Skip to main content
magicool
magicool

United Kingdom · From November 2005

Discussions

R
Long shot -anyone got OU Science PGCE books they'd like to sell?
rah, 16 of October of 2009 at 09:57

Hi there, ? As the title really, I'm just started my PGCE with the OU and am trying to spread the cost of buying all the books as money is tight. Or if anyone could recommend a place to get them...

Pittabre, tuesday 20-Oct-09 2
R
Teachers/ PGCE/ teacher training people?
rah, 14 of September of 2009 at 17:34

Hi there I've just found out that the OU are delaying the start date of my PGCE from Nov to Jan, and I'm really upset, I applied for this with plenty of time in June, and have done everything with...

Wicket, sunday 20-Sep-09 9
bettyb
Benefit busters
bettyb, 20 of August of 2009 at 21:03

Is anyone watching this? I saw the trailer for it earlier in the week and it looked good. I know they are going to deal with time wasters but I also hope there are some geniune people who want jobs,...

IWantOne, thursday 20-Aug-09 22
magicool
Stupid facebook updates
magicool, 20 of August of 2009 at 19:45

There is a whole website dedicated to stupids. Its hilarious! www.lamebook.com ?

Lumpy Golightly, thursday 20-Aug-09 5
Flowery the Grouch
Location x 3
Flowery the Grouch, 20 of August of 2009 at 11:33

Energy streams? WTF? it feels a "bit flat" but you could put something in the ground to clear it? Mad. Totally mad.

Smint, thursday 20-Aug-09 9
M
QQ re Smears
MrsB*star, 12 of August of 2009 at 09:02

I'm due a smear as I had an abnormal one after my daughter was born but I'm slightly confused about when to go. I know you're normally meant to go 2 weeks after your period but I've had the implant...

MrsB*star, wednesday 12-Aug-09 3
Bag of Bones
Bristol people - are we mad re: Banksy exhibition?
Bag of Bones, 12 of August of 2009 at 09:36

I really want to see the Banksy exhibition but will struggle to get to Bristol until the last day of the show which is Bank Holiday Monday (31st). I've heard it's been crazy busy so wondered are we...

KJB, sunday 16-Aug-09 5
L
Calling all teachers (secondary - current and 'retired')
LittlePeanut, 24 of July of 2009 at 16:30

Hi there. Just a few questions, if I may: How old were you when you trained? Did you find it easy enough to find a job when you qualified? And, if you left teaching, was it just stress, or pay, or...

LittlePeanut, friday 24-Jul-09 14
R
Anyone done an OU PGCE? Particularly science?
rah, 24 of July of 2009 at 14:38

Hi there, ? I have an interview for the OU Flexi-PGCE in Science, and I was wondering if anyone might be willing to share their experiences of it with me? I'm quite nervous about it all, especially...

rah, friday 24-Jul-09 3
SophieM
Interesting story re breastfeeding
SophieM, 20 of July of 2009 at 13:39

Http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article6718276.ece I suppose I should have posted this over there -------------> but it all seems to kick off a bit when this kind...

hazel, wednesday 22-Jul-09 107
H
Is this acceptable behaviour (child related)?
Headless Lois, 19 of July of 2009 at 12:35

Your three year old needs to go to the toilet while you're out shopping. You are surrounded by bars/restaurants/coffee shops, but you go the nearest drain and he wees there. Is that normal? L xx

Knownowt, monday 20-Jul-09 57
emma numbers
Huh? Facebook and NickJ question
emma numbers, 17 of July of 2009 at 17:57

I only have one hitcher friend on Facebook who doesn't appear to be a friend of NickJ* yet Facebook keeps suggesting that I add NickJ as a friend. How come Facebook has pulled him up as a suggested...

emma numbers, friday 17-Jul-09 3
magicool
NHS Choices- is it just a load of all balls?
magicool, 14 of July of 2009 at 19:15

Im confused by the NHS choices thing? Does anybody know anything about it. It says on their website that you have a choice of hospital (apart from in an emergency or for maternity care). So Im due to...

magicool, tuesday 14-Jul-09 352
Zebedee
passive-aggressive Facebook statuses
Zebedee, 8 of July of 2009 at 19:22

We've not had this for a while have we? Can I share these two from today: X - it must be so hard for those people who are perfect and who never make mistakes or put a foot wrong!!!!!!!!!!! Y - I wish...

PoppetK, saturday 11-Jul-09 53
Zo�
A get it off my chest and out in the open thread
Zo�, 25 of June of 2009 at 17:22

I just wanted to post this to help make it easier for me to be open and honest about the process with people. Right... I am having weightloss surgery. I have thought long and hard about it and have...

Beez, saturday 27-Jun-09 32
R
Difficult time due to bullying- career change - any teachers would appreciate your advice
rah, 17 of June of 2009 at 17:07

Hi there, I've recently resigned from my job due to being bullied by my line manager despite trying to deal with this and following the proper procedure things got worse, not better and after the HR...

rah, friday 19-Jun-09 8
C
Have been asked to see the nurse re: my smear test results: PANICKING!!!!
claire73, 16 of June of 2009 at 17:43

Hello i'm really sorry to post a woe is me post as i'm really only a lurker not a proper hitcher but i just need to tell someone!! my GP surgery left a message asking me to call to make an appointment...

bobbly1, tuesday 16-Jun-09 5
anjumanji
Blood Test - what might it be for? Update......Sneaky and underhand behaviour!
anjumanji, 19 of May of 2009 at 20:49

Hello, if someone was to go for a blood test, then have another one an hour or so later, would you have any idea what it might be for? The only thing I can think of, that may be under investigation,...

GMT, friday 22-May-09 80
R-A
The Hospital
R-A, 21 of April of 2009 at 21:07

Obesity this week... Lets see how this pans out then.

R-A, tuesday 21-Apr-09 27
hazel
Anyone watching the Hospital C4?
hazel, 7 of April of 2009 at 21:31

It's shocking. A girl was just given 10 times the dose of ketamine by mistake and had two cardiac arrests on camera. The docs were so under pressure. I really thought she was going to die but kept...

Mrs Winkle, tuesday 14-Apr-09 39
magicool
Anyone know anything about student finances or LEAs?
magicool, 4 of April of 2009 at 20:06

I am currently training to be a teacher and whilst I am in school I need childcare for my 2 children aged 3 and 1. My LEA has said Im not entitled to any help with childcare despite the fact it will...

magicool, sunday 5-Apr-09 19
magicool
AIBU- Other people washing your clothes
magicool, 21 of March of 2009 at 10:28

Am I the only person who really hates other people washing their clothes for them? We are staying with my ILs at the moment and my MIL has just gone into "our" bedroom and picked up my dirty clothes...

Puss, saturday 21-Mar-09 25 2,946
H
Gastric band or bypass!
hunnybirduk, 19 of March of 2009 at 12:47

I have been batterling my weight for years and years now and nothing seems to work ( I have honestly tryed) And this seems to be my only option i know its cheating but when all els fails what can i...

Mrs M, sunday 22-Mar-09 29
*Kitty*
Does your OH/H work away, how do you find it?
*Kitty*, 16 of March of 2009 at 13:01

My husband just left this morning for his 15 week training at the police college to be a police officer. He's away monday to friday and back at the weekends. Ok I admit, there were tears!! Ive never...

*Kitty*, tuesday 17-Mar-09 12
rrr
Poss sens... For those who choose not to have children
rrr, 17 of March of 2009 at 12:41

Afternoon. I find myself at a time in my life where lots of friends are starting a family. I have chosen to marry someone who doesn't want a family. I also have no strong desire to have children and...

NumbNuts, wednesday 18-Mar-09 96
Scottishterrier
would it bother you..
Scottishterrier, 16 of March of 2009 at 13:14

If you went to a wedding/event and all they had on the kids menu was chicken nuggets chips and beans? x

Hyacinth, tuesday 17-Mar-09 127
M
The real teletubbies...
mariets, 17 of March of 2009 at 12:23

Words fail me... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1162503/The-real-telly-tubbies-X-Factor-failures-83-stone-family-claim-simply-fat-work.html

Sparkley, tuesday 17-Mar-09 5
Roobarb
Pyjamas as daywear - wtf?
Roobarb, 13 of March of 2009 at 16:09

I've noticed a phenomenon recently round here of teenage girls and women walking about the streets in the daytime in their pyjamas, usually teamed with a pair of Ugg boots. WTF is that all about? It...

pinkjay, saturday 14-Mar-09 39
L
Anyone got a Brabantia 50 litre touch top bin?
lainie, 11 of March of 2009 at 23:16

If so, where is the Brabantia logo? ? Our lid broke and we threw it away, totally forgetting the guarantee...now they've asked where the logo is! Anyone able to have a quick look?

lainie, thursday 12-Mar-09 22
R-A
How does anyone ever afford to buy a house? (slightly ranty, sorry)
R-A, 9 of March of 2009 at 16:34

Honestly, I have no idea how anyone ever affords to buy a house. We were hoping to be able to move into our own place maybe sometime next year. Cheapest 2 bed flats around here are just under 200k. So...

R-A, friday 13-Mar-09 97

General groups

Hitched article topics