Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pinky6
Beginner June 2012

Wedding Rings...

Pinky6, 22 August, 2011 at 16:31 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm really confused about where is best to get these from!

The place OH bought my ER from (H.Samuel) offers 10% off WR if we buy from them but they don't have a lot of choice. He just wants a plain band, either white gold or platinum depending on the cost but I need something that will fit my ER.

Anyone bought from smooch? They seem to have a lot of choice but their price list seems expensive to me, especially when you start adding diamonds which I would probably want a few.

Also, would it be really cr@p to get his from Argos? They have £80 off platinum rings at the mo and they are quite reasonable.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else?

Any help or advice would be appreciated Smiley smile

11 replies

Latest activity by Kooks, 23 August, 2011 at 10:47
  • Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on how much you want to spend. White gold is a hell of a lot cheaper than platinum.

We bought Mr Kooks' ring off a jeweller on ebay. Had it valued at an independant jewellers and we got a real bargain. I can give you the name if you would like?

In answer to your Argos question then I don't really think it matters where your rings are from but I don't know about the quality of Argos jewellery?? You might want to check the weight of the rings

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

Im in 2 minds about wedding rings too....i cant believe where they justify that amount on money for a plain band....like my and h2b only want plain bands and mine is looking at around 229 for 3mm white gold, and h2b more like 450...cant believe the prices...i too was looking at argos. xxx

suppose if it says 18ct then thats what it should be...shouldnt it?

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend elma jewellery on ebay. we got our rings from there and the prices are much cheaper than high street. ours are plain bands though, dont know if they do diamonds. check them out, they were very helpful

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Just for reference my 18ct white gold 3mm band was £115! h2b has 4mm palladium which was £85! bargainous!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my thoughts exactly!! Although I know very little about jewellery...

Thanks for your other responses, Kooks and Tinkerbelly could you please give me the names of the ebayers you bought yours from and I shall have a mooch on there!?

I appreciate all your advice, my ER is white gold so I am guessing that's what my WR should be x

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was Elma Jewellery. the gold is solid, i checked with them before i bought. places such as argos aerate the gold to make it go further... not good as they tend to break easily. good luck! x

• frecs
    Beginner October 2011
    frecs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

OH bought my EG from an on line company called diamond 365.com and had it valued prior to popping the big question! (they offer 30 day money back guarantee). He got a real bargain and saved approx £2k on beaverbrooks/goldsmith prices!

We have just purchased our wedding ring from the same place, H2B is having a plain platinum band and is saving approx £400 and I am having full diamond eternity ring and saving £1500!!

I am one happy lady and can't wait to try it on!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Just to throw in to the mix, it's not the value of the rings that is important, it's the sentiments as to why you're giving them.

Remember the words, "I give you this ring as a token"... sure, if you can spend £1000 on a ring then go for it, but that doesn't mean you're "more married" than a plain basic Argos band.

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/bob24carat/

Here you go, they were very helpful, gave me loads of advice about weights etc before I bought the ring.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics