Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner

Wedding Shoes = BLISTERS!

WhiteSparkles, 26 of February of 2011 at 09:42 Posted on Planning 0 11

I have been wearing my beautiful wedding shoes with socks around the house everyday for at least half an hour (about 3 weeks now) and they rub me! Today I have a horrible blister on the side of my foot. They are the right size, but the just seem to rub against the side of my feet! Any tips on how to stretch them out a bit or is it a case of pain is beauty... There's less than 7 weeks now till the big day and I really want to be comfortable ☹️

11 replies

Latest activity by SoontobeMrsSSmith, 28 of February of 2011 at 17:13
  • Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel

Have you tried compeed? They are blister plasters. I bought some shoes recently (not wedding just work) I put compeed in them and after about a day they were fine.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I get my younger sister who is half a size bigger than me to wear my shoes in, and it works a treat as i get blisters really easily, and she never does which is very annoying

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Maybe give it a few days without wearing them, and wait for the blister to heal. That way the skin there will be a bit thicker, and the shoes won't hurt next time you wear them...

I used to love DMs, and part of the initiation of new DMs was getting blisters *everywhere*, but once you'd got a blister and it had gone, they would never hurt again and became the most comfortable boots in the world!

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

Best tip I ever had is to rub vaseline n the offending area inside the shoe and your foot if neccessary . Get a small pot of the vaseline lip balm and reapply whenever you need . It is fantastic ! Also moleskin. You can buy it in Boots and cut it to size ! Good luck x

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

I suffer with blisters really bad, even flip flops give me them!! I bought a compeed anti friction stick and its brilliant. And I have heel shields in all my shoes. I wish compeed made full socks to prevent blisters! Hmmm dragons den methinks...I will be plastering up on my big day!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Are they rubbing because of the socks as they are thicker than hosiery and may be causing the friction. Try them with pop socks and see if they still rub in the same area.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Right, I'm giving it a few days to get rid of these angry blisters and then trying compeed! Thanks all! Wish I had a sister or friend willing to break them in for me too lol!

• PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second compeed, I had to use them when I started running, they are fabulous!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Try use one of those wooden shoe expander things in the shoes when you arent wearing them.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

If they're giving you blisters then they're not really the right size - they're probably the wong width fitting rather than shoes size.

Compeed might work, I use the anti-blister stick and it's brilliant.

Are they leather? If so a generous glob of leather conditioner or neatsfoot oil will soften them up.

Or toughen your feet up (once the blisters have healed) with an old dancer's trick - rub surgical spirit into the affected areas.

• summer_bee
    Beginner July 2011
    summer_bee ·
    • Hide content

Where exactly are the blister? on your toes or at the heel?

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I also recommend Compeed pads, they make several different ones for different parts of your foot.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics