• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

16 of June of 2008

5817days 16hours

Discussions

Platty
Oh dear....
Platty, 2 of September of 2009 at 10:00

As some of you may or may not know I am off to uni in a few weeks and I have signed up to this social online thing called "yougo". Its a kind of facebook thing that UCAS have set up and I've had 1 or...

Spamboule, wednesday 2-Sep-09 15
macca
Medics/Science bods - passive cannabis inhalation? Also housing/ASBO experts
macca, 26 of August of 2009 at 00:10

We've lived in our current flat for almost 3 years. Its a Housing Association property, and our downstairs neighbours are tenants of the same HA. We noticed the odd weed smell very occasionally since...

Shiny, thursday 27-Aug-09 12
titchbunny
People never fail to surprise me...
titchbunny, 21 of August of 2009 at 17:51

I was in my local butchers this afternoon when the lady infront of me asked for 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts, the butcher took 2 breasts off the tray and skinned them and trimmed them, she...

titchbunny, saturday 22-Aug-09 19
Hawhaw
Suspecting someone is lying. Just a vent.
Hawhaw, 19 of August of 2009 at 19:51

Ok so I know this is going to be very vague and I apologise. This person has claimed that they have had a huge tragedy in their life, but in my opinion, things aren't adding up. I know that people...

Kazmerelda, thursday 20-Aug-09 9
R-A
Things I wish my mother/big sister/aunt had told me
R-A, 19 of August of 2009 at 14:32

So, for about 10 years my little sister has been asking me endless questions - about periods, sex, cystitis, her pill, whether she's dying from 'flu, how to help her friend with anorexia etc etc. And...

R-A, thursday 20-Aug-09 43
L
Tell me about halloumi
LittlePeanut, 19 of August of 2009 at 10:11

Okay, so it's taken me 38 years to discover this ?. I've had it at a local cafe for lunch a couple of times and I think it's just fab. So, I've bought some from Tesco, and as far as I can tell I just...

Flump, wednesday 19-Aug-09 17
MrsMcB2B
Completely un-cheesy readings for wedding ceremony (X Posted)
MrsMcB2B, 14 of August of 2009 at 19:36

I need help! My man doesn't want any readings other than the legal minimum for our wedding ceremony. He's not in the slightest bit sentimental and doesn't want any hint of fluff. Now I don't want...

Faruk, sunday 20-Mar-22 30
shoegal01
Do you use any other forums?
shoegal01, 13 of August of 2009 at 20:01

Well do you?!!? I am also on a film forum, a cookery forum and i lurk on YAYW but never post Just wondered if anyone else visits any other forums and if so what ones or if you are all faithful to...

Tillybean, sunday 16-Aug-09 48
Redbedhead
Redundancy consultation rights
Redbedhead, 10 of August of 2009 at 19:58

I have checked on the BERR website but can find nothing relevant with regards to employees rights to taking leave while on consultation for redundancy. Background is that H is on 90 days consultation....

Redbedhead, tuesday 11-Aug-09 5
S
Do you say yes when you mean no?
shooting star, 10 of August of 2009 at 14:14

I find I'm getting better at saying no when I don't want to do something. Still not great at it though. H on the other hand, would never do anything he didn't want to! A good friend of ours asked H to...

shooting star, monday 10-Aug-09 5
Knownowt
Back off, girls- I saw him first
Knownowt, 7 of August of 2009 at 14:50

Https://findingmygoddess.com I especially like "She has a trim waistline (as do all four Goddesses above). Alternatively, if her waistline is ALMOST (but not quite) trim, she is willing to trim it...

Ellena, saturday 8-Aug-09 31
summer_sparkles
SIL2B...had enough - UPDATED!
summer_sparkles, 6 of August of 2009 at 10:51

I'm furious with my future SIL, but I can't confront her for reasons I'll say in a minute so I thought I would vent on here before I explode and make the situation worse. Background: Some people may...

shooting star, friday 7-Aug-09 21
bluebella
The Lovely Bones
bluebella, 5 of August of 2009 at 08:57

Yay, the movie trailer has just been released, im so excited to see this, the book was fantastic: enjoy! http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thelovelybones/large.html xx

WifeyLind, wednesday 5-Aug-09 13
Sunset21
A 'my husband is a thoughtless twunt' post..
Sunset21, 2 of August of 2009 at 09:53

I've been ill since Wednesday, i've struggled on and still had to look after MissSun. I thought I was getting better but last night I was up half the night with severe stomach pain and erm, slightly...

Sparkley, monday 3-Aug-09 7
Gryfon
Has anyone here got a dehydrator?
Gryfon, 31 of July of 2009 at 20:49

And if so do you use it lots? I keep wanting one and wondering whether it's worth it. Would use it to dry fruit for the children and possibly do some foods before we go camping so when we're starving...

shooting star, saturday 1-Aug-09 1
Hepburn
Hitched Knitters...
Hepburn, 29 of July of 2009 at 11:22

Are there any? Or is it just me?? x

Hepburn, wednesday 29-Jul-09 18
C
It's all come crashing down around me - Long and x-posted.
citychick, 28 of July of 2009 at 12:48

I've cancelled the wedding. At the weekend OH told me that he didn't have enough money to pay his share of the mortgage or bills next month. I thought this was a bit odd because he earns more than me...

seahag, tuesday 28-Jul-09 30
Helen**
Did you promise to Obey?
Helen**, 24 of July of 2009 at 15:04

I didn't, not a chance. But my best friend did, the vicar sold it to her and then she tried to sell it to me?. Also who wrote a wedding report on WP? Own up, I think I was to drunk by the end of the...

Mrs Magic, monday 27-Jul-09 95
GMT
Husband rant £$$%@*****
GMT, 27 of July of 2009 at 10:54

I have a silk Monsoon dress. It is supposed to be dry cleaned, but if you're careful you can get away with gentle handwashing, or simply sponging it. .... Husband: Is that dress hanging there waiting...

eponymous, monday 27-Jul-09 8
Livi
Home hair colouring help needed please
Livi, 24 of July of 2009 at 10:05

Hi I coloured my hair last night and not sure if I have created a disaster! I am naturally a mid brown colour and due to the grey starting to appear (grr) I colour it with a similar colour. However I...

Mexicana, sunday 26-Jul-09 9
S
I love the internet
shooting star, 25 of July of 2009 at 22:21

Our £260 camera got broken on holiday (LCD screen smashed and long out of warrenty) I tried to get it repaired and the cheapest quote I got was "£170 or more love!" an equivalent replacement is now...

shooting star, saturday 25-Jul-09 386
NeoShoegal
This is why I love the Internet
NeoShoegal, 20 of July of 2009 at 23:08

Nirvana vs Rick Astley ?

NeoShoegal, tuesday 21-Jul-09 3
Hyacinth
Following on from the 80s wedding thread
Hyacinth, 20 of July of 2009 at 13:09

What do you think our kids will laugh at from our noughties weddings? my vote is fascinators. Take them out of the fashion as we know them and you will have rows of wedding guests in pictures with...

Hepburn, thursday 23-Jul-09 15
wodger_woo
Over reaction to chain email?
wodger_woo, 19 of July of 2009 at 14:36

I've just checked my email. There was one from a girl I haven't seen/properly spoken to for ages. It was one of those HORRIFIC chain emails. I don't know why I read it, it made me want to eat my own...

Missus Jolly, sunday 19-Jul-09 8
G
The Time Travellers Wife
Gingey Wife, 14 of July of 2009 at 14:43

Just seen an advert for the film and have never read the book. Should I read the book first?

CBear, tuesday 14-Jul-09 19
leni
walking to meetings when you have a car
leni, 13 of July of 2009 at 11:24

I've got a meeting at 12 about a mile away and wanted to walk but my boss has questioned why as I have a car and therefore should maximise my time by reducing my travelling time. I can see her point...

shooting star, monday 13-Jul-09 6
flailing wildly
absolutely gobsmacked and fuming
flailing wildly, 13 of July of 2009 at 16:17

I went for a second interview recently for a job I really wanted, after which the company asked to contact my current and previous employer for references. However, as I didn't leave my previous...

Hyacinth, monday 13-Jul-09 17
Loop
Any such thing as an 'exercise tracker' website? I want to record my exercise..
Loop, 29 of June of 2009 at 11:29

Basically to ensure that I actually get into the habit of doing some... ? My thinking is that if I can find a website that I need to log my exercise on every day (wishful thinking...) or rather after...

shooting star, monday 6-Jul-09 1
Doughnut
Anyone else packing for Glastonbury?
Doughnut, 23 of June of 2009 at 21:25

I am tempted to use the little bouncy green man!

groomwithaview, wednesday 24-Jun-09 6
mummy2f
anyone taking alli?
mummy2f, 21 of June of 2009 at 21:33

Does it work?

Zebra, monday 22-Jun-09 25
Old Nick Esq.
Does anyone speak cat?
Old Nick Esq., 18 of June of 2009 at 10:09

I'm cat sitting. Apart from staying out till all hours, the cat in question won't shut up. It mews plaintively constantly. She's fed, watered, litter is changed and the window is open so she can come...

shooting star, thursday 18-Jun-09 6

General groups

Hitched article topics