Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2012

When did it hit you that you were actually getting married?

ce4mpMwp, 9 February, 2012 at 12:58 Posted on Planning 0 16

I know we all know we are getting married, after all the planning its pretty obvious but it only hit me at the weekend when i was going on MY hen do for OUR wedding. I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks and realised i am actually getting married and its all happening. It was a happy yet emotional moment.

Has this happened to anyone else?

16 replies

Latest activity by Tracy2012, 9 February, 2012 at 20:01
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Even on the morning of the wedding getting married it hadn't sunk in that I was getting ready for our wedding. It actually hit me when I was walking out of the bridal suite ready to go into the ceremony room.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I have been planning our wedding for over two years so it has always seemed so far away, it wasn't until I hot the 6 month to go mark that I realised that everything I have booked so far actually has to mean something!!!

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in 9 days and it still hasn't sunk in. I think I will probably wake up the next morning and think holy sh*t, I got married yesterday...

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Even on my wedding day it was all a bit surreal - I got married last September and I still say every now and again "Hello husband...we're married!!!" The OH thinks I'm a bit strange.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I hit me a few weeks ago...literraly nearly passed out...but then its kinda gone again x

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

I dont think its hit me yet, everything seems quite surreal still. x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Hasn't hit me yet!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I have the occasional 'oh *** - we've only got XXX long until the wedding' moments, but then I forget again. I think when all the family arrive and I finish up at work it will seem real then.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

It's not yet. Probably when I go on my hen do too.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I got a bit flustered when the car arrived but then calmed down and it totally hit me walking down the aisle! I was petrified and there is one photo of me that looks like I'm about to face death!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

It hit me when we received our first RSVP and then had 20 people confirm they had booked their flights to attend from South Africa, Prague, Argentina, Australia, Germany & New York. I thought Oh Sh6t! This is happening now!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

A couple of days ago it hit me and i actually felt a little sick not because i dont want to or for any other reason than i think i finally realised the enormity of everything we are doing, day to day i go about the planning and talk about it to everyone and im fine but every now and then i get this wave of OMG its real its not a dream, i can only associate this feeling with when you are having a baby and you get to the final few weeks and know whats coming, your happy and cant wait but have to get over the birth or for me the ceremony i am dreading standing in front of our nearest and dearest i am not the type of person who likes to be the centre of attention but know i have to stand in front of 120 people all looking at me, i have nightmares about fluffing my vows which mean so much to me, i want it all to be perfect no doubt it will all be fine and its just stress but i so wish we were going somewhere hot just us and our kids to do it on the quiet i would have loved that x

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content

It hasn't hit me yet, get married in 4 months today. sometimes i stop and think, this is huge! but then get lost in all the planning again!

x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

There were a couple of points. We had been engaged for two and a half years before we finally set a date and booked anything. I sort of went into shock a little bit after that and it took me a couple of weeks to 'come to terms' with it.

After that I think the biggest hit was on new years eve at midnight when D and I turned to each other and said at the same time 'omg we get married THIS YEAR!'. Since then its been speeding along really fast. I think the next time it will really hit me is when my dress comes in May.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if it's hit me yet. Every now and then I find myself getting caught up in planning, but then I always end up telling myself that in the end the wedding is really just a big party and what's going to change about our relationship? Not much, as we live together, pay the bills together, watch bad tv together, go on vacation together, etc, etc.

Even before we got engaged it would sometimes hit me just how lucky I was to have found my guy- how many decisions in my life led me to meeting him randomly in a starbucks. What if I hadn't gone shopping on oxford street that day? What if I'd forgotten my starbucks card and gone to nero or costa instead? Heck, what if I'd decided to do my masters in Canada? We never would have even met! I think those are the bigger epiphany moments for me. When I think about how important he is in my life and how easily we could have just passed each other by without even having met.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it has hit me just yet. We ordered our rings the other day but because we have to wait fot them it just felt like we was handing money over for something we haven't got. It did kind of make me feel like oh this is really happening now but i still feel like we have a long way to go yet. I have been the one doing all the planning too so i don't even think it has hit home with OH either yet.

I think it will hit me the day before when we have to do all last bits of running around and setting stuff up then saying goodbye to OH till the next day.

Also i keep worrying about ordering stuff and getting stuff made and family keep saying you have ages to go yet. So that sets me back a bit too.

Can't wait to see how i feel when the moment of wait comes when i am onmmy own with my dad in the house waiting for the car to come get us as my sister said that was the moment when it all hit home to her!

• Tracy2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Tracy2012 ·
    • Hide content

We've got just over 4 months to go and it hasn't hit me yet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics