Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Where to buy personalised dressing gowsn/t-shirts etc.?

Purple Pixie, 5 of April of 2012 at 08:58 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'd love to get some dressing gowns or tops for me and the girls to wear whilst we're getting ready but I'm struggling to find any. All the places I've looked have only gone up to a size 18 (maximum) and both mums and two of my bridesmaids need bigger than that.

I had thought about buying the clothing separately and then getting them personalised but I can't find a good place that will let you do that.

My mum has found some slippers that can be personalised which would fit everybody so that is a back up option.

Thanks, PP x

5 replies

Latest activity by bethbailey2b, 25 of April of 2012 at 08:48
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Depending on what sizes you need I got my mum one off ebay and got an L/XL which was an 18, it was fairly roomy. You could always message some of those ebay sellers on the off chance? The item number was **** and the seller was very nice and helpful.

I just did a quick ebay search and there are some which go up to larger sizes (I tried size 20 as an example search but there are some which go up to 30) and can be personalised.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-white-dressing-gown-bathrobe-size-10-20-/230621485690?pt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&var=&hash=item7b68154c22

If that one hadn't have fit my mum I was going to have to buy a plus size robe somewhere and then do an iron on transfer or fabric pens myself.

I did a quick google search for 'personalised plus size' and up popped zazzle, vistaprint and this place:

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/make/custom-maternity-plus-sizes

I have used zazzle myself and it was very good quality, vistaprint likewise.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Try Pure Treats

http://www.pure-treats.com/. She used to be a hib and her stuff is fab.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I usually just buy plain t-shirts from Asda or Sainsburys and buy the diamonte names / letters etc from Ebay and iron them on myself. Usually works out about £3 per item.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MissHeather ·
    • Hide content

Mrs Smith Designs is advertising in the Bristol area as doing personalised clothing, but are web based so would supply anyone I guess, and their tshirts go up to a size 22. Pleased i found them as that was an issue I was finding with a lot of suppliers and wanted it done professionally.

Quite an interesting idea too that they add images with the text or instead of your text to match your wedding theme. My wedding theme is butterflies so I'm adding a butterfly to my Bride tshirt.

Hope this helps someone,

Hx

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH has used CafePress before and we weren't very impressed, he bought a printed t-shirt and the print had moved during the process and ended up looking 3D! When we spoke to them about it their customer service wasn't very good.

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    bethbailey2b ·
    • Hide content

I did a primark jobby on the t-shirts then bought the iron on transfers from bitofbling on ebay, they are lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics