S
smitten

United Kingdom · From September 2002

• Beginner

Discussions

S
Low Fat Pizza base recipe ?
smitten, 15 of January of 2010 at 21:43

I have a sudden urge for pizza tomorrow night for dinner. Has anyone got a good recipe for an (easy) low fat pizza base recipe ? I've only made pizza dough in a bread amchine before and that used oil...

beautiluck, thursday 18-Mar-10 1 1,782
S
Having laminate flooring in a new build?
SAM83, 3 of September of 2009 at 11:30

I am having a new house built and have been told by Persimmon who are building it that we cannot have laminate flooring as its a new house. We went to a carpet shop yesterday to arrange to get a quote...

Gia, tuesday 7-May-24 15 1
MrsMcB2B
How about black cords?...Trousers..not dark music!
MrsMcB2B, 27 of March of 2009 at 22:54

Following on from the black jeans thread; I need a new pair of black cords, ladies, slightly boot cut preferably. Had a pair that finally ripped on the arse New Years Day 2007 (long story). Been...

MrsMcB2B, friday 27-Mar-09 1
decibelle
"I've cleaned the toilet"
decibelle, 15 of March of 2009 at 09:35

This is what my H informed me this morning when he appeared downstairs. He looked very chuffed with himself and declared that he felt that it would meet my high standards. So obviously I thanked him...

smitten, sunday 15-Mar-09 11
Ronypoo
Here comes the snow...
Ronypoo, 6 of February of 2009 at 02:00

..again!. Novelty is wearing off now

sweetersong, friday 6-Feb-09 39
jonicko
Fly or not to fly
jonicko, 5 of February of 2009 at 16:14

We're due to fly to Sweden from Birmingham tomorrow lunchtime - need to be in Birmingham by 9ish to park car and check in. Because of the weather we want to give ourselves about two hours instead of...

smitten, friday 6-Feb-09 1
Nellie the Elephant
Do you keep your eggs in the fridge?
Nellie the Elephant, 5 of February of 2009 at 14:24

Or somewhere else?

Sia*, thursday 5-Feb-09 40
MrsDux
Why do they keep cutting interest rates?
MrsDux, 5 of February of 2009 at 12:20

I've just heard they've cut them again to 1% - does it help? Maybe we're lucky but we don't have any debt, other than our mortgage which is on a fixed rate and do have some savings. Also H has just...

Doughnut, thursday 5-Feb-09 17
MrsB
East Midlanders
MrsB, 5 of February of 2009 at 08:11

Hmmm am supposed to be driving up from Sussex to Leicester via Kettering tomorrow. How's the snow? Am I mad to even consider it? Usually go M25/M11/A14. Oh I so want to go, have been looking forward...

MrsB, friday 6-Feb-09 34
Ostrich
Toilet seats - wooden or plastic?
Ostrich, 4 of February of 2009 at 16:40

Or something else? I'm not really talking about those ones with the fish swimming around inside them, etc. ? My colleague reckons the wooden ones are grim and not hygienic. What have you got?

stafoo, thursday 5-Feb-09 33
B
Any legal experts re divor, ce?
Bridget F, 2 of February of 2009 at 21:14

Hi Bit of background: My dad moved out to Austria 11 years ago and 10 years ago married my stepmum. Dad went there with no savings, house and business (apartments) owned by my stepmum. For 10 years my...

Bridget F, monday 2-Feb-09 2
B
Shops from your childhood no longer around
bobbly1, 29 of January of 2009 at 10:04

Idea blatently stolen from MSE but brought back loads of memories! I remember The Gadget Shop (loved nosing in there!) Hamells clothes store Salisburys for bags Freeman Hardy and Willis for shoes...

emmah2b, friday 30-Jan-09 155
Sunflower
Does consultation period = redundancy
Sunflower, 28 of January of 2009 at 15:53

Questions in the subject really... thanks

Sunflower, thursday 29-Jan-09 5
Dove
Hair straighteners - recommend yours.
Dove, 18 of January of 2009 at 22:12

I've decided I really need to start paying more attention to my appearance and I'm looking to get some straighteners. I currently have a cheap pair that someone gave me when they upgraded to GHDs, but...

Dove, monday 19-Jan-09 18
JK
Who here had school dinners in North Kent, or thereabouts?
JK, 17 of January of 2009 at 20:20

Gypsy tart?

neffi, monday 19-Jan-09 26
Gone With The Whinge
Anyone have a good everyday biscuit recipe?
Gone With The Whinge, 17 of January of 2009 at 19:59

I'm trying to make something different like this every week - so far I've made muffins, flapjacks and shortbread. Any tried and tested suggestions please? ?

smitten, saturday 17-Jan-09 7
Sunset21
Who's having a holiday this year?
Sunset21, 13 of January of 2009 at 13:48

H has just told me to book ours but i'm nervous about it, i'm more sensible than he is when it comes to money and I wonder where the spending money will come from although i'm sure we'll find it but...

SabrinaSpellman, wednesday 14-Jan-09 80
Sare
My H is a *** father already
Sare, 10 of January of 2009 at 20:54

We've just told the boys we're splitting. The youngest (5) I don't think understands because he didn't have any reaction to it and seems fine. The eldest (8) was in a state , shouting no over and over...

smitten, monday 12-Jan-09 18
V
IABU - wedding abroad - update on1st pg
Viva Suzi, 8 of January of 2009 at 15:43

Well my SIL2B has finally decided about where she is going to have her wedding day. Above all she wants it to be different that other weddings she has gone to....so where does she pick?.....Australia...

Zo�, friday 6-Feb-09 139
Pickled Eggs
Soap and Glory Products
Pickled Eggs, 6 of January of 2009 at 17:30

I was bought a gift set of Soap and Glory for Christmas from my Brother, I love the stuff now, I am totally hooked. The body lotion that was in the set is amazing and I would love to keep using the...

Flump, wednesday 7-Jan-09 19
S
Pilates anyone ?
smitten, 29 of December of 2008 at 21:50

HI ? Havent been on WL for a good couple of years but its time I came back and made an effort to lose some of the weight I have piled on in the last 4 months ! I'm ok with the eating side of things...

smitten, tuesday 6-Jan-09 3
Mrs M
January Challenge
Mrs M, 2 of January of 2009 at 08:09

Happy New Year losers old & new. Hope you all had a great Christmas and are raring to go for the start of 2009 As always I'e deleted anyone who hasn't updated for a while but if you want back in...

Royalty, thursday 5-Feb-09 133
M
Fitness DVD recommendations please!
Mrs Space Cadet, 6 of January of 2009 at 15:47

Hello all! Well I've lost 1lb of my 1.5lb Christmas gain, so feel like I'm getting back on track, only 1lb off losing a stone & 1/2 hurrah! really want to try hard to get near to 2 stone loss by...

laughing_girl, wednesday 14-Jan-09 7
R
Recently moved to Cambridge - anyone fancy a meet? Perhaps this weekend?
rah, 25 of November of 2008 at 09:52

Hi everyone ? I've not been posting much, things have been a bit hectic with finishing the thesis and starting the new job in Cambridge. We're all moved down here (those that remember my posts a few...

Mrs S Smith, monday 5-Jan-09 15
RubyBlue
The dinner thread
RubyBlue, 5 of January of 2009 at 17:22

Have successfully started my new start for the year after the extreme over-eating and general gluttony of the past few weeks. We're having roast chicken and a mahoosive tray of roasted veg: parsnips,...

legless, monday 5-Jan-09 32
H
Earphones/headphones - anyone else have problems
Headless Lois, 5 of January of 2009 at 19:57

I want headphones for running. I can't wear the little ones that just fit in your ear, they fall out. H bought me some that sort of wrap around your ear - they fit him fine, but they are massive on my...

policefox lyn, monday 5-Jan-09 9
Fallen Angel
renting/landlord question
Fallen Angel, 5 of January of 2009 at 11:13

We currently rent, been here nearly 3 yrs. no bother pay rent on time every month. house is old, dated and manky tbh. (single glazed windows that are as draughty closed as open, kitchen so old the...

alison76, monday 5-Jan-09 11
S
Mineral Foundations
SAM83, 4 of January of 2009 at 18:22

Hi, I am thinking about trying a mineral powder foundation as I quite like the look of them, however, I have always used a cream foundation and am a bit concerned that it wont give me sufficient...

WIseMonkey, monday 5-Jan-09 6
Mattdonna
WWYD - Selling property?
Mattdonna, 1 of January of 2009 at 22:12

We have our house on the market for £155,000 and have agreed a price of £151,000 for the house we really want which is £18,000 below their asking price. This is partly on the condition we can move...

flissy666, saturday 3-Jan-09 7
HeidiHole
Carbs and lard anyone?
HeidiHole, 1 of January of 2009 at 13:46

Big bag of Caramelised onion and balsamic vinegar Sensations and lashings of fat coke here.

smitten, thursday 1-Jan-09 37
kierenthecommunity
a quick flickr question...
kierenthecommunity, 1 of January of 2009 at 22:14

Do all you fans have the 'pro' account thing? i set up flickr just so i could posts some pictures to show another forum but i think it only allows you to display 3 photstreams is it worth the upgrade?...

kierenthecommunity, thursday 1-Jan-09 11
Consuela Banana Hammock
What Christmas food have you got left? To bin or not to bin?!
Consuela Banana Hammock, 1 of January of 2009 at 17:03

I've got three mini Mince Pies and a dribble of double cream; 6 brie and cranberry parcels; 12 mushroom and ricotta ball things; half a tube of Pringles and a packet of Twiglets; and half a box of...

cariad, friday 2-Jan-09 20

General groups

Hitched article topics