Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rizzo
Beginner July 2011

What Would You Do If Your OH Cheated? **Proceed With Caution...**

Rizzo, 17 October, 2011 at 20:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 149

Following on from the cheating threads, what would you do if your OH cheated on you?

I would have to kick him to the curb. There's no way I could carry on being his wife if I didn't trust him and he disrespected me and my children in such a big way.

149 replies

Latest activity by freb2reh, 20 October, 2011 at 15:18
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Theres NO WAY, no matter how much he grovelled i could take him back. I think itd cause too many trust issues with me which would cause arguements in the future and me being paranoid about where he was allll the time.

I understand some people can deal with and move on, i for one, am not one of them

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I'd kick his ass out of the house without hesitating.

I wouldn't be able to take him back as i'd spend the entire time thinking he was up to something. It wouldn't just be me he'd hurt, it'd be our kids, that's what'd pi$$ me off more.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

NO!! I would not take someone back who had cheated on me.

I have a friend who has been cheated on by nearly every man she has been with. She is lovely but very needy and i don't like to say it but I think sometimes certain people are attracted to that type of man!?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Leave.

I could not forgive that, if he had that much disrespect for me to cheat then I wouldn't be interested in staying. I don't think I could ever get over the feeling of mistrust and would become totally paranoid about everything.

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I agree with all of you. When i found out my ex had cheated i ripped up every single item of his clothing which was all designer gear and chucked it out the front garden. he was mortified but i was so totally heartbroken that he did that to me i didnt care what the neighbours thought. it took me 2 yrs to get over the hurt he caused and i will never ever tolerate that behaviour so if my OH cheated then hes out on his ear and he knows it.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

I think I would try hard to see if we could make a go of it particularly if children were involved. It does depend a little on how serious the cheeting was though, i'm not sure if I could do this if it had been going on for years - double life type thing.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I would leave him no questions asked. I am not insecure so don't feel the need to stay with a man who didn't have the guts to confess or leave rather than cheat on me. I couldn't trust him again. My son and I deserve better.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Honestly? I have no idea what I'd do.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It would very much depend on the circumstances. I'd be heartbroken whatever happened, but might be willing to work through some situations and not others.

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

As his ex had an affair and ran off with someone, he wouldnt do it. We have had so many conversations about it.

I have always thought that if someone has an affair then there is no trust, and without trust then there is no relationship. However I love him so much that I don't think I could live without him. Don't get me wrong, I would f**king punish him for it!

Bx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this. I'd like to think that would be it but we've had ten years together and I'm not sure I could throw that all away. I think it would depend on the extent of the affair etc.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me neither. I feel like I want to say I'd leave him. But if it came down to it, would I? Would depend on the circumstances.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I have warned that I would go- this is to keep him on the straight and narrow as MrMini has a wandering eye.... !!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Then he's clearly mental Mini!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hahaha- not sure MrMini thinks the same Kharv!!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Depends. Randomly snogging someone on a drunken night out is different to being emotionally involved with someone for a prolonged period of time. I've said it before here but I think I could separate a sexual relationship (forgivable) from an emotional one (less so).

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I think that a drunken kiss/whatever is a lot different from something more long term. I'd struggle to accept either though...

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I think it would largely depend on the nature of the cheating. A drunken kiss/fumble/sh*g, I could probably (with a lot of time and effort and marriage counselling) move on from. A sustained affair where he'd betrayed me and lied to me deliberately... I don't know. It would largely depend on whether or not he actually wanted us to work things out. Someone who has an affair isn't truly committed to their marriage. I think that for our children's sake, I would want to at least try, but after how badly I was treated by my ex when he cheated, it would turn me into the most paranoid, insecure wreck.

I don't think I would automatically leave him. But it would be very difficult to move on from it and have a happy marriage again.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I would be very, very unlikely to ever forgive him even for a drunken one off. There would be no trust left and he wouldn't be the man I love, so as much as it would be traumatic after over 13 years together and two kids I do think it would spell the end for us.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I would split i am pretty sure. I know myself well enough that i would always be burning with rage especially on those PMT days and hating him and i really would not want to live like that,i am not really the forgiving type even for drunken snogs.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

What would I do? Shout, break things, shout some more, break more things, realise that anyone who cheats doesn't love the person they are supposed to be in a relationship with or are looking for an excuse to get out of the relationship, then get on with my single life.

I don't think it's possible to ever get back to normal and forgive someone that has cheated (On any level) and most of the time, people wont leave the cheater because of what they have to lose (Be that a house, lifestyle, business, wedding planning, baby plans, family unit.. whatever) but they end up looking like a complete mug.

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

I would cut off his willy while he slept.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Thinking about it more, I guess it's easy to say you'd do one thing or another, but harder to actually deal with it when it actually happens.

When my first bf (and then-fiance) told me that he had feelings for another girl, the first thing I did was call off the engagement, but it took me another 6 months to actually dump him. I can't believe how I let him treat me.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I sort of know how I'd react because I've sort of been there before. My ex cheated on me, I suspected as much at the time but he denied it furiously (as did the harlot he was bonking). I didn't leave him, but I did end up a real emotional mess by the end of it all.

H and I have had hugely rocky patches in our relationship - largely down to my immense insecurities because of my ex - but throughout it all we've maintained that we could work through anything. Between those 2 experiences I think I can say I'm reasonably secure that I wouldn't instantly leave him if he cheated, but it would be a very long and difficult journey to move on and it's quite possible we would go our separate ways in the end.

Of course if he went as far as leaving me for another woman, I'd do something dreadful to him. Not physically harm him, but I'd burn his guitar or similar ?

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

To find out that the person you love has cheated on you is the most awful feeling ever and i know i would never tolerate it again so i can say hand on heart i would def kick him to the kerb if he did that.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Like others have said I think it's impossible to know what you would do until your in that situation yourself. I think it depends on the type and length of cheating and also your own personal circumstance ie children. My 1st thought would be to get rid straight away but you never know. I think thats the easy option, the harder option would be to deal with it and work through it. He would have some serious grovelling to do first

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

To disregard everything you have and have been through together is very easy in principle, but i think the reality can be very different for alot of people. Every situation and every person is different.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Through bitter experience, kick him out.

Divorce him.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

How do you know anything about me?

For the sake of my children, I would have to split with him. The house would become a warzone and they don't deserve to have that as their home.

I already found the strength to split with their father, I'm sure I would be able to do it again.

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

It would be over. End of. And I would probably go out of my way to make his life a misery! And hers.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I would be completely heartbroken and wouldn't be able to continue in the marriage. I'm not sure how you continue in a relationship when you don't trust that person.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

How is this fine? "It's not his fault he can't keep his trousers on" is still cheating and he would still be abusing my trust.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics