minerva

United Kingdom · From February 2004

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

1 of January of 2007

6346days 5hours

Discussions

flissy666
A reasonable expense claim (work-related)?
flissy666, 24 of August of 2009 at 20:56

I haven't got a passport, but need one as I have some international conferences scheduled over the next 24 months, which I need to attend for work. I don't have any personal travel plans whatsoever...

GMT, tuesday 25-Aug-09 15
Smiley
Those who have moved to the US, salary in the US compared to the UK
Smiley, 23 of August of 2009 at 10:51

I know this is probably an unanswerable question, but I am trying to find out what a compararable Salary in the US would be to one in the UK. I know that on the face of it the actual salary isnt just...

minerva, monday 24-Aug-09 4
P
Loosing Sleep Over 'Friend' Issue
Protostar, 18 of August of 2009 at 09:17

I work(ed) with someone who, at the very least I considered to be a friend. He's been direly ill over the past year or so, but wherever possible, I've tried to help him by covering his evening classes...

Ms. Scarlett, tuesday 18-Aug-09 13
SophieM
What on earth am I going to make for dinner? (Sigh)
SophieM, 13 of August of 2009 at 11:50

Going to Pilates class after work so will only get home c.8.30. Then need to do a spot of washing up and cook something. Not pasta - we had it last night. Not rice - had that on Monday. Not sausages -...

Smiley, sunday 16-Aug-09 35
R-A
Pretty but cheap-ish summer dresses
R-A, 12 of August of 2009 at 13:51

Anyone any suggestions for where to look? Have tried Primarni a few times - nowt. Usually mk1 are quite good but they've gone into administration. Looked in New Look last week and they seem to have...

Skittalie, wednesday 12-Aug-09 17
Y
Am I asking too much? I can't believe this
yetanothermess, 10 of August of 2009 at 13:13

Sorry for anon, I am not hiding from YOU, but from the weirdo cyber stalker type. So, decided to have a crack at a Conversation with H today. What with neither of us being happy, I figured it would be...

yetanothermess, tuesday 11-Aug-09 67
MrsTracey
How do you get yourself out of a dark cloud?
MrsTracey, 10 of August of 2009 at 09:44

Basically I spent that past 8 weeks organising a secret surprise for H - for H's family to meet him for the first time (he is adopted and not met his Dad before). Since then, although H was gobsmacked...

MrsTracey, monday 10-Aug-09 6
Knownowt
Back off, girls- I saw him first
Knownowt, 7 of August of 2009 at 14:50

Https://findingmygoddess.com I especially like "She has a trim waistline (as do all four Goddesses above). Alternatively, if her waistline is ALMOST (but not quite) trim, she is willing to trim it...

Ellena, saturday 8-Aug-09 31
summer_sparkles
SIL2B...had enough - UPDATED!
summer_sparkles, 6 of August of 2009 at 10:51

I'm furious with my future SIL, but I can't confront her for reasons I'll say in a minute so I thought I would vent on here before I explode and make the situation worse. Background: Some people may...

shooting star, friday 7-Aug-09 21
JK
Can anyone offer advice? Re being unable to move on.
JK, 23 of July of 2009 at 20:57

Those of you who know my friend, please don't mention this should you ever see her. I'm so worried about her. She's suicidal tonight (though I've made her promise not to do anything without calling...

Zebra, friday 24-Jul-09 19
Peaches
Please teach me how to be ruthless and cull
Peaches, 22 of July of 2009 at 16:12

I'm unpacking box after box after moving house last week, and I'm finding items I've not looked at since we arrived in the US back in Spring 2007. Thing is, most of them are sentimental items .....

Headless Lois, wednesday 22-Jul-09 10
H
WWYD? My mum was run over!
Holly Bags, 20 of July of 2009 at 17:30

My mum tripped on a zebra crossing in a car park, the driver of a car heading towards her didn't see her fall and started to roll over her leg! She wasn't badly hurt - a soft tissue injury to her leg...

minerva, tuesday 21-Jul-09 12
Peaches
Back on suicide watch
Peaches, 9 of July of 2009 at 20:55

Sadly we're back to square one with my brother. I'm again at my wits end, and last night, when I asked him if he was talking about taking his life (he is a right poet, so nothing is in plain English...

Zo�, saturday 11-Jul-09 30
Scoopy
Selfish cry for support....
Scoopy, 7 of July of 2009 at 11:34

Gosh, I haven't been on here for ages but some of you may (just) remember me. I am in a really bad place just now, and could really do with some friendly help and support and I promise when I am...

jaz, tuesday 7-Jul-09 17
P
Work situation
poochanna, 30 of June of 2009 at 11:38

Ok, I have a bit of a WWYD regarding work. I worked on a large project and took a lead role and then that led to working on a similar project for a different company, so I have a good chunk of...

poochanna, tuesday 30-Jun-09 10
Layla
WWYD: Disclosing a dismissal on an application form (long)
Layla, 29 of June of 2009 at 17:39

In 2001 I was sacked from a job for Gross Misconduct, not something I am proud of, but I feel the stamp Gross Misconduct is a little harsh for what it was. Explanation: I was working full time,...

Janna, tuesday 30-Jun-09 11
SophieM
"No talking in the quiet coach"
SophieM, 26 of June of 2009 at 09:39

? I am on the train with Hitler ? Sitting in the quiet coach en route to Leeds. Couple a few seats upo were hving a normal conversation, maybe a tad loud the way older people do, and got told off by...

Mr JK, saturday 27-Jun-09 26
N
AIBU?
Nooniepie, 22 of June of 2009 at 17:13

My first AIBU. Names changed to protect the stupid. I have a work meeting on Wednesday 200 miles away from home. Head Office told us that this meeting was going to take place a few weeks ago but we...

Mrs S Smith, tuesday 23-Jun-09 41
Roobarb
Will shoe shops measure adults for shoes? And can anyone recommend supportive but nice shoes?
Roobarb, 17 of June of 2009 at 10:01

I posted last week about my terribly sore feet. I noticed they were much better ie not sore at all when I was able to just walk around the house barefoot/in socks so it leads me to think that it's my...

Roobarb, thursday 18-Jun-09 4
Hubble
lucky charms - do you have one - should i bin mine?!
Hubble, 12 of June of 2009 at 19:44

There is a little lizard brooch in my family which my mother wore when i was born and when my brothers were born for luck and then it was passed on to me for when i got married and my dress maker...

minerva, saturday 13-Jun-09 3
I love shoes
AIBU? charity donation
I love shoes, 12 of June of 2009 at 08:50

My bro is doing the london to brighton cycle ride next weekend for BHF H doesnt agree with charity donations (no idea why - cant get it out of him) I sponsored my bro £20 from the joint account as it...

Roobarb, friday 12-Jun-09 22
Dr Doo.Little
AIBU to feel hurt, but I feel hurt anyway
Dr Doo.Little, 9 of June of 2009 at 15:23

For anyone that remembers the whole male best friend saga - short version for those who don't know the background, been mates with this guy for 10 years, he started seeing his girlfriend 4 years ago...

Champagne, tuesday 9-Jun-09 22
L
Getting to London City Airport help please
Lurker, 8 of June of 2009 at 19:34

I am due to fly from here on the Sat 20th (10am check in) and am coming from Surrey. I was planning on getting to London Bridge, Jubilee Line to the DLR, then DLR to London City...however the Jubilee...

Lurker, monday 8-Jun-09 2
Flowery the Grouch
Compulsory MMR?
Flowery the Grouch, 3 of June of 2009 at 10:26

What do htchers think? Should children have to prove they have had all their MMRs (initial injection and boosters) before being allowed to go to school. I think i am torn between community...

minerva, thursday 4-Jun-09 63
H
Tell me of your sports bra, large of chest ladies
Headless Lois, 2 of June of 2009 at 12:28

I am literally ballooning, now a 36G, I swear there is no way I can swim underwater any more because my breasts would keep me afloat. Anyway, stuff swimming, I am running again and the wire popped out...

jelly baby, tuesday 2-Jun-09 23
RuthG
Help! Can I get my money back....
RuthG, 29 of May of 2009 at 13:04

I bought a camera through an online retailer who have now gone into liquidation. I had already previously agreed a refund with them prior to liquidation, will I get the money back?

RuthG, saturday 30-May-09 11
Hepburn
Verucca (yuk)
Hepburn, 29 of May of 2009 at 10:38

I've been swimming for 2 weeks and have already got a verucca, I've not had one since I was at school but it's def a verucca ☹️ Popping to the chemist to get some treatment at lunch. But how do I...

rufus, friday 29-May-09 14
cherry_bomb
WWYD re colleague lateness
cherry_bomb, 28 of May of 2009 at 09:42

I have a colleague who is almost always a bit late for work - not significantly late, but around 5-10 minutes every day. When she does arrive, the first thing she does is get herself some breakfast...

minerva, thursday 28-May-09 13
Mrs S Smith
Thanks for all your advice re: annual leave day
Mrs S Smith, 27 of May of 2009 at 12:42

As it happens, I can't have the day off. Not even the morning.. I came in citing the plumbing idea; pipe's gone etc etc. Well, manager 1 is fine with it, but had to check with other 2 who are out of...

Mrs S Smith, wednesday 27-May-09 6
em-ster
AIBU - Kids in gym changing area / showers...
em-ster, 17 of May of 2009 at 15:08

Now, I'm not normally one to grumble and can totally appreciate parental needs, but can I run this you? I go to a fairly 'nice' gym with good wet and dry facilities which attract family membership. I...

Hecate, tuesday 19-May-09 184
DaisyDaisy
Red veins on the face, can they be toned down?
DaisyDaisy, 21 of April of 2009 at 20:12

I have a patch of red broken veins on the top of my nose (after several breaks the bone kind of sticks up, and I have to knock it back in, which has resulted, over time in a patch of broken veins,...

DaisyDaisy, wednesday 22-Apr-09 13
Mrs Magic
(Somewhat hypothetical) friend and wedding dilema
Mrs Magic, 21 of April of 2009 at 13:46

I'll try to be brief but you probably know it's not one of my better traits. It obviously didn't work and my arm hurts now ? One of my best friends was my bridesmaid and she is getting married in...

Kafi, wednesday 22-Apr-09 25

General groups

Hitched article topics