Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Deena
Beginner March 2023 Kent

Where to start?

Deena, 25 of October of 2021 at 20:40 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 10
Hello! I’m recently engaged and wanting to marry before July 2023.

I’m looking forward to planning but, I’ve never even been to a wedding.
I’ve been looking at venues but want a gothic/til death do us part theme, but have no idea where to start with this! Any help is much appreciated.

10 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 11 of November of 2021 at 20:58
  • Deena
    Beginner March 2023 Kent
    Deena ·
    • Hide content
    I put this in the wrong forum and don’t know how to change it, sorry!
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    Hi there! Congratulations on your engagement! The venue is a great place to start as it influences so many other things. I'd also recommend you do a very tough guest list fairly early on so you at least have some idea of the sorts of numbers you are looking at and whether that works for the size of venue.
    There is loads of information online about wedding planning, but it is easy to get a bit lost in it all and quite a lot is conflicting. If you have some pennies spare to buy a book (or perhaps a friend or family member wants to get you an engagement present?), I absolutely love the Debretts Wedding Handbook - it has everything about planning, organisation, wording of invitations etc, examples of orders of the day, jobs lists for members of the bridal party, tips about picking your dress and getting ready, who should stand where and sit where.
    It's your wedding so nothing you read or research whether in that book or otherwise needs to be followed to the letter, but I found it a really clear and comprehensive starting point.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations x💗Where to start? 1

Where to start? 2

Where to start? 3
    Some ideas for your theme x 💗
  • N
    Savvy June 2023 North Yorkshire
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! In addition to the above, I would say download Etsy and Pinterest, they will be your new best friends!
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Look everywhere and anywhere for inspiration! There's so many non-traditional ideas out there, it's just finding the ones you love x
  • S
    Beginner June 2023 Devon
    Sonia ·
    • Hide content
    I'm starting with venue ideas and rough numbers. I've bought a wedding planning book and I'm going to cross off the irrelevant stuff and really focus on the things we want.
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Ditto Pinterest and Etsy 😊 Perhaps look for gothic style venues? I'm not sure if that's much of a thing or not, probably depends on your area.
  • Karen
    Beginner July 2022 Bristol
    Karen ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    Depends where you live but in Bristol you can get married in a grave yard
    The hitched app will help you with the list of what you may want for your weddingBut you dont need to do everything on the list as it depends on your budget, i think once the venue is sorted everything else falls.into place
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

The first thing my fiancé and I did was write a rough guest list and look at venues. My mum also bought me wedding planner which has lots of useful prompts for the sorts of things you need to think about at the beginning and in the long run. There are also loads of great articles of this site and, like others have said, Pinterest is a great resource too (particularly for getting ideas on your theme).

• Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Rock My Wedding: Your Day Your Way https://g.co/kgs/kwK9DZ is pretty useful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics