badgermonkey

United Kingdom · From November 2005

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

10 of August of 2006

6476days 14hours

Discussions

ashke_again
What's your average spend on food in a month?
ashke_again, 30 of July of 2009 at 18:00

Just trying to work out budgets and looking at the last few months we're probably spending nearly £260 (on average) on food for 2 of us. That's a bit much isn't it? Caught the start of the article on...

PoppetK, saturday 1-Aug-09 64
baublegirl
Half marathon - ten weeks to train. Any advice?
baublegirl, 30 of July of 2009 at 13:38

Have just been accepted for the Royal Parks half in October. Have only re-started running a week ago after having a baby 7 weeks ago, and will be happy to just to get round I'm not desperate to get a...

Lalu, friday 31-Jul-09 16
Old Nick Esq.
Does anyone use Spotify?
Old Nick Esq., 30 of July of 2009 at 11:39

After a little furtling to get it to speak to Pulse, I have the client running in Wine. It's..... Not bad, a bit like Youtube used to be, but without the videos. This week I've been popping in an...

Sah, thursday 30-Jul-09 6
Mrs Magic
Wootton Basset - repatriation of deseased troops
Mrs Magic, 28 of July of 2009 at 14:58

It started with the locals, along with former troops and the British Legion. It was seen as a beautiful mark of respect. Then as word spread, more and more arrived to pay their respects. Then along...

Old Nick Esq., wednesday 29-Jul-09 29
R-A
Would you/do you wear charity shop clothes?
R-A, 29 of July of 2009 at 13:17

We have been a 'second hand family' my whole life. Be it from cousins, siblings, neighbours, charity shops or boot sales, as a child I hardly ever wore something new and thought nothing of it. These...

tahiti, thursday 30-Jul-09 60
Flowery the Grouch
the new Doctor, in character
Flowery the Grouch, 20 of July of 2009 at 09:19

What do we think, boys and girls? (from https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/cult/a166168/first-pic-of-the-new-doctor-and-companion/) I'm liking, I think. I'm quite willing to trust the writers, for a couple...

badgermonkey, monday 20-Jul-09 11
Hyacinth
Following on from the 80s wedding thread
Hyacinth, 20 of July of 2009 at 13:09

What do you think our kids will laugh at from our noughties weddings? my vote is fascinators. Take them out of the fashion as we know them and you will have rows of wedding guests in pictures with...

Hepburn, thursday 23-Jul-09 15
badgermonkey
Best Freecycle offer ever!
badgermonkey, 17 of July of 2009 at 10:01

From my local Freecycle list today: OFFER: Custard Five gallon catering container of ready to serve custard.Ideal for someone who likes custard.Use by date May 2010. Now, I do like custard...but do I...

tahdah, friday 17-Jul-09 2 789
fox-in-socks
is anyone else feeling over whelmed?
fox-in-socks, 16 of July of 2009 at 15:40

I don't feel I'm coping very well at the moment. I've just written down all the things that are on my mind / I'm worried about. most of them are probably totally insignificant but somehow i just can't...

fox-in-socks, friday 17-Jul-09 22
tahdah
Please can I have an 'OMG'!
tahdah, 12 of July of 2009 at 16:12

This morning after 2 and a half years unsuccessfully hunting for a home (every time losing out to investors, developers etc.), we finally got the call today...on a sunday...to say that our offer had...

spinster chick, sunday 12-Jul-09 7
badgermonkey
Shameless smuggery (Race for Life related)
badgermonkey, 12 of July of 2009 at 13:17

Just come back from doing Race for Life - I was always going to run it but it's the first race I've ever been in (I only started running in March after never doing any exercise before). Anyway, there...

LizBjk, sunday 12-Jul-09 9
Copper
"Swine" Flu, has it affected you or those close to you yet?
Copper, 2 of July of 2009 at 18:20

The BBC has just reported that there could be 100,000 new cases per day at it's peak throughout August. It is expected to affect millions of us by the end of the year. It doesn't surprise me though. I...

jerseymonkey, friday 3-Jul-09 56
Chicken
Exercise today at 7pm
Chicken, 2 of July of 2009 at 11:58

Will I die? There will be lots of outdoor running involved. Is it too hot?

Mrs Winkle, thursday 2-Jul-09 9
badgermonkey
What's your song of the summer right now?
badgermonkey, 2 of July of 2009 at 09:43

I am currently loving Zorbing by a new band called Stornoway - you can hear it here: /track/ I saw them on the BBC Glasto coverage and fell in love with this song. I must have listened to it six times...

~~~liz~~~, thursday 2-Jul-09 21 1,556
Flump
What are you wearing today?
Flump, 1 of July of 2009 at 10:32

My wardrobe is so tired - inspire me with your fabulous summery ensembles! I'm wearing a veeeery old Ted Baker pale denim skirt with some floral patchwork stitched on top (sounds lush hey ?), a peachy...

tahiti, thursday 2-Jul-09 69
Lillythepink
What has made you laugh or smile this week?
Lillythepink, 1 of July of 2009 at 08:37

1) Boris Becker's pronunciation of the word "wimbledon" 2) WTP's imitation of the above. So what good news for you? What silliness? What japes?

Sunset21, thursday 2-Jul-09 29
em-ster
Want to see my new bespoke bookcase? (small things etc...)
em-ster, 29 of June of 2009 at 21:44

My brother in law finished making and installing this ages ago but it took a good few weeks of cajoling H to get it sanded and glossed...

MD, wednesday 1-Jul-09 10
Loop
Any such thing as an 'exercise tracker' website? I want to record my exercise..
Loop, 29 of June of 2009 at 11:29

Basically to ensure that I actually get into the habit of doing some... ? My thinking is that if I can find a website that I need to log my exercise on every day (wishful thinking...) or rather after...

shooting star, monday 6-Jul-09 1
N
Drinks missed off restaurant bill - WWYD?
nutfluff, 25 of June of 2009 at 13:29

Having just been in a training thing about business ethics, one example situation they suggested was getting the bill at the end of a meal but they had forgotten to add on the drinks - would you say...

badgermonkey, thursday 25-Jun-09 22
Hyacinth
Do you ever wake up angry?
Hyacinth, 22 of June of 2009 at 21:05

I have been fuming all day. Everey time so has spoken to me, I've felt like biting their head off. My Dad dropped in to visit and I probably didn't make him as welcome as I should/ would usually. I am...

Hyacinth, tuesday 23-Jun-09 19
catcat
Running gear for a chunkster like me...
catcat, 20 of June of 2009 at 22:54

Need to do exercise.... but with a hussive chest am quite broad, and about a size 18 currently I am struggling to find any nice flattering and comfy sports clothes... would like something in...

catcat, monday 22-Jun-09 3
Knownowt
Small things that make you happy
Knownowt, 19 of June of 2009 at 07:38

I've just bought a new dressing gown- it's a waffle one from the White Company and it's LOVELY. Just putting it on makes me feel like I'm a White Co catalogue dweller, surrounded by crisp linen and...

lyni, wednesday 22-Jul-09 74
badgermonkey
Running kleek -one good run, one bad one?
badgermonkey, 19 of June of 2009 at 17:27

I've been running for a few months now and am following a training plan from Runners World to train for a 5k (OK, it's Race for Life, but I'm taking it very seriously!). As per the plan I did a 6 mile...

kath79, saturday 20-Jun-09 4
badgermonkey
FND thread anyone?
badgermonkey, 19 of June of 2009 at 20:01

H is off away this weekend and I am vegging on the settee, trying to watch all my stuff on the Sky box and trying to resist the siren call of the rest of the bag of Kettle Chips! I have wine, too. I'm...

badgermonkey, friday 19-Jun-09 376
badgermonkey
Anyone else suffering from colleague rage?
badgermonkey, 18 of June of 2009 at 19:07

Every day for the last couple of weeks now I have come home fuming because of one of my colleagues being a complete twunt. We usually get on really well, and when we talk one-on-one we still get on...

Mr JK, friday 19-Jun-09 7
lyni
Someone stole my lunch at work
lyni, 18 of June of 2009 at 14:30

I went to get my sandwich and yogurt out the fridge at lunch and the sandwich had gone but not the yogurt. WWYD?

Eric, friday 19-Jun-09 25
Sunset21
Grrr chunky thighs are such a curse..
Sunset21, 18 of June of 2009 at 16:19

I had a few hours on my own today and went on the hunt for some white linen trousers, i've convinced myself i'd look lovely in some with a navy strappy top I have and sparkly flip flops. I got some in...

ooh la la, friday 19-Jun-09 25
Daffy B
Vanity/looking in the mirror
Daffy B, 12 of June of 2009 at 14:39

Slightly random musing...yesterday I was at work and decided to put on some lip balm. As I was doing so I realised that I hadn't looked in the mirror all day, and that it was about 11am. I had to go...

NightOwl, friday 12-Jun-09 13
MissL
Done to death I know, but...Race for Life training and losing a gut.....
MissL, 12 of June of 2009 at 12:46

I'm doing Race for Life in July and don't feel like I'm getting any further forward with training for it so could do with some advice. Up until about two months ago I did no exercise at all.....I am...

badgermonkey, friday 12-Jun-09 6

General groups

Hitched article topics