Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

WOOHOO! We have FINALLY agreed on a first dance song...

warlycarly, 21 March, 2012 at 23:43

Posted on Planning 56

After a lot of nagging to get OH to find a song he likes, and me having to sit and listen to all of them and the listen to the words, we have finally decided on Amy Winehouse - Will you still love me tomorrow?, unusual I know, but it is one we both like. Is anyone else having any unusual first dance...

After a lot of nagging to get OH to find a song he likes, and me having to sit and listen to all of them and the listen to the words, we have finally decided on Amy Winehouse - Will you still love me tomorrow?, unusual I know, but it is one we both like. Is anyone else having any unusual first dance songs and why?

56 replies

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it, love it, love it - we are having At Last by Etta James. Not sure if band can play it so if they cant we are also having cant take my eyes off you.

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

Our first dance song was decided before anything else ?

We even have the title of the song engraved on our rings

Enjoy the lyrics, they are simply beautiful Smiley smile

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ANqzV2liI:550:0]

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a song that no one has probably ever heard of but OH is a fussy bu gger when it comes to music and it's one we both really liked so don't really care what anyone else thinks Smiley smile

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I think we will probably have either 'Feeling a Moment' by Feeder as it's our song from when we got together or 'You & Me Song' by The Wannadies.

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

"our" song is called get low by lil john can jus imagine my mums face if we danced to that lol< this is something were really stuck on we just cant decide oh suggested an oasis song called slide away but i wasnt too fussed xx

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Katie Lou - haha that is so funny that that's your song! Would be hilarious if u did a routine to it as your first dance!

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

Wow! My OH would kill for Rammstein! He's insisting on having Du Hast played at some point during evening do (play on words of German wedding vows). We went to see them the other week and it was AMAZING!!!

We're having Swing Life Away by Rise Against

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're having The Spy That Loved Me ?

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha i LOVE this! We haven't decided yet - we both love We Are Going to be Friends by White Stripes which is what OH wants, but I don't think I could dance to it without feeling like a t*t. We also thought about Every Me and Every You by Placebo, but again, how to dance?! I'm still trying to push Flightless Bird, American Mouth from the end of Twilight and also Bella and Edwards wedding but not getting far with the convincing!

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap tho for us it has to be the original boobby baby!! (Bob Dylan). We loved it before Adele did a cover and made is sooo commercial (i do love her version too)

We are also asking our band to learn Laid by James as this is our favorite song however inappropriate for our fist dance haha so thinking this is our que to find each other in the middle of the party and re join for a boogie! Our private dance no one knows except you lot

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Also chosen this song,Ii absolutely love it! Although im a bit worried its not very good to dance to? But then I am just planning on clinging on to OH and swaying about a bit so I shouldnt worry I guess.

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No way!! We are having 'At last' for when I walk down the aisle! (bit tongue in cheek as we have been together for so long!)Very good taste Ally ?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG ! I can't let my OH see this , he is a fan of their music (not my thing really ) he suggested it to wind me up and I told him no-one would have it for a first dance !! ?

well done for proving me wrong, its a rarity in this house lol

L x

• eeyoring
    Beginner June 2012
    eeyoring ·
    • Hide content

We wanted Elton John guess Thats why they call it the blues as its our song. We both work away from good a lot so it gets us through the time apart. However we didn't think guests would think its lyrics right for first dance so I've made a video of it with our life in photos over the top and I'm gonna play it after the speeches. So now we're toying with a Louis prima song. He's the guy that sang king Louis song in the jungle book which is my favourite film. He does quiet a few up tempo ones which we like. I particularly like when you're smiling. I speeds something with a beat as neither of us can dance and i hate the idea of a random sway. This way i think we'll just jump around and pretend we're drunk - which we usually are when we play it! I'm actually really nervous about the whole concept of dancing in front of people Especially as my sis learnt a spotles routine!

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Spookle ·
    • Hide content

I really want High on life by dj cammy but not sure if OH will go for it

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

h2b would actually love to do that lol, its the song that was playing when we first met in a nightclub 7 years ago, and then chicane and tom jones- stoned in love was on next, we had a practise dance to that song and it just didnt work Smiley sad xx

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

We're having Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Its our song and stems back to when H2B and I first got together and had a long distance relationship, it really means something to us both.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We're having Fly me to the Moon by Sinatra...not sure if that's unusual or not ?

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to have a piano version of Brand New Colony by the Postal Service...it's a bit of an obscure song but meaningful to OH and I.

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

We're having Candy by Paolo Nutini. I was playing this loads when we first met, and I just love the song. You could maybe say the lyrics aren't wholly appropriate but I don't really care! It's just a song about how the 'spark' you have when you first meet can come and go a bit over time but you make it work. I like the sentiment.

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    pandapops101 ·
    • Hide content

Ohne Dich is a nice idea, i'm liking that song choice! Seen them play it live. Was awesome!

xxx

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

'Our' song is Eric Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' so that'll be our slow song, but we met dancing so it's also important to us to have something more upbeat that we can dance 'properly' too, and that hasn't been decided yet. We both love Buble though, and may have 'Save The Last Dance', or 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' (although I LOVE the original, so may have to forgo that one!), or 'Everything', or 'Sway', or.... we just love him, can't choose! He also did a lovely cover of 'Wonderful Tonight' so we might have a Buble-fest on the first dance front!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics