Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Why are men rubbish? Stag do issues.

*Mini*, 8 July, 2011 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 0 26

Am helping MrMini organise his stag do- his BM has done nothing at all except threaten to take him to an Eastern bloc country and shave his head. MrMini doesnt drink and wanted to do some thing "blokey" like quad biking or snowboarding etc but his "mates" dismissed this as "too boring" - they are all big drinkers.

I have said that if his head gets shaved, there will be no wedding and the best man can pay to have it re-scheduled. Think hes a litle bit scared.

Feel so sorry for MrMini I shouldnt have to help him organise his own stag do. Men are cra*p

26 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 10 July, 2011 at 20:40
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

They really are... Mr C is out stag planning this evening. Not sure much will get organised after the drinking starts!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Though am activly encouraging them visiting a "gentlemens club"

I do hope no one gets a slap in the face with a ***.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

My OH is lucky there I think as his BM is doing a lot off the planning. Though he has made it clear, anyone who causes him to have no eyebrows is uninvited to the wedding haha. And I'm lucky coz whilst the BM is a good friend of mine, I am also a little scary apparently, which means I've given him some ground rules (ie no leaving the country!) and I'm sure he will stick to them bless him:-)

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Haha vintagemini that tickled me!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Mine has not really taken that much interest in one..he is having 2 best men and one was going on about Prague which he laughed at and said no. I think he will end up going for last minute drinks and no doubt a strip club..but i am not even that sure he will get it together to do that.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh dear, lets not go there again... haha

Groupon have some good offers for activities like quad biking etc so if he does decide to do that I'd have a check on there.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

My OH's idea of a fun night out for a stag do is tenpin bowling followed by a curry. Not all stag dos have to involve beer, ladies getting their kit off or homoerotic male bonding.

If your OH wants to go quad biking tell him he needs to be assertive with his BM - or speak to the BM yourself.

(and men are rubbish because they are not women - I'm almost jealous of lesbians sometimes!)

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is on his stag do this weekend and I must say that I am a bit surprised at how well his best man (brother) has organised it. He's not renowned for his organisational skills and can generally be quite unreliable, but OH said he wanted to go surfing so his brother set up a special Facebook page and has organised the lessons, B&B etc. for eleven blokes. He even hired a car and drove from Southampton to Surrey on Wednesday night then all the way from Surrey to Cornwall on Thursday morning.

Although saying this, I don't know what state he'll be in when he gets home on Sunday. So far all I've heard from them was a short conversation to say they'd arrived safely and a picture message from my brother last night of OH dressed up in a sailor suit!

?

• kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

I agree. My OH is away in Spain for the bull running this weekend for his stag (his idea...) but he basically thought of the plan, found the flights/hotels/transport and told everyone what they needed to do - not sure what his two BM did. One did find a cheap balcony deal to watch the running from (as opposed to actually running with the bulls which I was very worried about) but only after my OH had found the idea and a more expensive version. My OH was even having to tell his brother how to check in online when he seemed incapable of reading the e-mail from the airline and doing it himself (this is a 39 year old man who has travelled to places like India so you' have thought Spain wouldn't be too much of a problem). I had to bite my tongue lots during the planning to let the boys do whatever they would do (even if this was nothing) but did make it clear my BM's had done an amazing job of organising my hen do with no involvement from me and loads of little details that made it an amazing day.

Think boys just do everything differently and don't expect to be organised in quite the same way girls do - everyone still seems to have a good time though

• Duckford20
    Beginner April 2012
    Duckford20 ·
    • Hide content

I dont understand why stags have to include lots of drinkinh either! My OH would love quad biking followed by a curry and then a night on the town. But it seems that everyone has to go abroad these days! He went on a stag weekend abroad a few months ago and it cost over £400 in total!

His BM/ushers keep telling him where they want to go, so he thinks he will have to go along with it, despite me telling him that his ushers/BM can go wherever they want when THEY get married!

MEN!

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

I have to agree my OH Best man said he couldnt be bothered to organise it as he dosent really drink, so my brother has organised it all to newcast;e.. and im nore annoyed because they went yesterday and my OH best man is apparantly very drunk, just annoys me because he said he couldnt be bothered to organise it so my poor brother had to sort it all, collect all the money book things etc.. anyway im dreading seeing the OH today and one of the lads text his partner last night and said some things i reall didnt want to hear Smiley sad

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

My OH was on his stag do last night and he isn't a big drinker either. (We know from experience that 4 pints is his max before it all starts coming back again!) He organised go karting, chinese and a trip to the dogs and when asked if he was going out after he said 'No I don't want them to get me that bladdered' to which I replied 'Good cos if you are gonna throw up all over the bathroom floor again you can go to your mothers and do it!' So I get a message at 22:40 saying that the dogs have finished and he is popping into town with 3 of the lads and won't be late.........2:30 I am trying to find out if he is ok! He finally got in at 3:10 with no top on and passed out on the bed. The only movement I have heard so far this morning is quick paces to the bathroom and back. I hope he is suffering and just to make it a little bit worse for him I am gonna stick the hoover on in a min! I know I shouldn't be annoyed with him as it was his stag do but I am disappointed that he was easily led by louder members of the group and now I am stuck trying to explain to my 2 year old that Dan can't come and play with him cos he isn't well.....he should have gone home and got his mum to tip toe around him for the day! lol

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

This is why I'm glad my OH went away for the weekend - he hardly ever drinks, but when he does, he usually overdoes it and ends up being sick. I'll let someone else deal with that! Although I did warn him not to overdo it because he's got to travel all the way from Cornwall back to Surrey today! I wouldn't want to be doing that with a hangover and puking all the way home...

?

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

haha thats same as my OH their on way back from newcaslte and from what i can make out on facebook there all suffering not well, ha serves them right Smiley tongue

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Every time I read these sort of stories it makes me grateful I chose not to bother having one.

It's not a 'men are rubbish' issue at all, we just do things differently, and if you ladies don't understand that yet then you are in for a very interesting few years ahead whilst you adjust.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OOOOH spikey AJ is out this morning.

Yes men on the whole do do things diffirently- in my 28 years I have managed to work that one out.

Perhaps I should have phrased it "the man who is my OH BM is rubbish?" would you have found that less of an attack on your gender?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure if I'd made some sexist remark against women there would have been uproar, but because it's 'only rubbish men' being attacked nothing happens.

We aren't all the same, just like you ladies aren't all the same. That's all really.

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

In fairness, my OH has fully admitted that he's rubbish (and that his BM is even more rubbish!) The stag do, the rings and the suits are the only thing that my OH has helped with in a whole 9 months of wedding planning! And he holds his hands up about that!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Jesus wept AJ- was just a joking comment!

I am secure enough as a woman to take any number of "woman cant drive/ moan all the time /always ask does my bum look big in this/ should be chained to the kitchen sink etc" jokes.

On a predominatly female forum I am afraid that the fairer sex may once in a while air thier gripes about the men folk in thier lives. I am sure if there was an equivilant male forum women would get a bashing too.

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As a female on a predominantly male football supporters forum I can concur with this - can't remember how many times it's be suggested I get back to the kitchen, or heard tosh about women not knowing anything about football, let alone why they should have jobs in football - I would be a millionaire. But if you put yourself in that position, a thick skin is most definitely required.

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

I have one very hungover OH lol.. he rang me before and was like 'can you come and get me from the pub i cant walk...' haha so i pulled up and the all look verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry rough haha!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Mr Viking doesn't drink either and his cousin, who is the BM, promised him it won't be a boozy Stag Do. However, despite saying they'll do it in summer for better weather (they wanted to go paintballing, tank driving or something suitably "manly" LOL as they've both been in RAF) nothing got organised yet. The other day i got a text from his sister, who is one of my three BMs, saying she is now organising it because their cousin, the BM is...skint! Annoys me to death. he's known for a year that he would be Best Man!!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

My OH is taking great pride at being rubbish in planning this wedding. That way he has an excuse to leave it all to me..even the tiny tiny bits that he is meant to be doing do not get completed unless i go on and on and on or do something to help.

As for his stag i don't care if he has one or not so will take no part in asking or helping organising so unless his best men get it done he won't have one.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Mr S had to plan his own stag as his BM (also his brother) was completely useless. I guess this is just because he's a bloke (kidding, AJ).

They do adult laser quest near me in a huge field. Looks vay fun. There is also a spy experience you can do in London for the day. I do feel for Mr Mini though, can't be fun having a crap BM.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I want MrMini to sack him and use another much better friend....MrMini is worried about upsetting him.

Its wubbish because MrMini has never been able to do the whole "night out" thing on account of having his small people so young so I just really wanted him to have a good weekend ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics