Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Whats your first dance song?

*Mini*, 4 August, 2011 at 20:38

Posted on Planning 47

The ones we like are non-shuffable, unless we want a first dance mosh we are running pretty thin on ideas. What have you had/got- may give me some ideas.

The ones we like are non-shuffable, unless we want a first dance mosh we are running pretty thin on ideas. What have you had/got- may give me some ideas.

47 replies

• MrsB_2_be
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsB_2_be ·
    • Hide content

We're having Better Together by Jack Johnson too x

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

We had U2 With or Without you - it was ace! We were so worried about it because of the lyrics even though we knew we didnt want any other song but everybody loved it and they were lots of tears. So glad we went with it.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

We're having "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly. OH is a Buddy Holly fan and it's nice and short. I preferred "Stand By Me" by Ben E King but OH thought it was "too fast" to shuffle to.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Hotel Yorba by The White Stripes.

Others we considered: Lovecats by The Cure (but a bit long). There Is A Light by The Smiths (again, long and, superfically, some people won't get the romance). Touch Me by The Doors (wierd instrument solo towards the end where we couldn't work out what we'd do). Here Comes Your Man by Pixies (we both LOVE it and I can't actually remember why we scrapped it....).

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

Possibly kissing you by des'ree

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having this one too! :-)

• M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

We had Starship - Nothings gonna stop us now (from the movie Mannequin which I've never seen!)

The words were perfect for us and all our guests loved it as it was dancy and not what they expected!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

One of this weekends jobs is to sort the first dance song- can make MrMini practice shuffling with me then- am going to listen to Jimmy alot (standard weekend then) and see what we come up with.

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

We are having a right palaver trying to decide, we definately want a song by Rammstein but it won't be our first (not suitable), or the other option was to have a song then break into Rammstein nearer the end of the first song haha Smiley laugh

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

We had Ben E King's "Stand By Me", love it.

MissMayflower you NEED to watch Mannequin!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It came down to choosing between Placebo and Ben E King (one extreme to the other!) Placebo have lost. We may have that as our second song and then go into the Power of Love after that!

FYI- Starship is going to have to make an appearance in the "cheesey 80's" section of the DJ set!

• G
    Beginner July 2012
    GemmieH ·
    • Hide content

We are probably going to have 'For Lovers' by Pete Doherty and Wolfman or 'More Than Words' by Extreme.

I think our second song will probably be 'Mr Brightside' by The Killers as it is our silly dance song.

• blossom1985
    Beginner January 2001
    blossom1985 ·
    • Hide content

I keep asking OH about this as we don't have "a song". He repeatedly requests Rage Against the Machine killing in the name of .... to which he just gets a glare .... it will be the last song of the night just like at our engagement party.

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    madforit ·
    • Hide content

The Darkness - I Believe In a Thing Called Love.

Great song with great memories for us :-)

Sabbra Cadabra - Black Sabbath will be in there somewhere too. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics