Skip to main content
M
MistyM

United Kingdom · From May 2004

• Beginner

Discussions

M
Does anyone find using Facebook unsettling?
MistyM, 25 of August of 2009 at 10:40

I have finally given in and got a facebook account and am intending to just limit it to people I actually know/want to keep in touch with rather than random people I knew at school/uni etc that I have...

jaz, tuesday 25-Aug-09 18 3,402
Dr Doo.Little
And so it is done....
Dr Doo.Little, 18 of June of 2009 at 17:42

I've culled the friend. We announced that we were having a baby on Sunday and I've had loads of congrats messages on facebook, but nothing off him. So that's it I deleted him, I know I don't need...

Dr Doo.Little, saturday 20-Jun-09 11
Tilly Floss
Tell me about your home filing system...........
Tilly Floss, 26 of May of 2009 at 14:04

Boring I know but despite having 2 filing cabinets ans a couple of divided boxes, I'm still drowning in paperwork. I need something simple and quick. Oh, and how far back do you keep utility bills...

Tilly Floss, tuesday 26-May-09 11
Katchoo
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Katchoo, 17 of May of 2009 at 20:38

This is on Channel Five right now. I remember going to see this six times at the cinema when I was a teenager. It's a terrible film (check out the american accents on Robin and Will Scarlet) but I...

Hecate, monday 18-May-09 13
Doughnut
My boss - a WWYD
Doughnut, 26 of March of 2009 at 21:44

I moaned about him the other week but can't find it now. I've been there nearly 3 months and he started a couple of weeks after I did. He sits behind me, back to back, and not directly behind, and he...

Doughnut, friday 27-Mar-09 6
M
April 1st - City & CW Workers
Mrs JMP, 26 of March of 2009 at 21:02

Are you going in? I do hope it's not a repeat of the 1999 riot, which was awful, our building got stormed & it did get nasty. I was due to meet a friend for lunch, but decided to give it a miss. ...

feathers, saturday 28-Mar-09 33
Snowball
Going to a spa for the day on your own..
Snowball, 20 of March of 2009 at 20:56

... is this weird? I was recently made redundant and on my last day, my boss gave me a voucher to spend the day at a very lovely looking health spa with treatments and lunch included. Now, I've never...

Dr Pecker, friday 4-Jun-21 12
bluebella
Please can i have a few vibes pls fr my mum?
bluebella, 8 of March of 2009 at 21:18

Evening all. Just wondering if there are some spare vibes going for my mum. Bit of background, she has basically been receiving treatment for cancer since I was 15 (im now 27). She has had a really...

Flaming Nora, sunday 8-Mar-09 3
C
Reheating Sausages
Croyde, 3 of March of 2009 at 19:10

I have left over sauages and mash from a sausage casserole last night ...can I zapped the sausages in the microwave? or am I going to kill myself!!???

RubyBlue, tuesday 3-Mar-09 1
M
Any recommendations for audio books?
MistyM, 3 of March of 2009 at 19:18

I have just finished listening to my first book on my ipod (The Time Traveler's Wife) and am looking for inspiration for more - does anyone have any? I am looking for modern fiction I suppose - I...

Old Nick Esq., tuesday 3-Mar-09 4 223
S
Planning my parents renewing of wedding vow (sens) (UPDATED)
Scarlet Fifi La Voom, 17 of February of 2009 at 12:53

My dad is terminally ill and is slowly getting worse and worse. My parents will be celebrating their 36th anniversary in August. They are already planning on going to Cornwall in September when they...

texasgirl26, sunday 22-Feb-09 21
Tilly Floss
Decent ready meals?
Tilly Floss, 17 of February of 2009 at 14:22

Ok, so it's probably an oxymoron, and I'm almost scared to ask this here............ We've never done ready meals but with 2 toddlers, a newborn and a husband working long hours I think I'm going to...

Jingle, tuesday 17-Feb-09 38
jaz
Hardwearing Nailpolish - a myth?
jaz, 8 of January of 2009 at 11:54

After years as a nailbiter I have now got longish nails I wnat to paint but am struggling to find a nailpolish type/brand that doesn't need touched up every day - is that just the way it is with...

jaz, thursday 8-Jan-09 14
M
What did you get for your 30th birthday?
MistyM, 2 of January of 2009 at 17:50

Just looking for inspiration really - I am 30 in a few weeks and am being asked from all corners what I want but I am a bit stuck for inspiration. Just wondering if anyone would care to share what was...

Champagne, tuesday 6-Jan-09 43
E
Best Wii game? Help!
Elster, 10 of December of 2008 at 12:12

Hello, can anyone help a numpty who knows nothing about Wiis?! My H has bought one, loves it so I'd like to get him another game for it. He has the Tiger Woods one and a boxing one(!) but that's about...

The Grouch That Stol, wednesday 10-Dec-08 15
monkey fingers
Birthday present for 30th birthday present
monkey fingers, 27 of November of 2008 at 21:01

My lovely friend is 30 in a few weeks, and I would like to buy her something wonderful, but I have £50 ish budget. She is beautiful, stylish, a wonderful wife and mother, she hates clutter, is getting...

soon2bsummers, thursday 27-Nov-08 4
Iris
Alternative to sloe gin?
Iris, 24 of November of 2008 at 20:46

We are doing the £10 gift thing again this year. I know my mum loves gin, especially sloe gin. Except I can't find any sloes, is it not sloe season? Can anyone think of any non-sickly alternatives?...

pudontour, monday 24-Nov-08 6
M
How do I find out what type of business this is?
MistyM, 23 of November of 2008 at 20:37

Pure nosiness really but there is a shop unit close to where I live that has no sign outside it but is definitely some sort of business. It has a sign in the window that shows when it is open but you...

MistyM, sunday 23-Nov-08 7
pans
WWYD Neighbours Complaint
pans, 18 of November of 2008 at 20:53

I am posting this here because although its about our baby I want rounded opinions. When our son was born he had severe reflux for 3 months and screamed 7 hours a day every day. Our neighbour was...

jaz, wednesday 19-Nov-08 29
I love shoes
Spa day for 2 recomendations?
I love shoes, 18 of November of 2008 at 19:47

Ive been trying to think of something for my mum for christmas / birthday (its her birthday on thursday, but she knows Im going to get her something joint this year) She has had a bit of a weird year...

jelly baby, tuesday 18-Nov-08 5
P
NickJ
poochanna, 12 of November of 2008 at 13:01

What was you post about last week, the one with the great wind up? I came back and you'd buggered off ?

RachelHS, thursday 13-Nov-08 57
M
How quickly is BBC iplayer updated?
MistyM, 9 of November of 2008 at 21:14

Our Sky+ has failed to record Top Gear (or my H failed to series link it) but does anyone know how quickly iplayer is updated so he can watch it online? Have looked in the FAQ's on the BBC website but...

MistyM, sunday 9-Nov-08 2
KJX
My New Favourite Overheard IT Help Call
KJX, 17 of October of 2008 at 13:55

I share an office with our IT Helpdesk. It is fast becoming a constant source of amusement - and I now have a new favourite overheard call. IT Person: "Right, I'm going to need to to shut your...

Nichola80, friday 17-Oct-08 5
HeidiHole
The Hills
HeidiHole, 17 of October of 2008 at 13:06

I hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhate Spencer. I want to look like Audrina. I also can't wait to find out what happens in Cabo.

Minx Sauce, tuesday 21-Oct-08 15
N
Monthly Utility Bills cost?
Nix, 14 of October of 2008 at 20:45

I am trying to forcast a budget for us?!? And I have not idea what our monthly utility bills are as we have only just moved into our new house and in our last place the bills were included. We have...

Nix, wednesday 15-Oct-08 9
Lillythepink
Would you be mortally offended if your sister made your Christmas gift?
Lillythepink, 12 of October of 2008 at 14:10

We are utterly skint. I am considering making my sister peppermint creams with dark choc for christmas instead of buying her something. I will, of course, be getting stuff for her 3 kids. tell me the...

AliDaDas, tuesday 14-Oct-08 61
muffins
My nan RIP
muffins, 23 of September of 2008 at 20:31

My nan died today, she was in the advanced stages of Altzheimers but was admitted into hospital on Sunday with breathing difficulties that turned out to be double phneumonia and today died. My...

Kazmerelda, wednesday 24-Sep-08 50
Peaches
Mary Kay products
Peaches, 19 of September of 2008 at 21:46

Does anyone use them? What do you use and would you recommend them? What's so great about them?!

MistyM, friday 19-Sep-08 1
Lillythepink
How do you manage stress?
Lillythepink, 5 of September of 2008 at 19:53

Title, really. I handle it very badly, especially at work, and my boss most likely thinks I am mental at this point. Anyone? How do you stay calm when everything at work is going mental ie, you have...

cariad, saturday 6-Sep-08 10

General groups

Hitched article topics