Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2027 Central & Glasgow

Wedding venues

Rachel, 5 of November of 2023 at 11:27 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 2 17
Hey newly engaged 😀
My question is how many venues have/did you visit before you found the one?
I seen a venue when helping my friend plan her wedding that I absolutely love (she didn't choose it 😅). Would it be silly to book without exploring lost of venues ?

17 replies

Latest activity by Joanna, 12 of December of 2023 at 22:28
  • R
    Beginner August 2027 Central & Glasgow
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Lots if venues*
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you like it and it's within budget, then go for it.

We looked at a total of four, ruled two out straight away, really liked the third but ruled it out due to some practical issues and went with our fourth choice.

It's a bit like wedding dresses - when you've found one you love, stop looking!

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We saw 5, but I scheduled in advance to see them all within a 2 day period. We found it easier to do it this way, as then they were all fresh in our mind, and we could directly compare them all, but if you’ve found one already, take your other half for a second viewing, and if they love it as much as you do, and it ticks all your boxes incl. affordability, then go for it!
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

Visited 3 venues. Went with the first venue I had in mind.

• Grace
    Beginner May 2024 Essex
    Grace ·
    • Hide content

I trawled the internet for WEEKS trying to find a venue we both liked the look of and finally came across a hidden gem - went to look at it and booked our wedding day that same day! Sometimes you just KNOW in your heart you've found the one!

• Liberty
    Beginner November 2025 Greater Manchester
    Liberty ·
    • Hide content
    I visited one place, as it’s hard to get time off work, but the research was fairly extensive.

For our budget, we realised we needed a venue where the food is all included in the price instead of being an additional cost. This REALLY helped our budget and as a single sum, it seems like a lot but we have almost everything Included.
    My advice is to email before you go to gather some more information and if you choose to go and visit somewhere, read from the hitched list of 40 questions to ask your venue (be sure to add your own questions and read through them before you go to know what answers you want and which you can compromise on.)
    Hopefully this helps x
  • W
    Beginner December 2022 Ljubljana
    WeltZumerr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! go for it if its within your budget

• N
    Beginner June 2025 Surrey
    Nicole ·
    • Hide content
    We viewed quite a few, probably about 7, and I'm so glad we did.

To begin with I compiled a list of venues that I liked the look of and met our catering and location criteria, and then put them on a spreadsheet (Google Drive is our best friend!). That gave me a fairly long list of about 17 places. Then both me and my fiancé each sat down in our own time and did an initial 'triage' based on their brochures - so things like does it have the vibe we both want, is it within budget and if so how much would we need to stretch/sacrifice other things to make it work.
    Then we axed ones that we both agreed weren't for us and had 7 left. We went through and made comments on the spreadsheet as to what we liked and didn't like, questions we'd like to ask the venue etc.
    We did viewings on the weekends over a few months, one because our work schedules didn't allow for weekday viewings and two because we didn't want to become overwhelmed and disillusioned. It took a while to get through them all but absolutely worth it I think.
    There are a few reasons I'm so glad we viewed all 7 venues on the shortlist. There was one that we both really were drawn to and were quite excited about, so we booked onto their open day. When we got there it was poorly signposted so we got lost (it's in a park so multiple ways you might try and get there, and I thought how poor a guest experience that could be). Then there were loads of red flags for us in terms of communication and organisation from them following the open day. It put us off so much that we decided despite the fact the venue probably had everything we wanted, we weren't comfortable giving them what we feel is a considerable chunk of hard earned money, nor did we actually trust them to be able to deliver. Had we not viewed the venue I don't think we'd have gotten that picture. I will say to be fair this was the only venue we attended an open day for, everywhere else was a 'private' viewing appointment, so it's possible that added to our feelings of disappointment.
    Second reason I'm glad we viewed so many is that I had a favourite that was at the upper end of the budget that I was absolutely convinced we would go with - let's call it venue A for clarity. However because of our and venue A's schedule we ended up waiting a few weeks to view it. In the meantime we viewed what we'll call venue B that to be honest wasn't really near the top of my list. We ended up LOVING venue B, it just felt right for both of us. We still viewed venue A later on but venue B had stolen our hearts (and is a third of the price of venue A!!). We paid our deposit for venue B this week and are so excited!
  • Amy
    Beginner September 2024 Gwynedd
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    I had said for a while I wanted to get married in said place, once engaged we went to look and instantly fell in love with it so didn't even look at anything else 🙈 but honestly I don't think anything would come close! When you know you know
  • Hayley
    Beginner March 2026 Lancashire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    When you know, you know! We only viewed a couple. I'd certainly advise you to get price lists before you visit. We didn't view the ones that were out of price range.
    We didn't see the point in viewing something we could afford. We absolutely love our venue - we wrote down the must haves for our venue & it ticks every box!
  • David
    Beginner January 2024 Lancashire
    David ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement! One venue is all it took for some, while others need to visit several to find the perfect match. If you truly loved the first one, it could very well be "the one." Check their dates and pricing - it never hurts to look at a couple others too. But don't feel you need to visit endless venues if your gut says this is it. Trust your intuition and go for it if it feels right! Wishing you all the best in wedding planning.

• A
    Beginner October 2024 West Sussex
    Abbie ·
    • Hide content

We fell in love with the first one we visited. It is very local to us (within a 5 minute drive) and we have personal ties there also. We did speak to other venues but they couldn't offer exactly what we were after.

• Rebecca
    Beginner April 2025 Monmouthshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    Only the one 🙈 but I spent hours and hours online beforehand!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations xx I think the best thing to do is the both of you go and look at it see what you think X good luck ♥️
  • M
    Beginner May 2025 Warwickshire
    Melissa ·
    • Hide content
    We went to see 4 venues, had booked to see 6. The third venue was the one we went with, being the first place we actually booked to go and see. After seeing the 4th we knew that our original favourite wasn’t going to be beaten, so cancelled the last 2 viewings. It was quite a scary and stressful experience for me because I thought it was going to be really hard to make a decision. But when you actually visit the venue and see it in real life you know it’s the one for you and it’s an easy decision to make!
    Happy venue hunting!
  • K
    Beginner December 2023 Bedfordshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content

Hello

My name is Kelly

I agreeSmiley heart congratualions

• J
    Savvy April 2024 West London
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    We saw 4 venues. Picked the one we loved the most..we got a great deal as we are getting married on a sunday

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics