Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

I can't actually believe how nasty this thread became! I love hitched as I know I'm going to get honest advice I hate forums where people are all gushy and agree with everything anyone says I like a bit of variety of opinions, I actually stopped using hitched for a while as most of the threads are about the same things all the time and it gets a bit boring. I love some light hearted threads and get so frustrated when certain groups of people feel the need to attack others just because they are feeling sensitive about what has been said, these are the types of threads that make hitched different from other forums and why so many of us like it.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh I can beat that, Thor gives paw and if I make kissy sounds he brings his nose up to my lips for kisses. Freaks out OH but it's too cute and the cat always looks a little bashful afterwards. Our cats ROCK!!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh I can beat that, Thor gives paw and if I make kissy sounds he brings his nose up to my lips for kisses. Freaks out OH but it's too cute and the cat always looks a little bashful afterwards. Our cats ROCK!!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sorry that cracked me up!! Does he run into glass doors? mine does!! Smiley laugh

Glad people see my view on the chairs and investing thing. I think personally a function room should be natural and easy to maintain. I know that's easier said than done, it would be nice Smiley smile

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I knew it was someone else who suggested that ? too lazy to trawl through today! It would make a lot of sense if they were like that, one of the venues I visited was just like that but it was already booked for over 2 years in advance!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

see? see? good business practice! they;re making a profit on it! shame you couldn't it though. wow 2 years ....

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went to see a venue that was stunning, beautiful gardens, gorgeous mini bar on a wooden deck type area, and he ruled it straight out because the carpet was dark blue with bright orange and red swirly bits. It did look nasty to be fair, but i thought i was meant to be the picky one!

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

I dont think it was the title of the thread that was offending but the way some things were said.

"I dont like such a thing its out dated"

"I dont like such a thing its tacky"

"I dont like such a thing its a no no at weddings"

Im having a lot of the hate things in my wedding and i dont care what people think,

I love weddings, any weddings all little things that have been done to add touches to thier day,i wouldnt sit there slating things the bride and groom have done,i would just be enjoying their day, chatting, catching up with people iv not seen in awhile and having fun and then thanking them for including me in their special day.

Which i hope other people will be doing on my wedding day .(having fun ect).

Things i would hate about weddings would be if every wedding was the same ie:same colours, same readings, same themes everyone needs somthing different ,

Its all the finishing touches that makes a wedding weather you made things your self or things were bought ,but most of all its what you want on your day that makes your day.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dammit - You're really mean and I think I may cry! ?

Back to the original topic. I don't like pink, balloons, bands, soppy father daughter dances and feathers. Having said that, I have been to beautiful weddings where all of these have been involved and it hasn't hampered my enjoyment of the day at all. I just didnt want them at my wedding. I also don't like cathederal length veils, glittery shoes and boring strapless dresses.... But I had all of these things!! ?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

god i hope this doesn't happen with me! we're a little estranged .. Skype calls can be .. awkward. and dancing aaaaw cra-

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Jheeze, take it all with a pinch of salt.

Lots of people are hating half my wedding but I don't care!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Multicat love that dress!

Can I just say I am really shocked at this post. I joined just after Christmas and love hitched. I don't think I could have started my planning without the ladies here. I know it's cheesy but I look forward to replying to threads thinking I'm helping and having a laugh after a rubbish day at work with others planning their weddings - there is always someone who knows what your going through with the in laws or decorating the invites! I really hope this thread doesn't stop any new people from using the site and getting the help we have had.

Xx

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Errr ? we have missed you too lady!

Hope you are okay Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner April 2013
    JanetJones ·
    • Hide content

Any-hooo.

What's your favourite kind of potato? Mine is a maris piper.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're cabbage girls round these parts...

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

My wedding had chair covers, rectangular tables, balloons, sweetie buffet, finger buffet, men wearing matching suits, swirly waistcoats AND a strapless dress.

And it was ruddy perfect.

Am I offended that other people think all those things are tacky? Abso-bloody-lutely not.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to this thread I lost an hour of my working day this morning!

Just hilarious.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to this bloody thread I have eaten a whole easter egg and missed a huge chunk of my working day. I have been so enthralled at the stoopidness of some of the people on here. If its ? you are after then I don't think this is the board for you ladies.

Any hooooooo! Back to the original post. My list includes......

Strapless dresses, dresses with colour, dresses with sequins, too many bridesmaids, satin dresses, satin wedding shoes, those huge waterfall style bouquets, balloons, crystals on tables, feathers, buffets, choc fountains, teal.

Oh and brides that don't like other peoples opionions and take everything to seriously.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Now I'm immensely offended, and I thought we were pals.

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

I have all those too Smiley smile

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that was an interesting read.

Anyway! Lol

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both Bertie and Matilda are also part parrot as well as part dog, cat and weirdo.

They like to jump onto my shoulder (sometimes even from the floor!!) and sit on it while I walk around the house. I have to force Bertie off sometimes because he likes it so much.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Little Pixie you've just reminded me I have an uneaten Easter egg!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry Pinky - but I thought you and your bridal party looked amazing - can we be friends again please? ❤️

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well said, if we had more posts/posters like this, Hitched would be a more approachable site to visit.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Hitched is an approachable site. It just doesn't have the fluff of other wedding forums.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

I like new season Jersey Royal potatoes. Can't beat them with a bit of mint and butter.

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not when you have to type and retype a reply without being accused of being fluffy/wishy-washy etc. Also what's with the Freudian over analysing of every comment?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it's not your cup of tea to this extent, what are you doing here? (Genuine question) Other wedding fora are available.
    (Just when you all thought I'd managed to avoid this thread.....)

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are OVER LP!!!!!! My dress is covered in them so *sticks tongue out* NARNANANANARNANAAAA!

I mean I thought if I like it then EVERYONE else should?? No?

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Who's over analysing every comment? I've commented on one thing you've posted, and seeing as you've made 12 whole posts it's hardly a lot to choose from.

Why do you need to retype for fear of being fluffy? Can you not write a post without putting 'Hun' and hundreds of Xxxxxx? You can tell someone something looks great without being fluffy. Similarly if someone has posted something that is clearly terrible then isn't it better to be honest and say its maybe not a great idea? Or like other forums should we all just say everything is lovely regardless? The difference with Hitched is that people are honest, that doesn't mean people are rude. There is a difference.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics