Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Suzie&Karl
Beginner January 2012

Weight watchers advise

Suzie&Karl, 23 September, 2010 at 12:30 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I have decided to try and follow the WW diet. I can not afford to join, so because of that i have not got any of the books etc. I have picked up a few things from different people and have made quite a good list of foods and points.

Does anybody know what chocolate bar has a quite low point scoring?

Also, is all fruit and veg point free?

Have you got any low point but tasye and filling recipes that you use?

Anything would great - i'm having a new start, with gettin my house keys next week i have decided its time for a change and i need to do something about it!

x

9 replies

Latest activity by KayJBee, 27 September, 2010 at 15:50
  • Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Not doing WW but I seem to have developed a habit of measuring everything in KitKats. They're 107 calories for the two finger one and if I'm at the gym I'll do fifteen minutes on the treadmill and realise I've only burned off one kitkat. Or I'll check the calorie count on a cheese and onion pasty or something and say "dear god that's almost 3 kitkats!" No idea if there are better choccy bars than that (and I don't really count KKs as a choc bar, more a biscuit) but sometimes it helps put things in perspective.

And again, not WW but I ❤️ the BBC Good Food book 101 Low Fat Feats. Yummy recipes, huuuge portions, dead easy and all calorie counted so I think you can work out the WW points from the calorie count.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I have been calorie counting for ages but am finding it hard to stick to, but think WW is going to help me.

Thats one thing i cannot stand, KitKats, and it certainly doesnt take my chocolate cravings away Smiley sad

Thanks - i'll have a look at that book!

x

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

I've just been informed that maltesers are 11 calories each

When I did WW, I am sure I ate lots and lots of milkyways

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So are those Mikado chocolatey biscuity things!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Hi Suzie,

I just joined WW (online only) last week - 2 pounds off in my first week - so fingers crossed it'll keep working - and work for you too!

Here's a list of a few choc bars with their points - the basic rule with chocolate seems to be 1 square of choc is 1 point!

Galaxy Ripple - 4pts

Kinder Bueno White - 2pts

Milky Way - 2pts

Aero - 5pts

Cadbury Buttons - 4pts

Small Packet Malteasers - 4pts

Smarties (tube) - 4pts

Flake - 4pts

Curly Wurly - 2pts

If you'd like me to look up anything specific, let me know and I'll do my best!

They're changing the diet soon (or so I've heard on the grapevine) so the points values of things will change as they will take into account protein content and all sorts. I just hope it's not going to get confusing! Smiley smile

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and to answer your other question - on the points plan - all veg is 0 points, but fruit has a points value, varies depending on the fruit. A portion of strawberries is 1pt for example.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thank you - your a star!!

x

• LuLu_x
    Beginner May 2012
    LuLu_x ·
    • Hide content

Hi Suzie! i used to do weightwatchers and found this site handy to calculate the points in stuff!

http://www.mypoints.me/

x

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    sugarsugar ·
    • Hide content

The lady who set up this website is fab and has the WW points values of virtually anything you can think of!

http://ukladyluck.co.uk/

• K
    Beginner July 2005
    KayJBee ·
    • Hide content

A Crunchie is only 4 points, one of the very few 'proper' chocolate bars that's less than 6 points.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics