Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

What don't you like at weddings?

*Mini*, 30 of March of 2013 at 17:56

Posted on Planning 550

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in! So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa. I will...

Its been ages since we did one of these and we have lots of lovely new shiny Hitchers to join in!

So the question is what don't you like at weddings? Chair Covers? Horse Drawn Carriages? Men in top hats? could be anything. The fun is to see what you have that others don't like and vice versa.

I will start;

Matching grooms/ushers/father of the bride

Cravats

Sweetie buffets

Balloons.

Your go.....

550 replies

• Geogina
    West Midlands
    Geogina ·
    • Hide content
    • Long speeches
    • Cash bars
    • Inappropriate music
    • Uncomfortable seating arrangements
    • Too Many group photos
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Not having friends and family has they would dictate what happening at my wedding so no sit down meal just fun with h2b and children x♥️
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Just seen the year it was posted
  • Shree
    Curious March 2019 Karnataka
    Shree ·
    • Hide content

I do not get why wedding invitations have to be so fancy and complicated. Why not just an easy card pronouncing when and where? I think that all that extra stuff with the gold and scrolls is a good deal.

• K
    Beginner September 2024 Bedfordshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,
    I'm just reading through posts and came across your reply.
    Are you not having having sit down meal?I really don't want one but am finding it hard planning without it! Timing and what to do instead. Trying to find some ideas or inspos on here x
  • Sie
    Curious November 2025 Essex
    Sie ·
    • Hide content

Can we balance it out and have what we do and dont like?
    I love balloonsI love blingI love everything matchingI love vintage 50s -circle dress with a mountain of underskirts and a tiara, poofy veil - all of which l am too old to wear but it's my day and lm having it.🤣I've got diamante everywhere.
    My screaming grandkids are my bridesmaids and pages.I cant be arsed with everyone arguing over the seating plan so its a help yourself buffet so everyone can sit wherever they like and with who they want to.
    I dont like -OvercrowdingPastelsBeigeSloppy love songsFake peopleToo much of a posh dinner that goes on too long.Anyone bitching on someone's elses big day.
    We are all amazing different women planning our weddings and we all deserve exactly what we want.
    Go sisters and have the best times xx❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics