Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

What type of necklace/earrings

Km86, 22 of August of 2022 at 22:36 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
I'm really unsure what type of jewellry to go for.
My dress is a strapless sweetheart neckline with a semi see-through bit between my boobs to halfway to my belly button (I'm terrible at describing things)
I'm not yet sure whether I'm having my hair up or down (I prefer it down and so does my wife to be but I feel like up is more elegant) if I wear my hair up I would like stuf earrings but if I wear it down I will wear drop earrings.
For a necklace I feel like a chain with a pendant will look a bit lost unless it was a big pendant which isn't my style at all, so hen I've been looking at the necklaces where they are diamanté all the way round and have a point at the front but do you think that will make the dress look cheap? I'll try and add pictures if I can

5 replies

Latest activity by Seny, 27 of February of 2023 at 14:18
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content
    What type of necklace/earrings 1

What type of necklace/earrings 2
    What type of necklace/earrings 3
    So this is my dress and the style of necklace I'm considering but if you think it will make my dress look cheap or tacky please be honest as that is not the look I am going for! And I love these small wreath studs (December wedding) but I think they'll look silly and too small if I have my hair down, what do you think? X

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the type of earnings dependent on how you have your hair, but for me, I think your dress is stunning and don't think you need any necklace, it may detract from the dress detail. If you do want one I would say the first one from JJ's house but is your choice

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Your dress is amazing love it but you dont need it agree with charlotte on this one the detail on dress is enough and no matter how you have your hair wont matter. X💗
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I think a really simple necklace with a simple pendant would work with the dress - I wouldn't go for anything with too much going on to risk clashing with the detail of your dress.

For your hair, go with what makes you feel like the best version of yourself! I feel like brides default to hair up but if that doesn't feel like you then you might not feel right on the day. I always have my hair down and feel like it looks better that way so am going with half up just so I have a bit of room to do something a bit fancy with it as I just know I won't feel like me if I go for my hair completely up.

• Seny
    Beginner February 2023 Derbyshire
    Seny ·
    • Hide content
    Don't worry, you're not alone - choosing jewelry can be tough! Based on your dress description, it seems like drop earrings could be a great option if you decide to wear your hair down. If you go with an updo, stud earrings could definitely add some elegance.

As for a necklace, I understand your concern about a chain with a pendant potentially getting lost. A diamanté necklace with a point at the front could be a great option, but it ultimately depends on the style of the necklace and how it complements your dress. Have you considered personalized jewelry? It could be a really lovely way to add a unique touch to your outfit, and there are so many options out there to fit any style. personalized jewelry

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics