Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Curious March 2023 East Sussex

Worried about small wedding and witnesses

Danielle, 22 of July of 2022 at 01:22 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hello
I wanted some advice I'm getting married in March 2023 it's all booked and invites have been posted, we have been together for nearly 12 years so this is a big deal. But.. We're having such a small wedding my teenage son, obviously me and H2b and his mum we have asked his mum to be one of our witnesses and put a plus one hoping another family member will be a witness. The wedding is so small because we don't have much money.
I'm stressed that we won't have a second witness and the day means everything. I am physically disabled with brital bones, highly active relapsing remitting MS, epilepsy and stage 4 endometriosis, I'm a chair user and it's such a big deal because I'm going to walk down to aisle and if I cannot find a second witness we cannot get married. I'm in ill health and I won't get better so to be able to do this in March is so important to us. Any advice on what to do would be great. Thank you. ❤️

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 22 of July of 2022 at 13:43
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am sorry to hear of your ill health and as someone with health issues i understand how upsetting this will be. Can you maybe speak to your FMIL and ask her if she will be bringing a plus one and who it will be? If she isn't, can you think of someone close you would then be able to invite? Maybe also ask the registrar if your son can do it, not sure if there is an age limit for a witness but it could be an option. Try not to stress, you have plenty of time to sort it. i am sure you will have the perfect day X

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry your health isent the best as for your witness can i ask how old your son is x💗Im doing registry with our 3 kids after 20 years of being together my 20 year old daughter is my 1st witness and my 16 year old son my 2nd my registry said as long as they know what is happening then yo u wiill be okay ring registry and ask about his age he should be okay x💗 How old is your son xxx
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Ask the registrar if your son can do it - some registrars will insist a witness is over 18, but legally, anyone can be a witness as long as they are old enough/have sufficient mental competency and grasp of the language to understand what is happening.

Are you having a photographer? The other alternative is to ask him/her to do it. I know a few photographers did this during Covid, when the only people allowed at a wedding were the couple, officiants and witnesses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics