Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2023 Cambridgeshire

White floral dress to a wedding

Chloe, 21 of May of 2022 at 21:17 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4
Help please !!! My future mother in law is planning on wearing the below dress to our wedding next summer and half of me is livid and the other half keeps thinking ‘oh it’s okay she’s clearly not trying to upstage the bride’

Am I being unreasonable for being upset or annoyed ? We have a fairly good relationship and I wouldn’t say we don’t get on and she didn’t present the dress in a menacing manner
TIAWhite floral dress to a wedding 1

4 replies

Latest activity by Luckas, 12 of November of 2023 at 17:00
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    This issue comes up quite a lot, mother in laws choosing dresses that are cream, white or silver! It’s been posted on the forum quite a bit. For me personally this dress is ok and I wouldn’t be angry as it’s clearly heavily patterned and not in the slightest bridal. If it’s really upsetting you then you could ask your FH to have a word with his mum and ask if perhaps an alternative dress can be found. Good luck
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Why does this happen but i wouldnt worry to much the dress isent that bad and with black accessories ut will be fine xx💗 And she definately wont stand out more than the bride x💗
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Personally I wouldn't mind it as it does have the colour pattern all over, but if it really bothers you then maybe say to her that you feel it is a bit too close to a bridal colours and you wouldn't want her to blend in too much. Maybe see if you can find something similar in a colour that suits her or is similar to your bridal colours. As you say you have an ok relationship she hopefully will take it in the chin and possibly doesn't realise it is a bit too close for comfort. Good luck
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's absolutely fine. No one is going to mistake her for the bride, and it's not going to draw attention away from you at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics