• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

15 of August of 2006

6487days 20hours

Discussions

HaloHoney
Cheap but nice Cava?
HaloHoney, 24 of August of 2009 at 09:41

I'm looking for some bubbly for a christening - needs to be for about 60 people. Does anyone know of any nice Cava (sainbuggers, Tesco and the like) that is under £4 a bottle? How many bottles would I...

HaloHoney, monday 24-Aug-09 2
jerseymonkey
Please inspire me - dull veg box selection
jerseymonkey, 21 of August of 2009 at 12:48

My veg box selection is boring me this week - all suggestions for tasty meals appreciated. Preferably using the veg in things mostly rather than as side dishes as the child won't eat veg by itself...

Spamboule, friday 21-Aug-09 11
leni
New York Visa Question
leni, 17 of August of 2009 at 14:08

We go to New York in December and our travel agent has told us we need a visa to enter the USA. But when we have looked online is says we can use a Visitors Waver Visa, we mentioned this the Travel...

Michpuss, monday 17-Aug-09 6
L
Sorry, another cookery question -sausage casserole
LittlePeanut, 14 of August of 2009 at 18:55

(I really am no cook and haven't cooked for ages, so please bear with me). I was going to do sausage casserole tonight but realise I have no mushrooms and no red wine, and all my recipes call for...

Zo�, friday 14-Aug-09 7
shoegal01
Do you use any other forums?
shoegal01, 13 of August of 2009 at 20:01

Well do you?!!? I am also on a film forum, a cookery forum and i lurk on YAYW but never post Just wondered if anyone else visits any other forums and if so what ones or if you are all faithful to...

Tillybean, sunday 16-Aug-09 48
badkitti*
Dress a teacher post
badkitti*, 21 of July of 2009 at 17:45

Ok, so new job coming up - budget about 200 GBP- need a wardrobe for an identity and to teach in. No requirement for a suit but would like to always look smart as habitually scruffy. Mix and match...

spinster chick, friday 24-Jul-09 4
Gryfon
Any sewers around?
Gryfon, 21 of July of 2009 at 15:56

I bought a dress at the weekend which is lovely but it's too loose around the neckline. I've put some darts in the back aready as it was gaping at the top, which has sorted that. Across the bust it's...

SophieM, tuesday 21-Jul-09 4
Lillythepink
HRML - should I go out tonight?
Lillythepink, 21 of July of 2009 at 15:51

I've been invited out with the people I used to work with for end-of-term drinkies. Should I go? ? in advance. ? I'm so rubbish

Emma217, tuesday 21-Jul-09 4
R-A
Hitched and RL musings
R-A, 21 of June of 2009 at 16:35

So after 2 1/2 years hanging around here I met my first Hitcher yesterday - didn't get made into slippers ? - and it's got me thinking. I haven't got any Hitchers as friends on FB (I'm not on...

jelly baby, monday 22-Jun-09 49
Cosmopolitan
How did you find Hitched?
Cosmopolitan, 21 of June of 2009 at 20:16

RA's post got me thinking. Did everybody come here to plan their wedding? I initially joined when helping to plan a friends wedding. Then I've recently come back now that I'm engaged. Did everybody...

English Girl in Bang, monday 22-Jun-09 27
Chel
anyone work for flybe? (or use them a lot?)
Chel, 20 of June of 2009 at 15:12

Hiya we're flying on an internal uk flight on tuesday and i've just been checking on the hand luggage requirements. we have a small trolley case but it's 3cm taller than their limit, although all...

Micky, saturday 20-Jun-09 4
Maxi
What would be your ultimate holiday destination and why?
Maxi, 19 of June of 2009 at 23:38

This is pie in the sky for me for the foreseable but H and I were discussing tonight where we go if money were no object. My first reply was Colorado - Maine. For the only reason that it is 'one of...

cherry pie, monday 22-Jun-09 37
pinkjay
Fundraising Events - help please - suggestions
pinkjay, 18 of June of 2009 at 11:52

I have helped set up a fundraising group for Marie Curie in my local area, we have a meeting next week and we have to bring ideas of fundraising events we could organise / run. My mind is at a blank!...

pinkjay, thursday 18-Jun-09 7
R
Difficult time due to bullying- career change - any teachers would appreciate your advice
rah, 17 of June of 2009 at 17:07

Hi there, I've recently resigned from my job due to being bullied by my line manager despite trying to deal with this and following the proper procedure things got worse, not better and after the HR...

rah, friday 19-Jun-09 8
cherry_bomb
Holiday reading recommendations?
cherry_bomb, 17 of June of 2009 at 15:18

Has anyone got any recommendations for good books they've read lately - I went into Waterstones to look for some holiday reading but as I didn't really have anything in mind couldn't make a decision...

Houdini, wednesday 17-Jun-09 11
MrsD
Doncaster - Where's nice to eat/drink?
MrsD, 12 of June of 2009 at 17:40

I'm off to the night races at Doncaster on 26th June and after last year's semi-disaster, am after some decent places to eat and drink. The highlight of last year's trip was watching the paramedics...

MrsD, saturday 13-Jun-09 10
SophieM
Dinner thread
SophieM, 11 of June of 2009 at 16:27

Enough of the technology, people. What's for supper? I am having toasted polenta with black mushrooms cooked with garlic and pancetta, and salad.

alison76, thursday 11-Jun-09 32
jessica.rabbit
Dinner
jessica.rabbit, 9 of June of 2009 at 18:04

What's everyone having? I'm thinking it's going to be chicken fajitas here!!

CharlieDaisy, tuesday 9-Jun-09 10
Westy
What have been your favourite presents recently?
Westy, 9 of June of 2009 at 16:43

I'm going shopping tonight to buy birthday presents for very close female friends. 1. 31 years old with a 3 year old - love cooking, make up, houset things and wine! 2. 26 years old, married, no...

Westy, tuesday 9-Jun-09 5
Z
Long shot - Anyone ever lived in/know about Abu Dhabi?
Zez, 20 of May of 2009 at 15:41

My H has the possibility of a job out there (currently a remote possibility but i like to be prepared). I'd be moving out there as a stay at home mum with a 3.5 and 1.5 year old. Can anyone tell me...

glider12000, wednesday 20-May-09 1
E
Sorry another travel Q - Copenhagen costs
Emma217, 18 of May of 2009 at 17:28

I am off to Copenhagen and keep getting stories about how expensive it is. On Trip Advisor there are no real answers for me as most people are commenting on the cost of burgers etc. Has anyone been...

bostongirl, monday 18-May-09 5
E
If you see just one thing in New York...
Emma217, 16 of May of 2009 at 17:03

I have a flight stopover in New York. I'll have 4 hours for sightseeing after taking into account generous transport times to and from the airport. I have never been to NY and am unlikely to do so in...

Emma217, monday 18-May-09 23
texasgirl26
Flying with Jet 2
texasgirl26, 17 of May of 2009 at 17:14

We need to get some flights to Spain (Alicante) as we have just booked a villa about an hours drive away for a week at the end of August. The choice of flights is coming down to Easyjet or Jet 2 as we...

Royalty, monday 18-May-09 6
NeoShoegal
Any Sheffield people about?
NeoShoegal, 17 of May of 2009 at 12:00

If so, can any of you recommend a good place to get a deep tissue massage? Or any mobile massage therapists?

Emma217, sunday 17-May-09 2
M
Restraining Order / ASBO
Mrs JMP, 8 of May of 2009 at 18:33

Anyone heard of or even know if it's possible for a Parent to have one of these placed on them to prevent them entering school grounds/area? This Parent has verbally abused & intimidated other...

Mrs JMP, friday 8-May-09 3
Travel agent help needed
**excited**, 4 of May of 2009 at 13:46

We booked a holiday at the end of last year for July this year, we paid the balance off last month, if we were to cancel tomorrow, how much of the money would we get back please, if any. Travel the...

Sare, monday 4-May-09 8
E
Restaurant recs - Morecambe and Ambleside please
Emma217, 16 of April of 2009 at 15:50

Heading up to the Lakes this weekend. Does anyone have any recs for either of these places please? Fish/seafood (cockles!) is preferable in Morecambe. Thanks.

kath79, thursday 16-Apr-09 5
F
Are parents allowed to withdraw their children from SATs?
Fimble, 16 of April of 2009 at 12:27

I have a feeling SATs will be scrapped by the time this is relevant to me but just pondering... are parents allowed to say that they do not want their children to sit SATs? I know most teachers are...

Lumpy Golightly, thursday 16-Apr-09 21
SophieM
Guess my dinner
SophieM, 15 of April of 2009 at 17:02

Loml is cooking tonight - I have no idea what. Hitcher who guesses the closest wins a virtual creme egg. What's everyone else having?

feathers, wednesday 15-Apr-09 22

General groups

Hitched article topics