Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Consuela Banana Hammock

Weigh-in - clothes or no clothes?

Consuela Banana Hammock, 29 of January of 2009 at 10:21 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 12

I know most of us weigh in at either SW or WW or at the gym so I was just pondering how much weight you think your clothes weigh and whether you wear the same outfit every time?

I weigh-in at the gym and I always wear my trainers, gym pants, underwear, sports bra and vest-top and don't really have any idea how much I should account for that.

12 replies

Latest activity by Consuela Banana Hammock, 30 of January of 2009 at 16:13
  • Puss
    Beginner September 2004
    Puss ·
    • Hide content

I weigh in at WW and always wear jeans, underwear (well at least knickers) and a top. I always take my shoes, belt and pedometer and any outer clothes (inc jumper) off first. I admit I might have skipped on the bra and worn a vest top this week to try and get a little more off because I needed the boost but I also know from experience that is more to make me feel better than actually affect things ?.

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

Purely depends on whether it's for a before and after picture or not.

• J
    Beginner January 2008
    JenB ·
    • Hide content

I generally wear roughly the same - light jeans, boots, light top, underwear. I take off my jacket, bag etc. I guess as long as you wear roughly the same each week, you're comparing like for like.

• maxiemax
    maxiemax ·
    • Hide content

I weigh myself at home, so it is naked, first thing in the morning, post-pee..... scales in exactly the same place every time.....holding my breath......not holding my breath.....seeing if it is better if I lean backwards/forwards/stand on one leg.......

• L
    Beginner June 2003
    lainie ·
    • Hide content

? You just made me ROAR with laughter as I do all that!! BUT I also try standing on tiptoes / heels and breathing in and then out through my mouth trying to get every lasy ounce of breath out!!! I thought it was just me!! I always take my dressing gown off, and now I've started putting it down as I realised holding it over one arm was unhelpful!

I will be doing my weigh in at class, so clothed, BUT I'll weigh myself each time at home and if I've lost some I'll stick with the same clothes, if I haven't I'll wear lighter clothes and maybe go commando!!

• M
    Beginner August 2005
    mrsmagoo ·
    • Hide content

I was doing ww online and was weighing in at home, first thing in the morning after toilet , naked etc. Yesterday i joined a ww group as i realised i needed the fear of someone saying "you have put on" to make me do it properly.

I wore jeans, top, underwear and i weighed 2.5lbs more than when i was naked, i weighed myself naked when i got home. It was a bit disheartening to say the least, my goal seems a long way off now!

• M
    Beginner July 2007
    Mrs Sparklycat ·
    • Hide content

Hi CBH,

When you say you weigh at the gym are the scales somewhere private? If they are private (ie not in the middle of the gym!) I would be tempted to weigh myself in my gym kit and then get changed into another set of clothes after weighing myself and just pop all the items you were wearing at weigh in (so the trainers and all the items onto the scales) and that should give you an indication of how much they weigh and if you wear the same each week then you will now what to deduct each week. If they are not private remove your trainers at least there must be a few lb in them!! Phew reading that back changing and unchanging sounds like a mission in itself!

I weigh in at a ww class in the evening at the local gym so wear light weight running bottoms, a t-shirt, underwear etc but remove my trainers!

Good luck

• Zooropa
    Super October 2007
    Zooropa ·
    • Hide content

I usually wear the same to weigh in. I once went with jeans, a big belt & t-shirt and when I got home I weighed myself and then changed into my usual weigh in outfit (black trousers & polo shirt). I was a little dissapointed to find there was virtually no difference between them.

• leafy
    Beginner September 2005
    leafy ·
    • Hide content

I wear cropped leggings, a t shirt, knickers and bra. Sometimes don't bother with a bra. No socks.

One girl last week stripped off loads and even took out her hair clip.

I always weigh at home naked first thing in a morning but haven't done it this week so tonight will be a surprise at SW.

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well they're private in so far as they're in the ladies changing rooms rather than in the middle of the cardio room! I think your suggestion is a really good one and I'll do just that tomorrow and see what my usual kit plus trainers weighs in at. I reckon it might be a kilogram. Will report back but that's for suggesting that - I'll weigh myself on the way in and my clothes on the way out! ?

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

I weighed myself with towel round me and towel on my head after bath this morning, and when I took it all off and tried again I was 5lbs lighter! I normally weigh first thing in the morning & nekkid, for minimum weight ?

• S
    Beginner September 2007
    Smelly_Kelly ·
    • Hide content

I weigh in the same(ish) clothes every week.

Normally combat type trousers, a tops, underwear. I always take my shoes and outer clothes off.

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Well I weighed my gym kit and I was quite surprised - 1kg!! I haven't lost any more weight since I weighed myself last week but my total for the month (I'm trying to focus on monthly totals to be honest) is 2.5kg or 5.5lbs which I'm quite happy with.

I'm going to try really hard not to weigh myself again now until the end of February and just concentrate on my exercise and eating sensibly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics