• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

1 of January of 2012

4524days 13hours

Discussions

Redbedhead
Redundancy consultation rights
Redbedhead, 10 of August of 2009 at 19:58

I have checked on the BERR website but can find nothing relevant with regards to employees rights to taking leave while on consultation for redundancy. Background is that H is on 90 days consultation....

Redbedhead, tuesday 11-Aug-09 5
policefox lyn
2 "piece of string" questions, sorry
policefox lyn, 17 of July of 2009 at 17:12

I know the answer is "how long is a piece of string" however I thought there might be someone on here who has had these two things done in similar circumstances who can give me a ballpark figure....

misseatalot, friday 17-Jul-09 10
Lillythepink
What has made you laugh or smile this week?
Lillythepink, 1 of July of 2009 at 08:37

1) Boris Becker's pronunciation of the word "wimbledon" 2) WTP's imitation of the above. So what good news for you? What silliness? What japes?

Sunset21, thursday 2-Jul-09 29
yeah_whatever
Turkey Holiday Help...
yeah_whatever, 30 of June of 2009 at 20:20

Hi Hubbie some friends and i are planning a weeks holiday to Turkey in september but are struggling to pick a resort as there are quiet a few..can anyone give me some rec's of places they have been...

yeah_whatever, wednesday 1-Jul-09 11
Chel
anyone work for flybe? (or use them a lot?)
Chel, 20 of June of 2009 at 15:12

Hiya we're flying on an internal uk flight on tuesday and i've just been checking on the hand luggage requirements. we have a small trolley case but it's 3cm taller than their limit, although all...

Micky, saturday 20-Jun-09 4
M
Any dog experts or vets around for advice?
Micky, 13 of April of 2009 at 09:53

I have two male westie's (neither has been castrated), both 22 months old. I brought them home at 8 weeks and they have lived together happily until last week. Several times during they day they have...

Micky, monday 13-Apr-09 5
barongreenback
Tony Hart (dead)
barongreenback, 18 of January of 2009 at 10:46

?

Zo�, sunday 18-Jan-09 37
M
anyone been to Cuba? edited - should read "Cuba or Mexico?" instead I think
Mrs Ulli The Great, 13 of January of 2009 at 19:09

Hi, I am thinking of perhaps going to Cuba this spring, april or May, and was wondering if anyone has any experience and recommendations for there. Equally if there is anything I should avoid that is...

allthatglitters, wednesday 14-Jan-09 11
barongreenback
How have you wasted time today? (more bizarre the better)
barongreenback, 9 of January of 2009 at 17:09

I have been cutting and pasting photos of my colleagues' faces onto dogs after a conversation about which dogs we were most like. Can anyone beat that for randomness?

Eric, saturday 10-Jan-09 16
S
Can you recommend me a compact digital camera please?
SAM83, 30 of December of 2008 at 19:42

Basically we need a new digital camera ours is years old and the flash is going on it. I dont do anything much with it except take photos on holiday or of our daughter so it doesnt need to be...

anjumanji, wednesday 31-Dec-08 4
M
Family you never knew existed - WWYD?
Micky, 15 of November of 2008 at 12:06

If you found out after 40 years that you had half sisters and brothers that you didn't know existed would you be interested in finding out more/getting to know them or meeting them? Or would you leave...

Julz, saturday 15-Nov-08 23
(pf)
bye bye (poss sense)
(pf), 15 of November of 2008 at 20:36

Hoe no-one minds, i need to get it out. today my dog sheppy died he was 15 and had a number of things wrong with him. he was a daft dog but aways loving and just how a dog should be. we will al miss...

EHJB, monday 17-Nov-08 11
Nellie the Elephant
60 Minute Makeover
Nellie the Elephant, 22 of October of 2008 at 14:21

Is anyone watching? The 'faces' wallpaper - that would scare me if it was in my bedroom!

MrsKitty, wednesday 22-Oct-08 7
B
Anyone with experience of those going through chemo (SENS)
bones, 28 of September of 2008 at 11:07

Dont mean to be sensitive in this post, so apologies if I am but my mum is going through Chemo at the mo and is having real tough time with eating anything -complete loss of appetite (so not eating...

RoseyRo, sunday 28-Sep-08 8
sweetersong
Redundancy and training courses-update
sweetersong, 2 of September of 2008 at 20:01

I am not sure if many of you will remember but about a month ago I posted asking about any grants that were available for training courses when you are made redundant as I had heard something about...

Micky, wednesday 3-Sep-08 4
M
Anyone been to Cuba?
Mrs Ulli The Great, 26 of August of 2008 at 17:36

I have just been watching a programme on Cuba and really fancy going... I thought maybe in November but if you could tell me about when you went and if it was good weather then and anything else that...

Micky, tuesday 26-Aug-08 6
Smint
Planning Application Question
Smint, 26 of August of 2008 at 17:29

The plot of land next to us containing one bungalow has a planning application in for that to be knocked down and two detached houses built The one closest to us is adjacent to our boundary - there...

Micky, tuesday 26-Aug-08 8
sweetersong
Redundancy Question re skills training
sweetersong, 25 of August of 2008 at 10:52

A lady who is temping at my work said that when she was made redundant from her last job at the end of last year, she was advised that the goverment will let you spend up to a certain amount on work...

sweetersong, monday 25-Aug-08 3
Koshka
Job hunting
Koshka, 16 of July of 2008 at 15:58

I'm so sick and tired of hunting for a job. I have qualifications and experience. I've had two employers say/imply that I have too many qualifications. I even had one say I was over qualified so he...

Mrs S Smith, wednesday 16-Jul-08 11
Zoay
Ladybird books - pictures from childhood
Zoay, 13 of July of 2008 at 19:08

I thought Cinderella's dress was the most beautiful thing ever. It's quite sad to see it again - the one in my head is much better! Reminesce here at the Ladybird books site

July, monday 14-Jul-08 41
S
Anyone live in South Devon?
Sunny Day, 30 of May of 2008 at 09:31

Me and my husband are moving down to Dawlish next week from Bristol, eek. I'm not going to know anyone there and wondered if anyone lived in that area to possible get me out and about to make some...

alicel, friday 30-May-08 6
E
Anyone flown First Choice Star Class Premier?
Emma217, 2 of May of 2008 at 16:31

Off to Mexico later this year and have booked with First Choice. We are off to pay for it tomorrow and are considering upgrading the flights to Star Class Premier. Is it worth the money? We already...

Champagne, friday 2-May-08 12
AnnaBanana
Hello from Rock Bottom
AnnaBanana, 29 of April of 2008 at 21:59

Ugh. I feel crap and just need to vent. Ive been looking for a new job for a while now, and have faced about many rejections recently, mostly because of "lack of experience", even though I "interview...

AnnaBanana, wednesday 30-Apr-08 11
Chunk
What foundation do you use?
Chunk, 6 of April of 2008 at 08:37

I've been using a Maybelline one for years but it's not agreeing with my skin anymore. What do you use?

bostongirl, sunday 6-Apr-08 52

General groups

Hitched article topics