Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chidders
Beginner June 2012

Where did you meet your OH?

Chidders, 27 of April of 2011 at 15:07 Posted on Planning 0 75

Just off the back of your first words thread, I am intrigued as to where/how you met your OH.......

We met at work, worked at the same place for 6 months (not same dept though) and eventually got chatting on someone's leaving do.

75 replies

Latest activity by yummymummy81_123, 29 of April of 2011 at 10:55
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Also at school. But not in the same way as Trickers!

• MrsCoco
    MrsCoco ·
    • Hide content

On Match.com almost 5 years ago, been married for 7 1/2 months now xx

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Through mutual friends - he always had a bit of a 'notion' for me but i'd just come out of a 3yr relationship that summer so we got together the next November.

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

At college/getting on the same bus going to college/in the same art class at college/also on nights out with college friends!! xxx

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Initially through a forum not dissimilar to this one, then on a night out in Nottingham arranged through all the people on the forum. Then just stayed in touch as friends for about 4 years before getting together.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

We met on Dating Direct.

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content

Xbox live. ?

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

We met volunteering for a charity that run week long american style activity camps for children with serious illnesses. It was my first camp (at Easter) but my OH had been volunteering at the camps for 6 years.

I didn't get to know him too much over that week as he left the week early to go a do a ultra marathon to raise money for them. We got chatting on facebook in the months afterwards and had our first date the night before the summer camp we were both going to. It's now three years later exactly (this years Easter camp has just finished).

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

We met at the NEC in Birmingham, I was a rep going into a trade show and he was head of security and wouldnt let me into the trade stand area without giving him my mobile number first.

After a few months of meeting up and talking every day, he came down to see me over a weekend, I took very suddenly ill, he saved my life and he never went back to Birmingham... nearly 6 years later we are planning our wedding Smiley smile

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

We met at a job interview. Luckily we both got the job :-)

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I met my OH at College. I was the only girl in a class of about 40. We were friends for about 3 years through College and Uni, at the end of 3rd year at Uni, my OH was planning on leaving, and i was going to stay on and do my honours. So it would be the last time he would get to see me in a social setting. We all went out after our last exam on the 23rd of May 2007, and in the small hours of the 24th we had our first kiss (awww) He then phoned me the next day to ask me out properly and i was a bit hesitant at first (even though i really liked him) He came over to see me a couple of days later and ended up meeting almost all my family! scary! 5 and a half months later, he proposed and the rest as they say, is history!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this one!! ? Which game were you playing?? xx

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gears of War!

It's a bit nerdy, I know.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Mutual friend's birthday party. She's now our Maid of Honour Smiley laugh He almost didn't go as he hates parties but he's pleased he did now! We were 17 and drunk as anything... how unromantic! Our first date was in a public library so we could revise for our A-levels! He didn't get much work done... I did, wasn't going to let some man stand in the way of my education ?

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

He was a friend of my ex. Thought he was yummy but didn't make a move til i'd opened my eyes and left my ex. He then sent me a very rude joke text?. Luckily i'm not the prudish type. 11 years later and still going strong

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Hellooo we met on a flight to Australia, both were going travelling on our own and met on the plane and then travelled together - that was 5 years ago!

• snail_87
    Beginner May 2011
    snail_87 ·
    • Hide content

We met at a nightclub called Zanzibar in Leicester! Got each other's numbers and went our separate ways- then after texting for a couple of months we met up and the rest is history ?

We are going to the real island of Zanzibar for our honeymoon- we always joked about it but now it's actually happening! ?

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

I'm another match.com bride Smiley smile

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

At work. First sighting in the Finance department...

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's brilliant!

Classy places them Zanzibars ?

Met OH in our local post office on and off for ages, then 're met' via match.com

• Z
    Beginner August 2011
    Zobo:) ·
    • Hide content

I was going on a double date, dragged along by a friend. Our date's accidently went to the wrong bowling alley so ended up being 2 hours late. In that time my h2b had came over bought us a drink and left me his number, before going back to join his friends who were watching the 2006 world cup final. We then spent the rest of the night glancing over at each other, needless to say the date I had been waiting for had no chance after I had met my future husband lol!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

He used to be mates with my ex...

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Well I don't think we'll win any classiest couple competitions, but here goes;

We met in a pub. I was with my ex at the time, and he introduced us. Me and the ex broke up. As the saying goes 'to get over a man get under another' ?

I think it took about 6 months of 'having fun' to realise it was more than that. 4 and a half years later and here we are planning the big day!

xxx

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

On Zoosk on FB.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

We met online. Not on a dating site though as we were both in relationships already. We met in a regional chat room. I was a stay-at-home Mum with my little boy and he was working away loads.. he used to chat in there to keep boredom at bay in the evenings in his hotel room and I used to go into the chat room to keep myself from going insane as I had no friends (long story).

We both had partners who didn't live with us and weren't anything serious. We started as friends, emailing every now and then.. and then we met at a chat-room meet. I think I really fell for him on that fateful night, I had already split up with my boyfriend but he was still spoken for but he soon split with her and confessed that he really liked me. We spent a year doing the whole long-distance relationship thing until we moved in with one another.. then we got engaged 6 months later.. 9 months after that we had our little girl.. and now, 2 years after that.. we are mere months away from our wedding!

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We met on Facebook too.....on social me!! YAY to social networking Smiley smile

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Another Zoosk bride here, he wink at me....then we talked on facebook and text for a few weeks, then met on a kinda blind date, and been together for 3 1/2 years now.

Sarah

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

At work. He joined my team in the call centre we worked for (I still do, he doesn't) and I wasn't a manager then - how inappropriate would that have been! I was with someone at the time, we broke up and a few weeks later I saw him on a night out, one thing led to another....6 years later here we are!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

We met in a bar. I was in a really good mood because my boyfriend had recently dumped me and I went out with some friends,was looking amazing and getting lots of attention when I saw my ex was there too! Seemed too good to be true, especially when a very very good-looking man (OH) started chatting me up. OH and i spent the whole night dancing and talking and swapped numbers at the end of the night. Meanwhile, my ex had to go home after one of my friends drunkenly threw up on him! I love that story.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

At work. We were friends for a couple of years before we finally got together. x

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to know that place well lol

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I used to go see his band play all the time at my local. Always had a bit of a thing for him but was too terrified to talk to him. A few years later, I was leaving a message for my brother on MySpace and saw a familiar face in his friends list. I sent said face a bold message asking how he knew my bro and had we met because he looked so familiar, but I couldn't place him. We got chatting (still on MySpace!) and it turned out that one of his former band mates was now my brother's flatmate. I was mortified when I realised he was the same guy I'd fancied so much as a 17 year old! We ended up on a night out for said bandmate/flatmate's birthday and have been inseparable ever since!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics