• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

23 of April of 2004

7325days 1hours

Discussions

Michpuss
Hitched vibes needed please (been unemployed for 8 months) UPDATED
Michpuss, 27 of August of 2009 at 13:42

I've not asked for vibes before on here but as I don't seem to be getting very far, maybe vibes can just swing it for me. Briefly, I worked for a company for over 20 years, got headhunted at the end...

Roobarb, saturday 5-Sep-09 31
Stelly
WWYD - paying someone else to "sell" your car
Stelly, 30 of July of 2009 at 20:54

Took the car we're trying to sell to a carwasher bloke who waxed it for me. He said his friend might want to buy it, and said "If I can get him to pay $4,500 you can give me $250 for...

bostongirl, saturday 1-Aug-09 13
NumbNuts
Does anyoe feed their cat a raw diet?
NumbNuts, 12 of July of 2009 at 17:18

If so what do you give them/include? We have started giving Al raw chicken wings as an addition to his food, and read a fair bit online as to how good/bad these maybe for him. At the moment it's as...

Otishenry, friday 24-Apr-20 8
T
Brits on holiday abroad - perceptions of us
Toblerone, 10 of July of 2009 at 11:21

So on the Beeb this morning, they were discussing Brits abroad. And as usual a mixed bag of perceptions, but according to the piece, the further afield we go, the better behaved we seem to be...

Stelly, friday 10-Jul-09 47
Sparkley
I'm going to a 'Good Life' fancy dress as Barbara - what shall I wear?
Sparkley, 10 of July of 2009 at 15:01

Most people are going at Margot and Jerry, so MrG and I want to go as Tom and Barbara ? I have left it really last minute, (the party is tomorrow!) and have no idea what to wear. I have...

Consuela Banana Hamm, friday 10-Jul-09 13
M
Michael Jackson's Children
Mrs JMP, 29 of June of 2009 at 10:47

Are they his biological children?

Smint, wednesday 1-Jul-09 52
NeoShoegal
Opinions requested on a logo please
NeoShoegal, 27 of June of 2009 at 11:34

I'm getting a new logo for my company (we've gone limited, the website needs a good update and a bunch of other changes have been made, so a new logo seemed like a good idea). So I've got this logo...

Flump, sunday 28-Jun-09 30
Stelly
AIBU - gifts for boss/admin people
Stelly, 23 of June of 2009 at 13:52

I work as an independent contractor, meaning I get 100% commission so make up my own hours and only get paid if/when I sell a house. As such I rarely go into my office (particuarly now I have my...

Headless Lois, tuesday 23-Jun-09 9
N
AIBU?
Nooniepie, 22 of June of 2009 at 17:13

My first AIBU. Names changed to protect the stupid. I have a work meeting on Wednesday 200 miles away from home. Head Office told us that this meeting was going to take place a few weeks ago but we...

Mrs S Smith, tuesday 23-Jun-09 41
Zebra
Adverts that stay with you
Zebra, 22 of June of 2009 at 16:06

My sister and I still quote this ad a fair bit - the catch phrase "you don't say!" has really stuck with us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpswiH_Vkes Any ads that have stuck with you?

Oddbins, thursday 25-Jun-09 51
Bowski
Is it just me or is mama mia poo?
Bowski, 20 of June of 2009 at 22:23

Ok I'm watching it whilst an arseholder but it's utter tripe! I like abba as much as the next person but it's badly acted, badly directed and has no real plot, I don't care who her dad is or that her...

Mrs Geriatric, monday 22-Jun-09 52
Spring
Characters that used to scare you as a Child.
Spring, 14 of June of 2009 at 22:02

For me is was the kiddy catcher out of chitty chitty bang bang. Sends shivers down my spine even now ? Did any scare you?

Stelly, wednesday 17-Jun-09 53
Peaches
Not quite sure if IBU, but I've got the rage!
Peaches, 16 of June of 2009 at 03:36

We're moving house, and today we had the full inspection (same as a full structural survey). It took all afternoon and lasted until early evening. As we were leaving our next door neighbour drove up...

Peaches, tuesday 16-Jun-09 11
J
Credit Card Fraud - WWYD?
Janna, 16 of June of 2009 at 13:51

I've just had First Direct call me to say there's been some unusal activity on my card. I thought this was odd seeing as I've only had the card a week. I got a new one sent through because I lost my...

Natasha., tuesday 16-Jun-09 5
Cheesecake Factory
Airport transfer rec's from JFK?
Cheesecake Factory, 13 of June of 2009 at 20:27

We're heading out there in July with our three year old daughter. We've been before and used the shuttle bus transfers but it was terrifying! The driver was horrendous and it took us ages to get to...

Cheesecake Factory, sunday 14-Jun-09 7
CJJ
US Hitchers!
CJJ, 9 of June of 2009 at 14:42

We're now 'legal permanent residents'!! Letter arrived yesterday, cards to follow in the next 3 weeks. My, that was fast! H is nervous about telling one of his colleagues from India who is still...

Hugo Brambles, wednesday 10-Jun-09 11
Doughnut
Facebook privacy settings question
Doughnut, 8 of June of 2009 at 17:37

I had a slight panic the other week when someone tagged a close up of my cleavage on a hen do, as I'm friends on FB with a bloke at work who would circulate it round the IT department. I've checked...

Doughnut, monday 8-Jun-09 2
JK
Hitched gardeners: home-grown salad pride
JK, 6 of June of 2009 at 21:34

We have garnishes and the odd bit here and there tonight we had a three-leaf salad with radishes, all from the garden (with smoked mackerel and avocado, which were not). I'm so chuffed ?. Battling the...

Stelly, monday 8-Jun-09 29
muffins
Guests not turning up at your party...AIBU!!
muffins, 7 of June of 2009 at 20:12

It was my 40th last night and I had a party, it was a vary planned party with formal invites which needed RSVP's and due to conditions at the venue I needed guests names for them to be enrolled onto...

Skittalie, monday 8-Jun-09 21
Lillythepink
Done before but... what are you reading?
Lillythepink, 5 of June of 2009 at 20:36

And what's on your "to read" pile? I have just finished "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" and it made me feel sick. I bought "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", but WTP had nicked off with it, so I'm...

whirlwind666, sunday 7-Jun-09 51
Kaz_76
TMI question, sorry! Diarrhoea - eurgh
Kaz_76, 5 of June of 2009 at 21:46

? If you eat something and then it comes out 90 mins later, is it definitely food poisoning? ?

Doughnut, friday 5-Jun-09 13
V
Infamous SIL2B wedding plans continue....
Viva Suzi, 2 of June of 2009 at 16:27

Well the Save the Date card for the big bash arrived today....I so wish I had a way of showing it to you because it is a classic. It is shaped like a pumpkin carriage from Cinderella and has a...

chids, wednesday 3-Jun-09 38
Iris
Do you snog?
Iris, 2 of June of 2009 at 20:31

Just pondering. Do you still do snogging and how long have you been together? We've been together for 11 years so not much snoggage these days. I think that's normal though.

poochanna, wednesday 3-Jun-09 43
Hugo Brambles
Emigrating to the States....
Hugo Brambles, 1 of June of 2009 at 22:18

Has anyone emigrated to USA off their own bat rather than moving with an exisiting company for example? I just wondered how the whole process (roughly) worked - is it like Oz where they accept you if...

Hugo Brambles, wednesday 3-Jun-09 19
LizBjk
Any driving instructors? Or anyone in the know about tests?
LizBjk, 26 of May of 2009 at 15:50

I'll try to keep this short. My husband was having driving lessons a couple of year ago but never got around to taking his test. This was due to money. He's bought a car and is insuring it on friday...

Stelly, tuesday 26-May-09 13
Stelly
Using napkins/serviettes when eating - what's normal??
Stelly, 26 of May of 2009 at 13:42

H's family always HAVE to use napkins when eating. Even when eating a sandwich/piece of toast/cookie. I thought this was just an American thing, because my family only use napkins at Christmas or in...

Pink Han-bag, tuesday 26-May-09 14 3,141
H
Anyone know about a service for receiving lots of text messages?
Headless Lois, 24 of May of 2009 at 11:18

We use a service for sending texts that people can reply to and that works fine. I now need to implement something whereby people will 'text this number to sign up', and my current online service...

Stelly, sunday 24-May-09 3
Roobarb
House names - nice or naff?
Roobarb, 22 of May of 2009 at 12:32

I have just spotted one of our neighbours affixing a small brass sign to the front of his house bearing the legend "The Pinery". Now bearing in mind this is a pretty newish estate full of nice enough...

Fandango, friday 22-May-09 45
Stelly
Re-visiting sodding MIL + family on Facebook issue.....
Stelly, 22 of May of 2009 at 04:50

I posted ages ago about MIL joining Fbook and how it pissed me off that I'd have no privacy. Following advice from here (and amid outrage at my "ageist" comments ?) I set my privacy settings so that...

Mrs Winkle, friday 22-May-09 12

General groups

Hitched article topics