Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Blonde Viki
Beginner July 2012

Zumba or Body Pump?

Blonde Viki, 16 February, 2011 at 18:41 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

As the titele says really!

I want to do a class to add to my running. I've tried body pump before and enjoyed it but I haven't tried zumba. I've heard it's fun though!

Unfortunately I can't spare the time to do both so I have to pick.

What do you think?

12 replies

Latest activity by Blonde Viki, 18 February, 2011 at 22:15
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Not sure, sorry. If you find a central class though, I'll come with you!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I should have gone to zumba tonight as i missed mondays also but the crappy weather and headaches said nooooo dont goooo.

zumba is great for burning off calories and a good giggle but its a lonnnnng process to toning up and fighting flab I think..

I go for the general exercise as im usually purple faced and out of breath after an hour but I dont think im shedding any weight from it. Its a bit of a laff with the local women more than anything.

• LuLu_x
    Beginner May 2012
    LuLu_x ·
    • Hide content

Id say Body Pump if you already doing running so your doing the pump as toning and the running as cadio Smiley smile im trying kettle bells on sunday so that should be interesting!

• navychick
    Beginner August 2011
    navychick ·
    • Hide content

I do both, but they clash, so I do body pump at the gym on tuesdays and alternate tuesdays zumba at a private class with some pals - but obviously have to pay extra. Body pump is best for toning etc - i can definitely see the difference in arms, shoulders etc - I feel more toned as it's literally a full 1hr of using weights. you don't get the same results from Zumba, as it's more moving around etc, but is definitely fun - although takes a little time to get used to the moves - so to begin with i didn't feel as if i was working out hard enough as I was so busy trying to follow the instructor! so i guess it's what your trying to aim for. Have you tried body combat? i do that as well as spinning, and thoroughly enjoy combat - v. high energy.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

If you're already doing running I'd go for pump to add some toning into the mix. I've not actually done zumba but I can't see it being as cardio-intensive as running or a body attack class.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I love pump - so much so I go to a 6.45am class every wednesday morning!

It works everything & would be an ideal add on to your running.

I do a personal training sesssion every tue morning & use kettlebells in it - really works shoulders & back - great for wedding dress prep!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the help!

I think I will go back to body pump.

Your're mad!! but in an inspirational way - maybe if I give it another go one day I will love it that much too *doubtful, but good to have something to aim for!*

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Ah, now I was going to say Zumba because it's dance based. In the past, I've stuck to the more dance related workout classes as it doesn't feel like exercise. The best one I ever did was Body Jam (same collection as Body Pump, Body Balance etc). It was brilliant. Unfortunately, the only place that runs Body Jam in my area in Bannatynes!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL im so busy working 6 days a week, wedding etc & attemptin to have a life inbetween that ive no choice but to go before work to sort out my body! Its not as bad as you think + OH gets up at 6 for work anyway so I just get up with him. I could do weights all the time, its cardio I hate - I do Mel B work out, body combat & spin each week - classes make it so much easier - then personal training could be circuits, boxing, running & kettlebells - whatever the girl has in store for me, i never know until i arrive!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

You are being a really good reminder of why I need to get off my butt Smiley smile At the moment work is so tiring I come home and flop out on the sofa for a bit with every intention of getting out for a run or a class 'when I've just had a quick sit down' but in reality I'm there for the rest o the night. You've made me think I might have to push myself at first to adopt a schedule I'm not comfy with, but that I'll get used to given time.

You do so many things! I'd love a personal trainer but in general it's very expensive here in London and I don't want to join a gym!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If i went home after work I would never get up & go to the gym - i mite go for a walk but nothing hardcore - I go to gym straight after work & then when im home im home for the nite and the classes are designed for people like me! I usually have dinner preped the nite before as well so it doesnt take long to rustle together..

Believe me im no cindi crawford - Ive nearly a stone to go before im within a healthy BMI but Ive always done the gym so this & now im doing slimming world & I see myself getting stronger, fitter & leaner which is really the best incentive there is!

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Neither for me....I'm a total spinning addict!!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

argh! another mad person! I fail at spinning - I have tried and tried but I just can't do it. The instructor can yell herself blue but after 10 minutes I can't do the stand up sit down change resistance - I'll just pedal along at my own pace thank you as my legs are now jelly. I think I'm scarred for life after my first attempt when I hadn't secured one of my feet correctly and it slipped off the pedal whilst I was standing up. Banged my butt v hard and scared myself! Yes, definitely that. Not the lack of fitness at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics