Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2012

Where did you get your palladium rings from & price?

Mets, 12 of June of 2012 at 17:38 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hey Hitchers!

We have a budget of £800 to get our wedding rings. My engagement ring is a platinum diamond ring & it doesn't look right with a plain band so we're going to have to get a half diamond eternity. Platinum rings are a fortune so we're thinking of palladium. Hubby to be also thinking of Palladium just a plain band prob 5/6mm.

Can anyone advise how much they spent on their palladium wedding rings & whre you purchased from?

Thanks!

23 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 12 of January of 2013 at 07:14
  • schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

I didn't get palladium so can't help there, but I do highly recommend shopping around for prices. I found high street to be around twice the price of independent places.

Where abouts in the country are you? It might be worth a trip to Hatton Garden (London) or Jewellery Quarter (B'ham).

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content

Hey schiocco, thanks! We are planning on going to Hatton Gds as that's where hubby got the engagement ring from but it would be good to get some real-life prices. I've looked online at high street jewellers & also others & any recommendations would be welcomed Smiley smile

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I got my palladium engagement and wedding rings from a local independent jeweller who is very nice and a fairly reasonable price.

My engagement ring cost £350, but used diamonds and sapphires we already had from my original engagement ring. My wedding ring cost £200 and is a plain palladium D-court. £550 for both of mine. D's is a titanium ring and cost £60.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to say we got a quote for a palladium ring for D, 5mm court ring in size U from a 'chain' similar to smooch and were quoted £400 for his alone. I think if we'd gone to the local jewellers we could have got the price down a little bit.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Let's see your engagement ring?

Can't recommend Marlows enough, cheapest around I've seen and the service is amazing.

http://www.marlowsdiamonds.com/wedding-rings/diamond-rings/full-round-brilliant-cut-diamond-set-wedding-band-wg12.html

Don't think they do palliduim though. Your husbands would be cheap from here though.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

We went to Jade in hatton gardens. We paid about £900 for my platinum ring with diamonds and H's palladium ring.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I think our palladium rings were 400 from the jewellery quarter in brum. Mine has diamonds half way round, mr IB's is plain band.

• G
    Beginner November 2011
    GemGem81 ·
    • Hide content

Ours were from Newey's in the Jewellry Quarter, the were a very good price even compared to some other shops in the area. £520 total for both, a 6mm heavy court for Husband and 3mm with 5 small diamonds set in for me.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a 3mm plain palladium band and was £100.

H's is a 5mm or 6mm (can't remember which) palladium band with two grooves and his was £400.

We got ours from an independent jeweller in Leeds.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Mine was a plain platinum band (to match my ER) and his was a bevelled palladium ring, we got them last week from Channings in Hatton Garden for £650 for both.

You've got to bear in mind that the price of metal is constantly changing (normally going up) so the price that someone paid for the exact same ring 6 months ago could be cheaper than you'll be able to get it now.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

Agree re the price of metals -- however, I think for £800 you could get a platinum pave diamond band, plus your OH's band in palladium/titanium/or tungsten carbide. Honestly, IMO unless you're really good and brazen about negotiating, you can get better deals on the internet than in HG.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Mine is palladium 3mm medium weight court and was £137 Oh had silver 7mm court and was £48

We had from the ring lab and they were fab!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

We got our from Ernest Jones: OH /webstore/d/****/palladium+950+6mm+matt+%26+polished+ring/ £399 and mine was £299 for the girls version.

• before40
    Beginner October 2012
    before40 ·
    • Hide content

Went shopping with one of best friends to get her now hubby's palladium ring in Hatton Garden only last month and she paid £330 for a 5mm one similar, if not identical, to the Ernest Jones one above. Has to be said was not a lot of haggling going on! This was from a stand within the Heart of HG showrooms but not sure of the name.

My engagement ring (only 5 days old Smiley smile !!!) came from another HG area showrooms and their service was fab - I notice they also do wedding rings. http://www.purelydiamonds.co.uk/wedding-rings/mens-plain-bands/palladium-mens-plain-bands.html

HTH!

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

My friends got theirs from www.dotjewellrey.com and only spent about £700 on two rings. They look fab too.

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

Let's see your engagement ring?

Can't recommend Marlows enough, cheapest around I've seen and the service is amazing.

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I've added these guys to our list when we goto HG.

Any chance you can flash your engagement ring so I can see what style it is? That's a good price for both.

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a really good price. How long ago did you buy & what size (mm) is your OH's?

Any chance of a flash of your ring also???

Thanks!

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your responses, really helpful!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I would defiantely have a look at Jewellry Quarter in Birmingham, I got my platinum 2.5mm band for under £250 so you would definately be able to get your in platinum and still have money spare for OH's paladium ring.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours ages ago, think it was early 2010? - when hallmarking was still optional for palladium anyway. They were £220 something total from Newey's in the JQ. They are both plain palladium flat court bands, 3mm and 5mm I think. We've since had them engraved this year. Can't reccommend Newey's enough, when we came to get them engraved we realised there was a problem with mine (it had a double hallmark) so called Neweys and they advised to send it back and they would remove the second hallmark so popped it in the post and it was back with me within the week and they even popped £10 in to cover the cost of the recorded delivery. I could've had a completely new ring for free if I'd wanted to, but I opted not to as it wouldn't be the one that I'd chosen and also there was a bit of a wait for it.

• U
    Beginner June 2013
    uksammy ·
    • Hide content

Hi this is my first post!

I have decided palladium is the way to go, as it's cheaper than platinum to sit nicely next to my platinum e ring.

Has anyone bought one from ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350364348917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280953515194?var=580131133696&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or are they too good to be true?

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We've gone to a local jeweller. Our rings are being made from a signet ring that was my Dad's (he passed away when I was younger) so that obviously brings the cost down. I'm having a slightly shaped ring to fit round my engagement ring (avatar pic) and OH is having a plain band, it's going to be no more than £150 for both. The only thing we didn't ask about which I think we might now given the very reasonable price is engraving.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics