Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kim
Dedicated August 2022 West Yorkshire

Wedding songs

Kim, 3 of May of 2022 at 10:20 Posted on Planning 0 3
Wedding songs help been told i need to pick 3 iv pick the one to walk in yo bit struggling with the other 2 x

3 replies

Latest activity by Hannah, 6 of May of 2022 at 09:36
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

In a way, we've picked a song each and the third together...!

Basically, our first dance is the song we think of as our song - but FH chose that as our song ages ago and it's very much 'his music' although I do think it's a lovely song. According to my parents it actually used to be a tradition that the groom chose the first dance song so you could potentially palm that off on FH!

The song I'm walking down the aisle to is a 'me music' song - I chose it because it's by one of my all time favourite artists and bride-centred moment of the wedding so felt right that it be very much my sort of music, but also the lyrics feel appropriate for the day and the venue, and it's a very good tempo for walking to (practicalities haha!!).

The recessional song is a shared song and we wanted something that felt really celebratory - I debated a few options (many of which FH vetoed as too 'dad music' haha) but we settled on an upbeat romantic song that was used in one of our favourite movies and we also happened to watch that movie together the weekend we decided to be officially bf/gf which means it's ideal for us! So maybe think back on your favourite movies as a couple and see if you can take inspo from any soundtracks?

• Kim
    Dedicated August 2022 West Yorkshire
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou thats a good idea x
  • Hannah
    Dedicated September 2023 South West London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kim!

I'm Hannah the community manager at hitched! We have a cool article all about Wedding Song inspo if you are stuck for ideas!

The 30 Best Wedding Songs for 2022

Hope this helps!Smiley heart

Hannah

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics