Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire

Wedding shoes question

Sloufish, 25 of September of 2021 at 12:05 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 12

Morning!

I fell in love with and have bought my wedding shoes from Freya Rose. The company have been super helpful as I actually had to size up which meant exchanging, online only as the store is too far away for me to visit.

My question is, did anyone else buy small heels to be sensible and comfy in but still wish they had gone for higher heels? Or do you wish you had been sensible after being uncomfortable all day?

I love heels but want to be comfy and wear them all day, part of me doesn't feel quite as fancy in shorter heels but since I am getting married in a field on a hill I need to be realistic!

These are the ones I have chosen in case anyone likes to nosey!

https://freyarose.com/collections/block-heel-wedding-shoes/products/martina-midi

S x

12 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 2 of October of 2021 at 21:27
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Ooh they're nice! I like the iridescent heel. I will be going for smaller heels (max 3inches) as I don't do heels much either. Haven't been shopping for mine yet but I like the joe browns shape heel, shame they don't do any plain ivory shoes!
  • S
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the style of Joe Browns shoes and know what you mean! A plain pair for weddings would be fab!

I don't wear heels on a daily basis and I am trying to be sensible but the little girl/princess in me is worried I should be wearing sky scraper heels to feel more dressed up.

S x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I Love a heel but want comfort on the day and also not worrying I will fall over or get stuck in grass (our wedding is in a ruined castle with uneven floors and then on a lawn). I picked these as I wanted a bit of sparkle but also want to wear them all day and evening, they are Velcro fastening so I can adjust if my feet swell on the day, but they are honestly the most comfy shoes and were only £45! Based on your wedding I defo would say you need something sturdy and comfy so a block heel would be good and very elegant

Wedding shoes question 1

Wedding shoes question 2

• S
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are lovely! So classic and elegant! And practical at the same time for the grass/uneven floors! We are getting married in a similar venue to you but also have a downhill walk through a park to get to our evening venue.

I am glad I am not alone, I was just worried I was being boring when all I was really doing was trying to be practical and get the most wear out of my shoes on the day too!

S x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I went for flats - no shoe on earth is worth getting backache or blistered feet for and you are not going to feel beautiful if your back is killing you from wearing high heels!

I've been to loads of weddings where the bride has ended up taking her heels off halfway through the reception because her feet or her back were hurting so much. So if you're not used to heels, 100% stick to what you are used to. The ones you're wearing are plenty high enough . An unless your dress is short, very few people are going to know what shoes you're wearing anyway.

• S
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are very right! My dress is full length so no one will see them and I will be comfortable too which is a priority or I might get mardy and I don't want to be mardy and in pain on my wedding day!

S x

• Georgina
    Curious April 2022 Essex
    Georgina ·
    • Hide content
    I love a heel but couldn’t think of anything worse than my feet hurting or hobbling around on my wedding day! I actually strongly dislike a kitten heel but went for these as they are super comfy & I think will look classic under a long dress! Wedding shoes question 3

• S
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are so classic! I love them!

I have stuck with the shoes I posted above as I have loved them a while and they are comfy. So many people keep reminding me I need to be comfy on my wedding day and with my dress being long they wont been seen so no one will know how tall or not they are!

I am not superstitious or traditional either so my partner has seen them too and he says he likes them Smiley smile

S X

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think if you like them go for it as long as its what you want i have gone for a big heel due to just having registry office wedding mine are green with silver on heel match my colour theme good luck x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding shoes question 4
    Green is my favourite colour
  • S
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are gorgeous! I did have some blue Kurt Geiger ones I wanted to wear but they are high heeled, which will sink into the grass, be difficult on gravel paths and ultimately don't go with the dress I have chosen! So the link I posted at the top are my next best thing Smiley smile

S x

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are lovely and look so comfy x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics