Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2011

Where are you going on Honeymoon?

Hayse-08/10/11, 13 February, 2011 at 10:14 Posted on Planning 0 66

We're currently trying to decide where to go where to go on our Honeymoon and need a bit of inspiration. We like the idea of going to South Africa- Cape Town for a few days and Safari for a few days- followed by a week Mauritius however, this is working out at way over our budget.

So, where are you going on your honeymoon? And, why did you choose that place?

x

66 replies

Latest activity by Jenny1979x, 14 April, 2011 at 16:14
  • KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Sunny Leicester - for one night only!

We will go abroad with the kids later in the year, but a honeymoon immediately really isnt that important to us.

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet but were considering Reykjavic as a mini moon for 5 nights, and then going somewhere warmer in the summer with our son. It's somewhere we've always liked the look of, and I think the Northern lights would be amazing. Hot springs, mud massages, the Ice hotel Oooh!

I couldn't leave my son for a fortnight, before we had him I'd always wanted to go to Fiji or Bora Bora for honeymoon.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Two weeks in a remote farmhouse in Wales. Perfect.

• MrsBarnett2b
    Beginner
    MrsBarnett2b ·
    • Hide content

We are hoping to have 2 ? Hopefully be taking our son and his son away for a week to spain or turkey or somewhere like that then come back and me and oh go off to mexico for a week by ourselves. This is working out alot cheaper than all 4 of us going to mexico for 2 weeks plus it will give us some nice time to ourselves. I just really hope we can afford it!

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    tinkissarah ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in August so we're going to have a few days away straight after the wedding, not sure where to yet though and then we're having our proper honeymoon at the end of the year and we're going to New York for christmas. That's the plan at least.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're going to the Canada to watch the Grand Prix and do a bit of sightseeing

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

Excellence Punta Cana Resort in Dom Republic for 2 weeks... ?

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Reykjavic sounds lovely and a bit different as well. Stupid question- what months of the year can you see the Northern lights?

Never considered Fiji or Bora Bora- off to research now.

Thanks for the response x

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Not too sure yet, as we're also buying our first house together before the wedding- so all depends on funds.

KristaltippsHall- i like your thinking- we're from Leicestershire too, so that may be all we're getting! haha

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Not a stupid question, and one I have been researching! It seems to be quite unpredictable but generally late Autumn and early spring form what I've read.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the responses. It seems quite popular to have more than one- great idea! Off to research some of these places. Think we like the idea of combining a bit of signt seeing with a bit of relaxation.

We've been to Mexico (playacar) and Dominican Republic (punta cana) and both were amazing, pure luxury.

Have a bit of a soft spot for Wales because that's where we got engaged. The scenery is breathtaking x

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

We're going to the Dominican Republic - just for a week. We wanted to do something special that would be different from a 'normal' holiday so we've gone for five star all inclusive - the compromise being that it's just for a week rather than two.

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

This is what I want!

/travel-deals/self-drive-tours/winter-romance-in-iceland/580/

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We are having a MiniMoon, most likley to Morroco for 3 days after the wedding and then a full on honeymoon in Jan/Feb time to Thailand or Mexico Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, that looks amazing, a really interesting tour and something completely different to what we've ever done. Hadn't considered anything cold! I'm definitely off to do research on this and consider it more.

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

Hoping to do a 7 night mediteranean cruise then fly back by Paris for a couple of nights on the way back ?x

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Since we're getting married in December, we're kinda limited to destinations (for a preferred sunny honeymoon) - (at least that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it) I'm hoping that we can stretch our budget to Australia. Why - for a while it was my 2nd home in a way, and sadly that was where my Dad died whilst on holiday a few years back. My H2B has never been and I can't wait to be able to show him around all my 'old haunts'.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

A cruise sounds like a good idea- see lots of places but also relax on board x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

We would like to go to Costa Rica but as we're getting married in May it's not the right time to go so we are hoping to have a 4 night break somewhere cheap & sunny like spain and then go to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in Jan/Feb Smiley smile

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to New York for our honeymoon. I've always wanted to go and H2B planned it all for me ?

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

Cuba for two weeks Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

We are having a Minimoon in Rome 2 days after the wedding (our favourite city and our first holiday together) but are also finding it to be a lot more pricey than we expected for 3 nights! Our baby is coming with us too as my OH works abroad and come the wedding will not have seen us for 2 months! When we come home we have 2 days before we all move to Dubai with him! A 2 year honeymoon I suppose (just he'll have to work).

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

We're off to Mexico for 11 nights ?

• S
    Beginner March 2011
    Swandive ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Thailand in Aug, I'm a teacher and that's when I have off.

Our wedding is in the US because that's where I am from so I'm already taking time off just to go to the wedding, I can't do any more for a HM right after the wedding.

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

Maui (Hawaii) for two and a half weeks and then two nights in San Fran on the way home. Can't wait!

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Bangkok for 3 nights and Koh Saumi for 10 nights! Cant wait......

• J
    Beginner June 2011
    jen_hhl ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Kenya for 2 weeks and will spend 3 nights/4 days on safari. Cant wait!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

We are off to Turkey- their leading hotel- for a week. We are TTC too so didnt want to put ourselves under too much financial commitment with it incase we are lucky!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Marrakech for 5 nights. Staying here: http://www.riadcherrata.com/index-ang.html ?

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

As we're getting married at the end of September and because of OH's job (not being able to take leave during standard holiday season) we're going straight after the wedding. We wanted to find some with some guaranteed sunshine. We're huge fans of south east Asia, but didn't want to run the gauntlet of monsoon season, likewise, hurricane season in the Carribean, so we're off to Dubai. We're also on a budget as I may be made redundant so Dubai seemed to offer the best combination of (some) access culture (bring on the camel rides and Bedouin tents!), guaranteed sunshine and value for money in terms of decent hotels.

Can't wait!

• N
    Beginner November 2011
    November 2011 bride ·
    • Hide content

We are doing a 7night Safari in Masai Mara followed by 10nights in Mombasa ?

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, were off to spend 2 whole weeks on the carribean island of st lucia, as were getting married in december we wanted to go somwhere where the weather was guarneteed to be hot. cant wait so excited!!

karina xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics