Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner

Wedding Wellies?!

WhiteSparkles, 9 February, 2011 at 21:43 Posted on Planning 0 19

Bizarre question but here goes-

I'm getting married in April and have this feeling that it will rain! There are beautiful grassy grounds and a canal surrounding our venue and I have such pretty ivory peep toe shoes that I really really really don't want to ruin- the wedding shop I got them from will dye them black afterwards so I can wear them again an again!! So I am considering buying wellies- something fun and colourful from Cath Kidston to wear under my dress to go off for photos...

What are peoples' views, will I just look ridiculous?! Anyone else done this before?

19 replies

Latest activity by Soybean, 12 February, 2011 at 10:24
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Not silly at all. I will have some, as will my Bridesmaids (They're VERY excited about this!)

I adore quirky wedding pics with Wellies.. Mine will probably be very useful when having pictures done in the castle grounds as it can get quite boggy around the moat!

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

I have been looking into this... getting some weddingtons and personalising them.

My luck is quite bad, so I think it's quite good to prepare for the worst.

Go for it, only you know they are there, and if it doesn't read then you have your beautiful shoes x

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Love this! Not silly at all! x

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

I bought some, as last time I went to the church, the car park was like a swamp!

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Wow thanks for the quick replies! Sounds like it isn't such a strange thing to do after all- I just searched the web and saw some photo's where the bride was making a joke out of the rain by showing her wellies off and actually looked like she was having a fab time! I love those white wellies too!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Do a search on Hitched for Drifter & look at her wedding report - she had a very wet wedding & wore funky Joules wellies. She had some awesome pics despite the weather! Don't forget a funky umbrella too.

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I think that sounds pretty awesome!

I won't need welles as we are getting married on a Marina, but I'm going to stock up on brollies because I imagine it might pee don't especially heavily at the mouth of the Irish Sea Smiley sad

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest looking at Drifter's wedding report too! they looked fab!!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I love wedding wellie shots. My tog was the one who actually suggested it to me. Going to have proper shoes as well and wear these for some pictures as my something blue:

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Not silly at all as others have mentioned I had a very wet wedding and wellies were a highlight of the day

my report is here

https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/198178.aspx

and here is just one of many wellie shots

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Drifter, your wedding looked wonderful and you looked beautiful! The wellies actually look fab- I'm not worried if it rains now!!

Right, off to search for some welies for BM and I!!

• S
    Spectrum Disco ·
    • Hide content

Did a wedding the weekend before Xmas, Due to snow only half the guests turned up (I had to leave 4 hours early to make sure I arrived even though the venue was only 3 miles away)

Bride wore white wellies with tinsel looked great.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I had wellies - much better for tramping round the woodland near the venue and got some great shots as a result. Tog was also mightily pleased that I had those as well as a good long coat rather than a flimsy lace thing as it meant we could spend much longer outside (late November) getting good shots rather than trying to grab a shot in between frozen grimaces and chattering teeth!

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

Makes sense.

My normal wellies are white with stylised pink flowers on them. I'm sure they would fit in with someones wedding perfectly.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content

I will definitely be having wellies at hand - we are getting married in a country venue in the autumn! I already have a rather funky pair but they leak so I may just treat myself to a new pair.

p.s. My H2B found this blog post recently, which has some fab welly shots!

http://www.nfelthamphotography.co.uk/blog/?p=1450

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Trixylou - how do they fit?

Been looking at these online myself - although I nearly fell off my chair at the price - don't know if I can justify nearly £40 on a pair of wellies. I have big calves as I used to do ballet for years and my calf muscles seem huge for any long boots. My OH bought me some wellies last year and I had to cut them at the back to be able to wear them. however, these seem a bit lower...

Thanks, VP x

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

We had a bride that had prepared for rain and wanted some shots in her wellies - it was a really sunny day but she still wanted them shot! I'd go for funky wellies so they stand out! x

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

They fit really well Smiley smile I have big calves too and loads of room in them. I got mine from ebay as seconds and were £20. They have a scuff on one at the top but you would never notice and after all they are only wellies Smiley smile Let me know if you want the details and I will dig out the details of the seller for you.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thanks - please! I'd be much obliged! I am relieved...

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the delay in replying. The seller is called weddingwellies and they have some for £23.50 at the moment.

Hope you manage to get some ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics