Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2011

Wedding Venues in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

Emma2994, 13 September, 2012 at 19:10 Posted on Planning 0 27

Hi Guys,

I am after some venues in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire for a Wedding and Reception. Ideally would like a Countryside location that doesnt have the massive price tag.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Emma

27 replies

Latest activity by hannah22, 25 September, 2012 at 11:07
  • E
    Beginner January 2013
    EThompson ·
    • Hide content

We are having ours at Thoresby Riding Hall. It is beautiful and once you hire the hall you can make it as cheap or expensive as you like. Someone did a lovely afternoon tea theme in there recently. You can also get married in there, or use the church on the private estate. Just google it. Hope that helps.

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Derbyshire bride to be, and the venues I looked at were:

Horsley Lodge

Makeney Hall

Breadsall Priory

Sutton Bonington Hall

Shottle Hall

Priest House Hotel

Blackbrook House

Hope that provides a good starting point!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I really liked the look of The Vicarage Boutique Hotel, very pretty

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    HelDR ·
    • Hide content

There's a new place just opened on Trowell Moor which my mum when to see at a wedding fair a few months ago - Swancar Farm.

I know if from when it use to be a livery yard but the website looks nice

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

We got married at Donington park farmhouse hotel. It's really reasonable and they're flexible about what you want. For example we had a BBQ and bought in our own wine as corkage was cheaper. The food was excellent as its all from their farm! I recommend it. We got married in the threshing barn which is full of fairy lights.

http://www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk/

• Peachblossom
    Beginner March 2012
    Peachblossom ·
    • Hide content

We got married at Shottle Hall and it was amazing!

• N
    Beginner April 2013
    Ness999 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma,

We're getting married at Breadsall Priory. The venue is amazing and a lot cheaper than anything else comparable that I could find in the area. We're not getting married until next April so I can't tell you what they're like on the day, but so far they have been excellent to deal with.

Good luck with your search!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You've made my day, we have chosen this as our venue! I know it sounds silly but i loved it that it was different. I used to work at a function room and a few venues we saw we just thought once the doors were shut and you was inside you couldve been anywhere. We didnt get this feeling here. (and it had the balloon drop) and the view! Were having a carvery, I can feel a bit intimidated by fancy food i'm a self concious eater. (wont touch soup, hate soup spoons ?) Feel a carvery is more relaxed.

We also thought blackbrook house was beautiful. Morley Hayes and Horsley Lodge are lovely. Beadsall Priory is stunning but unfortunetly was out of our price range, the grounds are amazing though. Went to a spa day there once and that was my dream. We wanted to view Swancar farm but they never replied to emails or answered the phone so thought sod them, few months later OHs old dog died and it turns out its also the pet crematorium so glad that didnt work out.

Anyway thats Derbyshire (I think)

In Notts weve been to Goosedale hall which has amazing views and was a really beautiful day. The Gateway hotel was a good wedding too. Rufford country park was a nice venue with a good price range too.

Hope that helps.

Where in notts/derby are you?

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Shottle's our venue too ? so exciting! Have you got any flashes I can have a sneaky peek at?

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

I am a Derbyshire bride! We are getting married at Hargate Hall near Buxton. Its right in the middle of the Peak countryside and I love it! Its a do it yourself venue and you get the run of the place for the whole weekend. They also do a really good mid week package which we have gone for Smiley smile

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Derbyshire Old Married so many venues to choose. I got married at our local parish church then had our reception at the Mercure Newton Park Hotel - we had a great time. Service and food were excellent. Shottle Hall, Blackbrook House and Hargate Hall are all lovely venues :-) I've done blogs on both Shottle Hall & Blackbrook House - link to Shottle Hall blog Smiley smile gives you a sneaky peak of what it's like! Hassle Hall is another stunning venue! You can also have a marquee at Brosterfield Farm near Buxton stunning location then you're free to have whatever you want it's a hidden gem! Santos Farm in Higham Is another good location. http://midway-media.com/Blog/post/Lucy-Leee28099s-Wedding.aspx

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hassop Hall sorry predictive iPad text lol

• Peachblossom
    Beginner March 2012
    Peachblossom ·
    • Hide content

Yep - will flash once I work out how to! We had Charlotte as our wedding coordinator and she was great. But then so was everyone else - food was amazing too!!

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

You can flash by clicking on the film strip button (when you hover on it it says "Insert Media"), then you can upload pictures ?

I love Charlotte! We've only dealt with her so far, and I really hope she will be our co-ordinator! The new menu comes out soon, so looking forward to what will be on it.

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

I have looked a Donington Park Farm house and The Priest House Hotel, heading to Calke Abbey tomorrow for their wedding fair... also hoping to looking at Donington Manor hotel in next couple of weeks...

• E
    Beginner May 2011
    Emma2994 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the venue ideas, i shall have a good look Smiley smile Emma
  • Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Swancar farm, trowel moor. It's stunning.

Not sure how cheap you want..........bestwood hotel and goosedale were both reasonable.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I've done a wedding here which is in Retford, Notts. It's been refurbished since I last went which was a while ago:-

http://www.westretfordhotel.co.uk/Wedding-Packages.html

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma, I've shot at loads of lovely venues that I reckon you'll like... Could I ask though, what numbers are you thinking of inviting? This'll make a huge difference!

• E
    Beginner May 2011
    Emma2994 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jon,

We will have about 35 for the daytime and 110 for the evening, we have a budget of around £5 - 7k for a civil ceremony and wedding reception.

Your ideas would be very much invited..

Thanks

Emma?

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I looked at Breadsall Priory, Horsley Lodge and Makeney (along with Bosworth Hall in Leics)

Breadsall was the venue I thought I would choose before I started looking. It is a lovely building with a lovely garden and their Sunday pack was great value. We decided the golfers were offputting and I found it a bit too impersonal.

Horsley Lodge was lovely and their midweek package was great but I found it a bit small and some of the building I didnt like. Plus again the golfers put us off.

We have decided on Makeney as it felt smaller, more unique and a little more personal and had that character and countryside I was looking for. Their package isnt as good but I didn't try and bargain with them until we had already booked the place so maybe they would be a bit more accommodating if they were trying to secure our business.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

ETA: We went to a wedding at the Priest House and that was nice.

Hilton EMA offer a cheap deal but it doesnt offer much "prettiness"

Hilton St Georges Park is a bit more in the countryside (not classed as Derbyshire but not a million miles away) but they are a new hotel so I have no idea how they would do with weddings, plus the hotel is not what I would describe as pretty.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Ringwood Hall, Chesterfield

• AnnaK
    Beginner May 2014
    AnnaK ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm getting married at Donington Manor on 10th May 2014 and so far Amy has been wonderful - she lets me do almost anything with the venue including illuminating the whole garden with fairy lights Smiley heart We've been living in Donington for a year and a half and I've been in love with that place since I first saw it. What I also like about it is that every bedroom has a different decor - the one thing I didn't want for my wedding is corporate-y look and The Manor is anything but corporate! Smiley smile

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

Wood borough hall looks lovely

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We moved into the area a year ago and love it as well... we live 5 mins from Donington... our house is 19thC with the living room all wooden beams... we love the style so we would like to bring that across to our wedding day as well...

Calke Abbey is so grand, lovely but think we will do our engagement shot there...

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

Thought i would introduce myself. I own perfection weddings- chair cover and decor company in heanor, derbyshire.

I have decorated most of the venues you have mentioned and if any of you want any help please let me know.

feel free to visit my facebook page- www.facebook.com/perfectionweddingsderbyshire

love layna x

• hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

We got married at Blackbrook House, it was excellent but it is quite pricey, our second favourite place was Shottle Hall which is quite close. Ive also heard that Calke Abbey have recently re-done there venue and its supposed to be very nice. East lodge looks nice too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics