Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

What would you wear to fly in when going somewhere hot?

15 August, 2011 at 13:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Beginning to think about packing for honeymoon and need to get organised as leave the house on the sat morning and wont return for over 3 weeks!

Not sure what to wear to travel in. Needs to be comfy as a fairly long flight but I also like to look nice and it will be very hot when we arrive (arriving into Dubai). Also need to bear in mind Dubai culture so nothing showing too mcuh flesh!

What do you usually travel in?

17 replies

Latest activity by Tray1980, 17 August, 2011 at 12:32
  • nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

My first thought would be white linen trousers!! That's what I am travelling in then a vest top with a cardigan (I always get really gold on flights!)

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I usually wear a maxi dress and cardigan (cardi more for the flight though).

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS. Linen trousers and vest top/cardi everytime!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Yeah another vote for White linen trousers, vest and cardi. Will you have to have your shoulders covered in Dubai? So it may be too warm to have to wear a cardi over your vest, so maybe a t-shirt instead. Linen trousers may end up looking very creased, so maybe a pair of plazzo pants that are in at the mo, instead?

I always take a pashmina on flights with me, good for keeping warm and so useful if needed as a cover up. I'm also planning on wearing flip flops so my feet are not hot when we arrive, but taking a pair of socks to wear during the flight.

You'll look fab when you land, as long as you are wearing a huge pair of sunnies daaahing!...

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I never wear linen when flying cos its creases so bad and makes me look like a tramp the other end!! I generally wear a pair of summer combats and a vest top with a big cardi to go as airplanes can get chilly on long flights!!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I wore a maxi-dress into Morocco which also has a culture where not too much flesh should be shown out of respect. It was really comfy on the plane and cooling when we got there (it was about 45 degrees C when we got there)

White linen trousers are also a good suggestion.

• H
    HannahHERA ·
    • Hide content

I'd go for some of the really lovely wide-legged printed trousers that are around at the moment with a plain vest top and flat sandals or wedges, that way you can layer up with cardigans etc if it gets a bit chilly on the plane. Have a great holiday!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

A nice maxi skirt, the crinkled kind so you dont need to worry about it creasing and a simple t shirt take a little jacket just incase it gets a bit cold on the flight or a cardi.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I wore leggings, a long vest top and then a cardi.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

I wore linen trousers, a vest top and a small cardigan on the way to Greece. I also put my white linen shorts in my hand luggage, but didn't end up changing!

I think a maxi dress is a good idea too.

Edit- just seen your comment on not showing too much flesh! maybe not shorts then!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I wore a jersey maxi dress as it looked nice but was as comfy as wandering about in my nightie. I also wore a cardigan and took a pair of thick socks in my hand luggage as I tend to get freezing on flights. I'm what Stokey's refer to as Nesh (there is no other word for Nesh but basically means you feel the cold more than the average person)

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I always layer it up when going to a hot country. The aeroplane is always cool, and the airports are room temperature, taxis are usually air con too, so I would wear layers.

Either long skirt, linen shorts or cropped trousers.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just what i was going to say! Linen trousers, vest and cardi

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I wear linen trousers, a vest top and a cardigan (cold on the plane) every time I fly into Dubai. I haven't had issues with creases in my trousers like lots of people often say of linen. It's not as strict as you might think with dress in the airport and I often see teeny shorts on girls (I do find it incredibly disrespectful though. As long as your shoulders and knees are covered, you'll be fine. It's crazy hot there too at this time of year and it'll even feel warm in the terminal despite the a/c!

• B
    Beginner May 2007
    betical ·
    • Hide content

Tee shirts and shorts will be my first choice

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is what I wore last time I flew. I also wore a fabric scarf so I could sling it around my shoulders (to respect the country's culture) and take off my cardi at the other end.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I always fly on linen pants and a vest top. Always the same ones!

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too - especially as the big leg pocket gives me somewhere safe to stash my passport

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics