Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anonbride
Expert July 2023 Cornwall

What are some personal touches you're planning for your wedding day?

Anonbride, 16 of March of 2022 at 15:26 Posted on Planning 1 11

I think we so often post on here when something's stressing us out, so I thought it might be nice to share a few things that we're doing because we just really want to and that'll make our days feel like ours! A positive post where we can share some personal touches and generate some excitement!

I'll go first with some favourites of mine:

My oldest friend (we met in primary school) is going to officiate our ceremony. We've spent many years jokingly saying he'd officiate my future wedding, and when I got engaged I decided it would actually be really special to genuinely let him do this - luckily FH loved the idea too! In a real meant-to-be moment, he recently guessed exactly what song I'd decided to walk down the aisle to and had even been playing it whenever he'd been practicing his officiant speech!

We're having a DJ, but for our first dance two musically talented friends are performing. A friend of mine is singing and a friend of FH's is playing the guitar - so someone important to me and someone important to him are getting together to learn and perform our song.

My mum is famous among mine and my brother's friends for making the best chocolate brownies. Instead of a wedding cake, she's going to make a giant tower of brownies!

Our dog is going to be 'flower pup' and will open the ceremony by running down the aisle wearing a flower collar - I think it'll be adorable even if she goes rogue and stops to say hello to everyone on the way Smiley xd

Looking forward to reading some of yours! Smiley heart

11 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 19 of March of 2022 at 14:29
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

Nice idea Chloe.....

We have a few small personal touches I guess, my two daughters (from a previous relationship) are bridesmaids as well as my adult sister and her two daughters then her son is a pageboy, since he is only 3 that will be cute!

My eldest daughter (she's 14) is going to do a short poem at the dinner written my one of my work colleagues which makes a joke of the fact we met online- I am yet to find a way to incorporate the number 17 into proceedings- my fiancé was the 17th man I dated!

For table names we are choosing craft beer names that mean stuff (Yorkshire Terrier as I am from Yorkshire for instance and am not a terrier Smiley laugh ) and using the actual bottles on the table- my fiancé is a craft beer addict so this is for him.

My parents have an old suitcase from the White Star Line (same as Titanic) that was my grandma's so they are relining it in matching blue and using it for all the cards at the reception.

I am wearing white Converse at the evening reception and I am known for wearing them on a daily basis -although these ones will be wedding ones with fancy laces and I Do on the back.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

And the chocolate brownies sound epic!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My Dd passed when I was 10 and although I have 3 brothers I am having step daughter walk me down the aisle as to us our marriage is about binding us together as a family unit. She is also doing a r adding on the day that she has chosen.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Your personal touches sound fab! I would love our dog there too but he's a touch too naughty to be near people in their fancy clothes!

We are also probably having a brownie stack instead of a cake as my partner makes amazing brownies!

We are thinking about having a dance machine (think seaside arcade ones) and a pub quiz because they are things we love! We went to a pub quiz every week almost when we first got together!

We are having a mutual friend do out photos because we have known her a long time and trust her to help us feel at ease on the day.

I am also making my flowers and they are based on the first ever flowers my OH bought me but with a twist to also include our venues theme.

So excited!

• Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww these are all such wonderful ideas! Sounds like your day is going to be amazing - especially love the white converse!

• Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a lovely moment that will be for you and your step daughter Smiley heart

• Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I'm hoping no one wears anything too fancy to ours anyway as it'll be on the beach, FH is less convinced our pup won't be naughty! Smiley xd

A dance machine and a pub quiz sounds AWESOME - that will be such fun!

• S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!
    Really would love our dog to be there but he's chaos! I'm sure yours will be fab and it will feel lovely having your pup there on the day xx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a flower pup! Please post some photos after your wedding as that sounds super cute!

Our personal touches - we are both mixed Welsh/Scots heritage, so we had Welsh & Scottish music for our ceremony (and one hymn had a verse in Welsh). Both our fathers died before our wedding, so my OH wore his dad's watch and I had my dad's favourite flowers in my bouquet and a little bouquet charm with his photo on one side and 'love' in his writing on the other attached to it.

One of my best friends is a professional musician, so she offered to provide the music for us, and another of our friends is a minister and did the service. So much nicer than being married by a random person you've never met before!

And we got a custom cake topper with our silhouettes, including our dog!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    This is good idea Chloe xx Im just having small wedding me h2b and three kids the boys will walk down with me and my daughter is going to be my bridesmaid. Just simple just how i like they have picked everythin which i love we always bake cakes together so they have decided to make the cake an decorate it also they have decorated a box which is nearly finished for the rings its a bit early but they tried the box idea to see how it looked first try was amazing so when its nearly done we are going to seal it up and wait for the day xx Things like this mean so much xx💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I love yours such i lovely thing you will have the most amazing day good luck to you both xx💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics