Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Duckford20
Beginner April 2012

What length veil did everyone wear?

Duckford20, 30 of December of 2010 at 23:27 Posted on Planning 0 12

So I definately want to wear a veil! But am really undecided over what length to wear! When I bought my dress I tried on a fingertip length veil which looked lovely and showed the detail of the dress, however I am getting married in a very traditional church ceremony and am undecided whether to have a cathedral length veil. I also want to have the veil over my face when walking down the aisle, but with the material of my dress, I fear I may look like a giant cloud! What did everyone else wear?

http://www.pure-bridal.co.uk/09pure_gallery02.html

Dress is second at the top, not the best picture as I have a large underskirt to go under it so appear slightly more a-line. Train is quite long with some sparkly detail.

12 replies

Latest activity by MISSMAYFLOWER, 2 of January of 2011 at 16:34
  • LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

I wore a cathedral length veil and it was so lovely. It had crystals on it but had no trim so it kind of blended into teh dress so ut wasn't obvious where the veil ended and the dress began IYSWIM? Looked nice though and I'm so glad I went for it x

• rebecca2286
    Beginner April 2011
    rebecca2286 ·
    • Hide content

I've been really lucky, my something borrowed is an amazing cathedral length veil that was my cousins! So I'm wearing that down the aisle. I think cathedral length is amazing! Go for that!

But then also, I want to look very "bridal" for the whole day without dragging a delicate veil around on the floor, so I've also bought a shorter veil with little pearls on it. Both have an over the face bit as I really want that too, like you!

Hmm, reading back thats not much help is it!! Maybe try both styles and see which is your favourite

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for the fingertip length I think, but only for the reason that I tried on a cathedral length and it didn't suit the dress at all!

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Laura_boo - I think this is the type of veil I'm hoping to have - do you mind it I ask how much it cost roughly? Did you get it from the shop you got your dress from?

Thank you Smiley smile

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I wore my veil over my face going down the aisle:

Me and my dad!

Then had it back the rest of the day:

Me and my husband 😃

ETA: it was a finger tip veil hopefully not 2 much like a cloud!!

• Duckford20
    Beginner April 2012
    Duckford20 ·
    • Hide content

I may have to try them both on with the dress nearer the time! Amour - you look fabulous! My dress has an organza material to it, very similar to a veil hence the 'cloud' expression hehe. Anymore flashes out there? Decisions, decisions......

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I wore a finger tip veil (civil ceremony) and over my face and it wasn't puffy or big at all. x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

P.s. I don't like the 'cloud' look either so had my veil positioned half way through my hairstyle so it didn't sit on my shoulders and puff up at the top of my head.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I had a short veil & wore it over my face walking down the aisle.

With my Dad:

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

Hi MISSMAYFLOWER, only just seen your message s sorry for the delay.

I got mine from my dress shop, it was £165 I think. ALot of money really, but was truly beautiful x

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the mahoosive pics! But yo can see that the veil blends with the dress so doesn't look cloud like at all! I wore mine the same as Lynsey-in the middle of my hair so it didn't puff above my head but gave me enough coverage over my arms as and when I needed it as I dont like my arms!

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

Laura-boo, thank you for the reply, I was thinking around £200 so that seems similar to yours. Your pictures look fabulous, the veil goes so well - I can't wait to try veil's on again when my dress comes in ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics