Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner March 2013

will my wedding be boring?

rosetoes, 5 of February of 2013 at 22:08 Posted on Planning 0 14

Not for me I mean but for my guests. My sister is making me worry that my wedding will be long&boring. The ceremony is at 1130, all in the same venue. Having a harpist for the ceremony&dribks reception&then no real plans until the dj arriving at 6. Just the usuals through the day speeches wedding breakfast etc.

14 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 9 of February of 2013 at 23:19
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to hitched.

Have you drawn out a timetable for your day? It might give you a better perspective as what is happening and when?

e.g this is mine

1:00 TOG arrives at venue for pre ceremony photos. + OH and I get ready.

3:00 Ceremony

3:15/3:30 Drinks Reception & Photos

5:00 Dinner

7:00 Eve Reception start

7:30 Sax Player & background music

8:15 Cake cutting

8:45-Canapes/Cheese/cake served

9:30 sax player second set.

11:30/12:00 Bedtime!

If you find you have some large gaps in the day where nothing is happening you might want to think about how people will be entertained.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry, you're not there to entertain your guests, but if you're really concerned there are several entertainment options like magicians, photobooths, yada yada.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I sometimes get paranoid about this- we're only having a small wedding (45 or so people) so I get in a bit of a flap from time to time about there not being the same atmosphere or 'buzz' than at a bigger wedding. Fortunately, we've only got a pokey venue so we'll definitely fill it to the brim! Our day is going to be pretty short too (2pm til midnight) so I'm having the opposite worry about being able to cram everything in!

It'll be great, don't worry. As long as the drinks are flowing and people are chatting, the time will fly!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

It will be fine, as long as you and your OH mingle and chat to everyone, and there is a bar. In fact apart from the one venue thing, it sounds like a traditional wedding. The idea of entertainment other than evening music is relatively new, and I've only been to one wedding with anything of the sort.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

No , weddings are a great chance to chat with folk you have not seen for a while / New people . Food and alcohol keeps most people happy . Don't worry .

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding recently where the ceremony was at 11:30 with no extra entertainment or anything and we were never bored. It was nice to have a whole day to relax and enjoy the company actually

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

Maybe I can help? Take a look at my website. It's in my signature.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I have never been to a wedding where extra entertainment is laid on and I've never once been bored.

xx

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

11.30 is early - my most basic advice if you must keep people fed and watered, and it should be ok. Any entertainment is a bonus.

I had my wdding at 3pm because I felt like this.

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    Jaycinda_1612 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is at 11.30 also, and Ive had the worry of will everyone be bored for a long time, especially when ive gone to suppliers for flowers etc and theyve made such a song and dance about how early it is.

It was either marry at 11.30 or marry at 1.30pm - which I would have probably have preferred, but getting married at 1.30 would have cost us an extra 2k! As if the wedding isnt expensive enough.

Weddings do seem full days full stop. Guests should be grateful that they have been invited.

You are worrying too much like i was :-) An early wedding means you can savour the day.. xx

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is at 1630hrs and I worry about guests being bored. We're not eating until 1800hrs so I now think that this is in the bag lol

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. People will be fine. We had a 2 hour gap between ending the meal and the evening reception starting and no one was bored. People chatted, drank and walked around the grounds. It was fab.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I dont really understand the whole "you must entertain your guests every second" They are there to see you get married, if they cant entertain themselves for a while then they are worse than children.

There will be a couple of hours gap between my ceremony and the breakfast and then that to the evening reception. I expect my guests to entertain themselves like I will be doing by mingling, talking, having a wander. I do exactly the same at other peoples wedding and dont have an issue with it..maybe we should provide colouring books for everyone so that people can amuse themselves...

Sorry for the snarky response but I have heard so much about rude and ungrateful guests, whatever happened to common courtesy and manners??

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    BrogstarBride ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is at 11.30 too and honestly buy the time you have had your ceremony and people chat have their drinks eat and just enjoy being part of your wedding day it will be perfect don't fret! Smiley smile x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.....plus an 1130 wedding leaves hours for the photography.......heaven!!!!?

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics