Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samjh87
Beginner October 2012

Wedding Shoes Stress! **FLASH**

samjh87, 7 August, 2012 at 12:12 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi Everyone!

Well, wedding is October 27th.. this year. Planning isn't mine or my partners forte and have been toying with the mindset that everything will work itself out eventually!

Having my first dress fitting for alterations on Sunday and need underwear and shoes before then.. and I have neither and no idea!

I have decided against typical 'bridal' shoes and want something metalic/nude/creamy.

I just want to see what shoes you are having and whether you have seen any gorgeous shoes that spring to mind!

Will try to post photos of dress and an idea of the shoes I have been looking at so far. Love the shoes but they are 4" and ideally I was looking for something a little smaller than this 2.5"-3" maybe. (sorry for large photos!!)

11 replies

Latest activity by samjh87, 8 August, 2012 at 09:36
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I had these which are gold and sparkly but heel height might be too much?

Very comfy though.

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

Love the Choos but have a feeling that both price and heel height will be too high! lol

The links are taking me to Debenhams home page so will have a mooch around under the brands and see what I can find!

They don't really have to be glittery.. was also thinking of a sage green colour as the colour scheme is sage green and lilac?

Why do I leave everything until the last minute!?

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

❤️

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

What about something like these?

https://www.next.co.uk/x504318s6

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

Ohh lots of good ideas ladies!

Unsure whether to go for strappy sandals or peep top, too many decisions!

Or I may just buy 2 pairs and have a pair to change over to for the evening.

I am going shopping tonight so will let you all know the outcome!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

There are loads which fit your descriptions on schuh (I've been looking myself, so it rung a bell)

Here are just a few

/

/

/

/womens/schuh-nina-platform-court-pale-pink-high-heels/****/

Hope you manage to find something Smiley smile

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered doing a bit of DIY and either doing the glitter yourself or covering them in Swarovski crystals? The latter does depend on your shoe size, style and budget as it does cost a fair bit to cover the shoes so I have heard...

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh good idea!! I had thought about 'bejewelling' a pair myself but doing a quick Google search also found these. They look super pretty and I can co-ordinate with the colour scheme!

Definitely a possibility. Thanks for the suggestion! xx

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Date Twin!

I have got some ivory satin samdals from NeXt, and my underwear is that Wonderbra Ultimate strapless set. Not particularly attractive, but have warned H2B that it's function over fashion with my wedding underwear!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I went for pretty basic but not too "weddingy"

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh Hi Date Twin!!

How are you getting on with your plans? I'm presuming you are far more organised than myself who has very little set in stone as of yet!!

I did go to the venue last night though to see the new ceremony room which is currently being completed (hopefully in time for our wedding!!) and was really happy with it Smiley smile

Went shopping last night though and didn't really see any shoes! Hmm.. I think underwear is going to be fairly straighforward so not fretting about that as of yet!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics