• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

16 of June of 2001

8372days 11hours

Discussions

AnnaBanana
Dinner thread
AnnaBanana, 22 of May of 2009 at 18:14

So, what's cookin? I had Wagamamas last night so unfortunately no take away tonight. It'll be grilled curry chicken, rice and a yummy salad.

ashke_again, friday 22-May-09 7
Thai/indian food
*LJ, 18 of May of 2009 at 15:06

Anyone got any really good from scratch recipes they can recommend? There are so many recipes out there to choose from I don't know where to start and I'd like to start with something that is good. I...

*LJ, monday 18-May-09 5
J
Getting a puppy when you have a young family - advice/thoughts?
Janna, 14 of May of 2009 at 08:14

Morning ? I've posted a couple of times about getting a dog, and having visited two rescue homes, we've decided that getting a puppy is the right thing for us. We have two children (5 and 2) and both...

poochanna, friday 15-May-09 34
SophieM
Dinner thread
SophieM, 13 of May of 2009 at 17:19

All this talk of gym has made me hungry ? I'm having the red lentil, lemongrass and coconut soup that was in the Grauniad the other day - I suggested ti to loml and he cast aspersions, but am on my...

Tilly Floss, wednesday 13-May-09 14
S
Canada
Specialkat, 26 of April of 2009 at 22:46

I'm off to Canada in 2 weeks time and I'm really excited. But having never been there before wondered if anyone could recommend anything to do in the daytime/evening, rec any restaurants/touristy...

*LJ, wednesday 29-Apr-09 9
Old Nick Esq.
Is it too early for a dinner thread?
Old Nick Esq., 28 of April of 2009 at 14:47

Sticky ribs, onion rings and wedges here. Saves me having to wash cutlery.

Diefenbaker, tuesday 28-Apr-09 24
Bowski
Hitched veg growers what can I grow?
Bowski, 17 of April of 2009 at 09:18

I want to grow some veg, but it will have to be pot based as we've not cleared where would be good for a veg patch, also we do get some sun but just not all the time, the place I'll put the pots is...

*LJ, friday 17-Apr-09 2
GinFizz
Asthmatics
GinFizz, 17 of April of 2009 at 09:23

My asthma always gets worse at this time of year because of hayfever. I take a Symbicort inhaler twice a day and use a Becotide as a reliever when needed. At the moment I am using the Becotide a lot...

GinFizz, friday 17-Apr-09 11
H
People mistaking you for pregnant when you're just fat
Headless Lois, 7 of April of 2009 at 09:54

Is horrid <sob> Next door neighbour said to me the other day 'oh, I thought you were pregnant the other day, you were wearing some long thing' (by which she means a knee lenghth dress I think)...

Mrs Winkle, tuesday 7-Apr-09 27
CountDuckula
Can anyone recommend an employment lawyer please?
CountDuckula, 7 of April of 2009 at 09:36

Things have turned nasty since this: https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/102554.aspx?PageIndex=1 They've still not been forthcoming in giving my OH any confirmation of what his pay off will be and...

GooseyGooseGoose, tuesday 8-Dec-20 8
PhoebeBuffay
Anyone transferred trains at Lille?
PhoebeBuffay, 31 of March of 2009 at 11:06

We are having to do this in June and we have just over an hour there. I was wondering what it was like or if they let you leave the station, or maybe it's that much of a trek from one place to another...

PhoebeBuffay, tuesday 31-Mar-09 6
DaisyDaisy
Talking of soup - help I've messed mine up.
DaisyDaisy, 25 of March of 2009 at 12:38

..can I add anything to make the taste of rosemary slightly less? It's given it a bit of a ..I don't know..cleaning product sort of taste. It's ok, but annoying. Anyone know of anything to counteract...

DaisyDaisy, wednesday 25-Mar-09 5
T
owning a dog
tea and toast, 25 of March of 2009 at 16:52

I met a black cocker spaniel today and I'm in love! I really really want one. But I know in my heart it's not the right thing to do, with us both being out at work all day. Does anyone own a dog and...

Moose in the Garage, wednesday 25-Mar-09 4
What's for dinner tonight then?
*LJ, 25 of March of 2009 at 16:53

We're having chicken fajitas. I'm starving already just thinking about them but my oh isn't due in until 7!!! What's everyone else having just to make me feel even hungrier?

chids, wednesday 25-Mar-09 20 1,392
Clairy
Meal planning / food budgeting
Clairy, 23 of March of 2009 at 15:08

I've offered to buddy my brother with a cheap food regime (I have thought how to word this several times: I don't mean cheap food, but making the most of nice ingredients that don't cost a fortune)....

*LJ, tuesday 24-Mar-09 11
magicool
AIBU- Other people washing your clothes
magicool, 21 of March of 2009 at 10:28

Am I the only person who really hates other people washing their clothes for them? We are staying with my ILs at the moment and my MIL has just gone into "our" bedroom and picked up my dirty clothes...

Puss, saturday 21-Mar-09 25
R
Does anybody know Liverpool?
Ruby 2, 21 of March of 2009 at 07:13

If so, where is nice to live, and where should be avoided at all costs? We'd be looking for a friendly, family kind of neighbourhood with decent schools and nice houses [probably 3 bedroom semi, or...

Carebear.1981, monday 23-Mar-09 13
Bag of Bones
Mental Health & Wasting Police Time
Bag of Bones, 12 of March of 2009 at 15:35

Does anybody know what would constitute grounds for charging somebody for wasting police time? If, for example, this person was suffering delusions and paranoia and regularly writing letters to the...

*LJ, thursday 12-Mar-09 11
HeidiHole
How do you make your cottage pie
HeidiHole, 4 of March of 2009 at 14:00

Am interested in seeing if other people jazz it up or keep it simple. I fankoo.

Flowery the Grouch, thursday 5-Mar-09 19
Becca
How many of these 100 books have you read .....?
Becca, 4 of March of 2009 at 14:59

A friend just posted this on her Facebook page, apologies if this has been around the block a million times, but I hadn't seen it before, and can't find the original link on a quick BBC search - I...

Dooby, thursday 5-Mar-09 84
Clairy
How much alcohol do you drink?
Clairy, 2 of March of 2009 at 14:32

I know we've done this several times before, but up until then I've been in denial and not willing to confront the amount I actually do drink. I don't think I have a *problem* but I know I drink way...

~~~liz~~~, tuesday 3-Mar-09 76
Old Nick Esq.
Dinner Thread
Old Nick Esq., 2 of March of 2009 at 15:16

Because I'm bored. What can I do with a bit of sirloin that Mummy ONE threw me?

I love shoes, monday 2-Mar-09 24
S
What's for lunch?
shagalizard, 25 of February of 2009 at 11:49

I'm starving today and can't stop thinking about food. So the next best thing to eating is reading about food. I'm going to make an avocado salad baguette for lunch I think and possibly a soy yoghurt...

Old Nick Esq., wednesday 25-Feb-09 12
SophieM
Dinner thread
SophieM, 23 of February of 2009 at 16:56

What's everyone having? Sausages, mashed spud and swede, pumpkin, PSB and gravy for us.

RubyBlue, monday 23-Feb-09 34
P
Parents boycott disabled childrens presenter
Pint&APie, 23 of February of 2009 at 12:43

https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Disabled-CBeebies-TV-Presenter-Cerrie-Burnell-Accused-Of-Scaring-Children-After-Complaints/Article/200902415227818?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_...

spacecadet_99, tuesday 24-Feb-09 47
geekypants
Dinner thread
geekypants, 6 of February of 2009 at 17:15

I was planning a swede and caramalised onion pie with mustard pastry and lots of green, but Im tired and fancy pottering about the kitchen, so might do a curry ot some ilk instead, perhaps with...

Dooby, friday 6-Feb-09 32
Dr Svensk Tiger
Long commutes? What do you do and what's "normal"?
Dr Svensk Tiger, 5 of February of 2009 at 15:01

The situation... H has just been offered two jobs. The one he favours is in North-West London (we are in central Oxford) and is a two hour commute each way on public transport. Unfortunately it's not...

Dr Svensk Tiger, thursday 5-Feb-09 34
Nellie the Elephant
Do you keep your eggs in the fridge?
Nellie the Elephant, 5 of February of 2009 at 14:24

Or somewhere else?

Sia*, thursday 5-Feb-09 40
AnnaBanana
Dinner thread!
AnnaBanana, 5 of February of 2009 at 16:40

Ive never started one of these but here we go! H is out so I was thinking of having chicken with a lemon and garlicy sauce, until I realised I have no lemons. ? so, inspire me with your dinner ideas! ...

Lalu, thursday 5-Feb-09 22
Cosmopolitan
Dinner!!
Cosmopolitan, 4 of February of 2009 at 16:12

Ok, I'm going tonight's dinner thread as I'm bored and sick of looking at my work. I'm struggling to decide between Asda's create your own pizzas and a Dominos! Pizzas will be followed by M&S...

Hoobygroovy, wednesday 4-Feb-09 43
Katchoo
It's snowing
Katchoo, 1 of February of 2009 at 11:57

Snow in North London. It's really coming down. It was bright sunshine 5 minutes ago, and now the sky is completely white.

Caroline T, sunday 1-Feb-09 26

General groups

Hitched article topics