsor ·
    • Hide content

At my best friend's wedding, she didn't have everyone there. Everyone will arrive before you and can spend time with the vicar, etc, to go through what needs to be done and when. I would say the minimum would be you, OH, whoever is giving you away, & bridesmaid / best man (if they are helping with chairs, etc, in the ceremony). We had it that the FIL couldn't come to the church the evening before (he lived quite far away) so when he arrived on the day, the vicar and her OH went through what he needed to do and when. The vicars, etc, tend to be quite clued up that you and the OH want everything to be perfect on the day.

Hope that helps ?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

At my sister's wedding rehearsal, my parents came, along with me and one other BM (the other was stuck in traffic!), the best man and 3 out of 4 ushers (the other was in the car with the BM!). OH was an usher and he said that, despite being an usher several times before, he'd never been to a rehearsal. To be honest, the ushers didn't really need to be there, although I think it was a help, as they were told where to sit during the ceremony.

I wouldn't think for a minute that the FOG would need to be there.

• N
    Beginner June 2011
    nearlymrs! ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou ladies.. think im just getting stressed now, we have known the date for 6 months and now people are dropping like flies, i just think its manners to attend when your part of the immidiate wedding party xxxx

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Don't see the need for the Father of the Groom to be there, after all he doesn't have any involvement on the day, and certainly not during the ceremony normally.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

The main thing is that you and OH are there! My dad couldnt attend ours firstly because he is ill and secondly he's in Yorkshire so a drive to London would have been a bit much for him. The vicar had already said he didnt need to be there.

Ideally, your bridesmaids (to go through entrance and knowing when to sit down), the best man (re: rings) and both sets of parents (to be shown the order of walking out at the end) but they dont HAVE to be there as its quite straight forward and can be done on the day.

HTH

xxx

• N
    Beginner June 2011
    nearlymrs! ·
    • Hide content

Oh thankyou so much, its so nice to be able to ask people who (A) know the answer! and (B) want to answer! xxxxxxxxxx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Our priest suggested that it may be an idea for the photographer and videographer to attend. They could then become familar with the church and the priest could also instruct them on where they can stand etc

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

In an ideal world I think our Vicar would like the whole bridal party there.

Our Bestman can't be there, neither can 2/3 bridesmaids. My flowergirls will be there though and the BMs will be lead down the aisle by my 2 ushers who will be there, so again no issues. Just means I will pass my flowers etc to the bridesmaid who comes to rehersal and knows about it.

Bit gutted the bestman can't come, as OH is in uniform and there are some traditional bits surrounding the removal of OHs hat at the door, and the removal of OH gloves before the commencment of the ceremony that he could do with knowing. But - he'll have to catch up on the day before.

I also want our people signing the registers to be there (My Stepdad and OHs Dad) and the readers who I want to do the full reading too, to make sure they don't get overwhelmed on the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics