Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Savvy September 2023 Durham

When to buy wedding dress

Rebecca, 10 of November of 2021 at 12:31 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 12
Hi we are getting married in sept 2023 am wondering when is best to buy your wedding dress. Am wanting to get it from wed2b so I know it’s off the peg but just wondering if it’s best to get it asap due to find someone to alter it at a later date etc

12 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 11 of November of 2021 at 11:55
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine about 10 months in advance and am waiting till the new year to get it altered (between a month and 2 months before the wedding) it feels like I've had it forever just waiting! I suppose there is no harm looking early but take into consideration whether or not ur a person who changes their mind much. A lot of bridal shops I think suggest 12 months before. Also tr on plenty of styles as a lot of people seem surprised by what they end up going for. Hope that helps.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I get married in 2023 in july did get my dress but now on hunt for another i think its upto you some brides get it really early some dont im only getting another due to my dress ripping x💗
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am going to have a look at the weekend and see what styles I like as I have seen a few online I really like the look of and part of me is worried if I go next year the ones I have seen won’t be there. Omg how has it been ripped? X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi ripped in my wardrobe doors x Totally agree see what styles you like i seen loads online got my dress from hebeos was what i wanted now im looking at different styles because i dont want to get somethin that i already had if you get what i mean do you have a style you like x💗
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww that’s awful! I feel gutted for you. Yeah I know what you mean in away it will be nice that you can go and try on loads of pretty dresses again. I am leaning towards fitted/mermaid style but I think I will try other styles just incase x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    When to buy wedding dress 1
    This was my dress going for different style now x💗 enjoy the dress shopping x💗
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is beautiful as well! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou time to do some dress shopping x💗
  • Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    I get married June 2023 and i am going to get my dress 12months before. Some brides like to buy early, i suppose its personal choice. X
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

I get married August 2023 and I 'just went to look' back in August and ended up buying my dress! It was from a local company (after trying Wed2Be and not finding anything) and they are also off the peg.

I don't regret it for one second I love my dress and can't stop looking at my try on photos! Can't wait to go back and show my bridesmaids, but most importantly can't wait to wear it for our big day!

S x

• R
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the reply’s. I think I will go at the weekend and see what happens 😊 xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hope it goes well with the looking x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics