Skip to main content
P
Pommie

United Kingdom · From March 2004

Discussions

deedee
Cancelling gym membership - any comeback?
deedee, 1 of September of 2009 at 21:42

Hi I am a member of a gym (Fitness First). My membership was frozen when I was pregnant and three months ago I am being charged again. I have no childcare to use the gym and am due to start back work...

Alicatt, sunday 6-Sep-09 8
B
The attack on Calum Davenport................(West Ham Player)
bobbi, 25 of August of 2009 at 13:21

Not sure if this has been discussed before, just found this story so upsetting, how this could happen in beyond me and this guy stabbing Calum in the legs was obviously trying to end his career (I...

bobbi, tuesday 25-Aug-09 4
Buttons
Moving away from family
Buttons, 21 of August of 2009 at 14:18

My H has applied for a job, which if he gets it has good prospects for him. The money is better than what he is on at the moment, with the possibility of getting even better if he stays with the...

*CJ*, sunday 23-Aug-09 13
R-A
Things I wish my mother/big sister/aunt had told me
R-A, 19 of August of 2009 at 14:32

So, for about 10 years my little sister has been asking me endless questions - about periods, sex, cystitis, her pill, whether she's dying from 'flu, how to help her friend with anorexia etc etc. And...

R-A, thursday 20-Aug-09 43
R
Recommend your I-pod dock please!
Ruby 2, 20 of August of 2009 at 12:09

Hi there, You all seem like a clued-up bunch here on Hitched, so I was hoping to pick your brains - technology purchases aren't always my area of expertise, i never know where to start! I'm looking to...

Soobo, thursday 20-Aug-09 6
Nefertiti
Anyone know about tax rebates when emigrating?
Nefertiti, 16 of August of 2009 at 08:22

We are emigrating later this year, it was going to be the end of Oct but we are now thinking the beginning of Dec. I am pretty sure that a friend told me that if you leave before the end of November...

bostongirl, monday 17-Aug-09 3
NeoShoegal
Why do Americans fear nationalised healthcare so much?
NeoShoegal, 11 of August of 2009 at 23:06

I know the NHS has it flaws, but given the choice, I'd choose our healthcare system over theirs anytime. The comments I keep getting from some American friends are: it will be outdated, subpar, slow,...

Mr JK, wednesday 12-Aug-09 31
shoegal01
Boarding School - Discuss
shoegal01, 6 of August of 2009 at 12:42

TOday at work we have been talking about Boarding Schools 2 of my collegues both attended boarding school frrom the age of 8 and one of them has 3 kids and all 3 kids go to boarding school. the other...

Tillybean, sunday 15-Aug-10 33
P
Who knows which logistics co has this logo so I can report lunatic driver?
Pommie, 30 of June of 2009 at 03:22

Just back from a holiday in UK and some pillock of a truck driver was so close to us on M25 we could only see his grill in rear window. Traffic was slow and he was impatient so thought by driving 2...

Gryfon, wednesday 1-Jul-09 5
M
Michael Jackson's Children
Mrs JMP, 29 of June of 2009 at 10:47

Are they his biological children?

Smint, wednesday 1-Jul-09 52
Flowery the Grouch
Compulsory MMR?
Flowery the Grouch, 3 of June of 2009 at 10:26

What do htchers think? Should children have to prove they have had all their MMRs (initial injection and boosters) before being allowed to go to school. I think i am torn between community...

minerva, thursday 4-Jun-09 63
V
Infamous SIL2B wedding plans continue....
Viva Suzi, 2 of June of 2009 at 16:27

Well the Save the Date card for the big bash arrived today....I so wish I had a way of showing it to you because it is a classic. It is shaped like a pumpkin carriage from Cinderella and has a...

chids, wednesday 3-Jun-09 38
C
A naked neighbours related WWYD
Carrot, 31 of May of 2009 at 20:42

Our next-door neighbours don't appear to have realised that their bathroom window is completely see-through even though it's frosted. They have their shower right next to the window and we get treated...

Mr JK, monday 1-Jun-09 14
Roobarb
Do you "challenge" people in the street re dropping litter etc?
Roobarb, 28 of May of 2009 at 12:23

I was in the newsagents this morning when a woman elbowed me and my pram out of the way to get to the till before me and she handed over a scratchcard she'd just got that had obviously "won" £1 and...

ashke_again, friday 29-May-09 23
Champagne
Sponsoring a third world child
Champagne, 27 of May of 2009 at 12:51

Has anyone done or doing this and if so, who are you with and why? My sister has just given birth to my first niece and I thought it would be nice if I could "pair" them with a child in need and when...

Champagne, thursday 28-May-09 11
Mrs Magic
Can you imagine never having left your home town/city?
Mrs Magic, 22 of May of 2009 at 14:00

I'm just watching Holiday Showdown and one of the families have never left Bristol, including their annual summer holiday staying at home and visiting Bristol. I just can't imagine it. I love being a...

Jenbo, saturday 23-May-09 14
C
your biggest regret
Coralie, 21 of May of 2009 at 21:50

I don't want to dictate peoples responses here at all, but mean it more in a sense of things that you could actually have done, not in an unrealistic wish lish sense iyswim?! anyhoo, mine is that i...

Koshka, sunday 24-May-09 57
Sunset21
Whilst we're on the subject of gym changing rooms....
Sunset21, 18 of May of 2009 at 13:59

I have to laugh and wonder about some of the women in the female changing rooms at my gym, i'm no perv and no prude either, I don't mind showing my womanly bits where needs be but some women will...

essexmum, tuesday 19-May-09 28
Roobarb
MPs expenses - how would you reform it? And a q.
Roobarb, 12 of May of 2009 at 17:40

OK, so I think it's quite obvious from media reports that many of our elected representatives have been taking the piss but also I think that the unique nature of the role they do means that stuff...

Mrs JMP, wednesday 13-May-09 50
titchbunny
Silly things you can't touch...
titchbunny, 12 of May of 2009 at 14:17

I have presently got a crocheted throw in my washing machine off my daughters chair in her room, even with rubber gloves on I can't take it out, the thought of touching wet wool fills me with dread....

Pommie, wednesday 13-May-09 45
P
Typically balance article in DM about MMR....
Pommie, 10 of May of 2009 at 11:54

I saw this and immediately thought of hitchers....it is such a bad report as to be not worth posting a comment against ....

Mr JK, monday 11-May-09 18 1,321
Redbedhead
Tinted windows in cars
Redbedhead, 6 of May of 2009 at 19:58

Can I ask if there is a reason for doing this? I understand celebs do it because they don't want people to see them / privacy etc but I mean tinted windows on day to day cars.

Keelz, thursday 7-May-09 16
Kaz_76
Love Actually (a confession)
Kaz_76, 5 of May of 2009 at 23:39

I'm really not a huge fan of romantic comedies, well not that I'd readily admit to it but just caught last half an hour or so on ITV2 and realised how much I love this film! ? Yes, I know it's pretty...

deliciousdevilwoman, wednesday 6-May-09 31
KJX
Gobsmacked by TV Licence Chap
KJX, 30 of April of 2009 at 15:01

Just had a chap from the TV Licence people knock my door. He was after my next door neighbours (a very nice chap - works overseas a lot, uses the house as a crash pad). Told him sorry, but I didn't...

Doughnut, saturday 2-May-09 15
tahdah
A gem from the sun
tahdah, 28 of April of 2009 at 10:34

I would class this as child abuse...what do you think? /news/ "She said: “My babies were six months old when they had their first McDonald’s. They like fish and chips too. I chew the food first so...

decibelle, tuesday 28-Apr-09 10
Roobarb
Sleb adoptions from Africa etc
Roobarb, 31 of March of 2009 at 11:53

Talking about this on This Morning now ie the likes of Madonna/Angelina Jolie. What do we think of this? While part of me thinks there's nothing wrong with it, plenty of people adopt much wanted and...

Hyacinth, wednesday 1-Apr-09 30
Serendipity
Living kidney donor?
Serendipity, 24 of March of 2009 at 18:54

Has anyone ever been tested as a potential match for someone to be a living kidney donor or know anyone who has? I'm just wondering exactly what is involved as I've offered to be tested to see if I'm...

Pommie, wednesday 25-Mar-09 7
Roobarb
Josef Fritzl case (poss sens)
Roobarb, 18 of March of 2009 at 12:17

I have been just dumbfounded by this case, it's just truly horrific. If anything it all sounds more awful hearing it now than it did when the details first emerged. The passing of time since first...

Mr JK, thursday 19-Mar-09 30
Tulips
Personal Injury Claim (for toddler)?
Tulips, 16 of March of 2009 at 12:53

Yesterday, my husband and I were walking towards the check-in at the Stansted Airport Departures Hall with my mum whilst I was holding our little boy of 21 months (Euan). By complete surprise, I...

Zebra, tuesday 17-Mar-09 15
Clairy
Keeping in touch with old BFs
Clairy, 16 of March of 2009 at 13:10

Do you do this? I am not in touch with my ex-H. we've been split up 10 years and were together for 6. Yesterday my ex before him (we split 17 years ago ?) contacted me on Facebook. I feel really...

Gone With The Whinge, tuesday 17-Mar-09 16
teenybash
Questions about Moving Overseas - WWYD/WDYD?
teenybash, 14 of March of 2009 at 18:01

Hi, I've not been on here for a wee while, and in the last 10 days life has turned on a pin and I could use some advice, if that is OK? ? in advance for any help. My H has been made redundant - it's...

bostongirl, tuesday 17-Mar-09 19

General groups

Hitched article topics