Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiny-Tiggs
Beginner April 2012

When did you last get ID'd for proof of age?

Tiny-Tiggs, 19 September, 2012 at 20:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 49

I am delighted, I just got asked for proof of age to buy a bottle of fruity cider in a local supermarket. At the grand old age of 29 ?

49 replies

Latest activity by cookiekat, 20 September, 2012 at 21:37
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Last week in Morrisons on my lunch break, I am 28!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

3 days ago, also 29. I get asked about 60% of the time I reckon. I do buy a lot of wine though.

• H
    Beginner October 2010
    hehethatsfunny ·
    • Hide content

Last week in co op, I get it so often. I went out in town one nights and forgot my Id, I wasn't allowed in a single bar Smiley sad I was gutted, I'm 25 and dont think I look particularly young. Boo!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*Coughalchiecough* ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have no defence.

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

About 28 years ago I got asked for proof that I was UNDER 16 ?

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

This morning in tesco, it makes me giggle when the person asking for your id then has to get someone older to authorise the sale!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

When i was on holiday in the canary's i got ID'd buying cigarettes (not sure if the legal age is 18 0r 16) but at 30 i don't mind either.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Haha It's only good when you have it with you obviously...or else its really pants cos you don't get served...but still cheers me right up!!

Worst one was about 2 years ago just before xmas, was ID'd buying cigarettes and it was one of my best mates mum's that ID'd me!! All the times I was in her house and she didn't remember I was the age of her eldest daughter!

Had to walk home and get my purse that time and then go back.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

About 6 weeks ago, twice in two nights. First time I think it's cos the guy I was with was 22, boo. Second time, I was asked cos the dude I was with was 19, he was asked too but didn't have ID (It was me with the shopping basket and me paying on my card!) and so they wouldn't sell us any jagermeister! I got quite angry and may have dropped a C-bomb. Stomped outside and got another friend to go back in and buy it.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I'm 22 so still dot mind the whole think 25 thing for alcohol.

I do however, mind being ID'd for a lottery ticket. Every single time. And they're never for me, they're always for my brother or mum!

• Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hate when they do that! If I'm paying then it should only be me who shows ID! If a mother is with her children and she buys a bottle of wine, they don't ask the kids for ID!

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I don't really get ID'd any more, I must look my age [:'(]

Although, I did get ID'd buying cigarettes when I was at Leeds festival the other week. I got quite excited and was actually very flattered, especially since I was feeling a bit like a Grandma amongst all the 18 year olds!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Daily. I but alcohol most days and I am alwways asked. Even with the kids there (SD is 10) On my hen do I was the only one asked for ID on our way into each bar and club.

I was asked for ID buying scissiors a while back too, you have to be 16 to buy those....

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

About 2 weeks ago buying some wine. I'm 34. Checkout lady made my day!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Honestly can't remember. I'm 28, but I certainly haven't been asked in the last 5 years. I don't smoke and don't sunbathe, so surely I can't be that prematurely aged?!?

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I've not been asked for ages. I'm 23 and have been told I look younger so I think people are just lazy about it round here.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Last saturday after my works do when we arrived at the local bars function room...i was buying a J20, clearly pregnant and clearly married...yet got ID'd..?

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got ID'd for a straw once. I was driving and had a lemonade but my friend had a Malibu and coke. When my friend asked for a straw they asked me for ID in case we were going to share her drink. Bizarre.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Within the last month I've been asked 3 times.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

About 6 months ago for alcohol. I'm 35 ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Twice in the last month. I don't tend to buy a lot of booze and I don't smoke anymore. I'm 28 by the way. It does amuse me endlessly when I've got all 4 kids with me, am doing a massively monthly shop including a bottle of plonk or some beers for H, and THEN I get ID'd! Just how young do they think I started off having kids if I'm underage now? ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

So... either we all look like fresh faced teenagers or supermarket staff have had the fear of God put into them...

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

what the?!?! ?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I got asked last week in Morrisons. think they are on a crack down at the moment as the girls behind me got asked as well and my mate got asked there recently too.

i know their limit is 25 now but i definatly dont look under that!

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I got at ID'd at V festival the other week by a girl who was probably only 18 herself.

I always carry mine with me incase I get asked. I was chuffed and and said "I'm 27 in a week and I'm married!"

She looked like she was thinking "yeah so....?" Ha!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It must be the former..surely

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I don't buy much alcohol but when I do I would say I get ID'd 95% of the time, in fact I don't buy any if I know I haven't got my ID on me. I know I don't look my age (25) so I don't mind.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Within the last couple of months. I got asked buying a pack of mini screwdrivers from Poundland a while ago!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I'm 25 and I can't remember the last time I got ID'ed, although I rarely buy alcohol from the supermarket. I always looked young for my age so I must finally look my age!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

In Asda a couple of weeks ago by a really inappropriate old woman who was trying to convince me that young ladies who get dressed up to look older than they are are asking to be raped!! ? I would've been chuffed at being asked for ID if she wasn't such a twunt!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics