Bag of Bones
Bag of Bones

United Kingdom · From October 2004

• Beginner

Discussions

Bag of Bones
Must do/see places in Bruges please
Bag of Bones, 16 of September of 2012 at 11:24

...I'm off there next weekend with my brother and Dad to celebrate his 70th birthday. Dad's still only 75% fit after breaking his leg earlier this year so we won't be up for too much walking around....

Ali_G, sunday 16-Sep-12 358
Bag of Bones
Long shot - did any Hitcher get married in Windsor yesterday?
Bag of Bones, 5 of August of 2012 at 09:01

...and have a horse and carrige ride down the Long Walk? BoB x

xlovebirdsx, sunday 5-Aug-12 2
Bag of Bones
Bristol people - are we mad re: Banksy exhibition?
Bag of Bones, 12 of August of 2009 at 09:36

I really want to see the Banksy exhibition but will struggle to get to Bristol until the last day of the show which is Bank Holiday Monday (31st). I've heard it's been crazy busy so wondered are we...

KJB, sunday 16-Aug-09 5
Bag of Bones
Anybody else having issues with Paypal?
Bag of Bones, 26 of June of 2009 at 16:59

Two transactions this week have screwed up - one was me paying for a Fleabay item, the other a Hitcher paying me for something. The help section is rubbish too. Anybody else having issues?

3d jewellery, friday 26-Jun-09 229
Petal
Things to do in North Devon?
Petal, 14 of May of 2009 at 19:24

Hi Just wondering if you had any tips for what to do in North Devon? We are going to Ilfracombe for 1 week next week and I wanted to make the most of our time there (just me and my H). We are open to...

decibelle, friday 15-May-09 5
jerseymonkey
Amusing books
jerseymonkey, 14 of May of 2009 at 13:53

My book group wants to read an amusing book for a change but we're struggling to think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas? We're thinking maybe something which isn't 'comedy', but is amusing...

poshpaws, saturday 16-May-09 30
DaisyDaisy
can anyone recommend a ..er health farm..
DaisyDaisy, 14 of May of 2009 at 12:36

..is that what they're called? Surely spas are just pampery things, or is it a spa? I want to go somewhere in the south east (pref) for a long weekend where I can do fit things and torture myself in...

DaisyDaisy, thursday 14-May-09 8
Bag of Bones
X Posted - Picnic locations in Watford area
Bag of Bones, 30 of March of 2009 at 09:12

We're planning a picnic for the late May Bank Holiday weekend and need a suitable location for 3 sets of twins and 2 babies (all children under 1) and associated parents. Somewhere free or cheap to...

*ginni of the lamp*, tuesday 31-Mar-09 7
Chicken
Cyclist on pavement
Chicken, 27 of March of 2009 at 09:51

I had a row with a bloke this morning. Was walking to tube station and sorting out my ipod when I heard a bell. Man in 50s is cycling on pavement towards me. Made me jump and the first words out of my...

stafoo, monday 30-Mar-09 44
Bag of Bones
Mental Health & Wasting Police Time
Bag of Bones, 12 of March of 2009 at 15:35

Does anybody know what would constitute grounds for charging somebody for wasting police time? If, for example, this person was suffering delusions and paranoia and regularly writing letters to the...

*LJ, thursday 12-Mar-09 11
B
Trick or Treating - do you agree with it?
bobbly1, 31 of October of 2008 at 11:43

I took my son a couple of times when he was a lot younger (just to local friends and neighbours), but now he is 10, I have said that he is too old for it, as it I feel it is not "cute" at that age and...

majix, saturday 1-Nov-08 121
Lumpy Golightly
I need reading material - any recommendations?
Lumpy Golightly, 19 of October of 2008 at 09:17

I'm away for a week soon and have no idea what I'm going to take to read. I like all sorts other than chick lit and detective fiction really, but recent faves have been The Kite Runner and The Book...

policefox lyn, monday 20-Oct-08 32
Bag of Bones
Is this rude? Sweet chesnut related
Bag of Bones, 19 of October of 2008 at 17:27

We have a large front garden with a sweet chestnut tree on it. It's dropping it's *fruit* aplenty at the moment but MrBoB & I haven't got round to raking any up yet so the whole lawn is pretty...

Bag of Bones, sunday 19-Oct-08 2
Zo�
If you could stay in any hotel in the UK where would you stay?
Zo�, 8 of October of 2008 at 09:58

If you had the choice to stay anywhere you could for 2 nights in the UK where would you choose? Im partly curious and partly looking for inspiration for somewhere to stay for our first anniversary...

Tilly Floss, wednesday 8-Oct-08 20
Spring
Something has messed in my house. UPDATE!!!
Spring, 25 of September of 2008 at 12:01

I don't know what it is. I only have a tortoise and i know it's not that. There's a big shit in my front room ? Guess what my H found behind the piano?? A big white cat. Poor thing was a bit scared...

Peaches, thursday 25-Sep-08 129
Meep
Crowded House
Meep, 21 of September of 2008 at 20:35

We went to see them on tour last year, November in Glasgow. They were selling CDs of the performance but we didn't bother to buy it thinking the quality wouldn't be great. Turns out a firend who was...

RedB, monday 22-Sep-08 9
Crantock
Being late for work - is it acceptable these days?
Crantock, 17 of September of 2008 at 11:00

I work in a team of 3. I start at 8am, and I'm at work by 7.40am every day (to ensure I have time to eat my breakfast and have a coffee!). One of my colleagues starts at 9am, the other at 9.30 (her...

Sah, thursday 18-Sep-08 158
Mrs Magic
How often do you speak to your parents?
Mrs Magic, 11 of September of 2008 at 17:50

I've just got my mum to tend with and I love her to bits (as my thread on bt yesterday shows!) but I'm struggling with the amount of time she wants to spend chatting to me every day. While she was...

Buttons, friday 12-Sep-08 60
MightyQuin
Next 10 songs on your MP3 player?
MightyQuin, 10 of September of 2008 at 19:21

Always amusing (especially mine!) 1. Love Ain't Gonna Wait for You - S Club ? 2. Tears on My Pillow - Kylie Minogue ? 3. Darkshines - Muse 4. Sober - Muse 5. Uncomfortably Slow - Newton Faulkner 6....

jeannie.h, wednesday 10-Sep-08 6
AnnaBanana
This LHC experiment....
AnnaBanana, 10 of September of 2008 at 08:38

I find it terribly fascinating but completely incomprehensible (and a little scary) I know its a momentous experiment but part of me thinks some of the things they want to find out about are so...

Old Nick Esq., wednesday 10-Sep-08 44
Iris
Faux letter amnesty
Iris, 8 of July of 2008 at 20:57

Dear Hitchers Roll up, roll up. Join this one night only opportunity to tell someone what you really think of them by the medium of the faux letter. Normal service resumes tomorrow, but for...

Redbedhead, thursday 10-Jul-08 110 1
J
Who would you not add on Facebook?
JenB, 16 of April of 2008 at 15:29

I've just had a friend request from the MIL. That's okay, I don't mind her so much, just that I know that once she's added me (or I've added her), then the SIL will want added adn that's just a step...

Clairebecky, wednesday 16-Apr-08 27
I love shoes
Bear Grylls....
I love shoes, 13 of April of 2008 at 20:21

Hmmmmmm? tasty tasty man Sorry

Bag of Bones, monday 14-Apr-08 7
Mrs Magic
Have you met 'proper' friends on hitched?
Mrs Magic, 2 of April of 2008 at 17:02

Friends you call on in a crisis, who you would do anything for and will be in your life for a long time sort of friends I have and I really count myself lucky. While I was slicing potatoes before (?)...

Hungry Caterpillar, thursday 3-Apr-08 160
Mal
Asthma sufferers / Prednisolone
Mal, 1 of April of 2008 at 21:58

Fuck me. I've not been on steroids for ages and I had forgotten how much of a pig they make me. I only had my dinner about 2 hours ago and now I am tucking into more toast. I must have had about half...

Giraffe Wife, wednesday 2-Apr-08 17
Smiley
Anyone been on holiday to Santander or Bilbao?
Smiley, 30 of March of 2008 at 16:51

I am looking to book a holiday for myself, MrS and our LO. Now I am terrified of flying, I usually go on holiday to Spain by coach [:I] but I dont think it is good idea dragging a 1 year old on a 36...

Bag of Bones, monday 31-Mar-08 16
Pop Up Pundit
Runners Updates
Pop Up Pundit, 30 of March of 2008 at 13:57

Hello fellow runners - come and tell your Auntie PuP about this week's running successes, injuries and challenges. I got unbelievably wet and demoralised this morning, grinding out 15 soggy miles in...

Headless Lois, monday 31-Mar-08 52

General groups

Hitched article topics