• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

23 of February of 2008

5925days 23hours

Discussions

Foo
Advice re: cancelled event
Foo, 3 of August of 2009 at 14:22

I've just found out that the festival I was due to go to in two weeks time has been cancelled. Instead of a refund, the organisers are sending out free tickets for next year. I don't want to go next...

Foo, monday 3-Aug-09 8
Consuela Banana Hammock
House buyers/sellers kleek in here!
Consuela Banana Hammock, 25 of July of 2009 at 19:49

Well we've had a pretty amazing weekend and I was wondering if anybody else out there had had any success? We put our house on the market on Monday, viewings started on Tuesday and today we accepted...

HaloHoney, tuesday 28-Jul-09 60
Carrie74
Our Mini is dead - but don't know what car to get now...
Carrie74, 16 of July of 2009 at 12:44

Our lovely Mini has crashed and burned - it pretty much needs a new engine which would be approximate to its value, so we've cut our losses, and sold it to the gararge that's been investigating it for...

Zooneycat, friday 17-Jul-09 27
Jingle
Can someone explain car insurance to me please?
Jingle, 15 of July of 2009 at 17:45

I am looking for a car and am having to obviously factor in insurance into the budget. i have been using confused.com as a reference. Now, when I put in that i have a provisional licence I am getting...

Jingle, thursday 16-Jul-09 9
The Beast
Financial experts - impossible to answer mortgage rate question
The Beast, 14 of July of 2009 at 14:04

I'm desperate to move house. We can't afford a massive increase on what we currently pay. However, I've found a house that would mean doubling our mortgage, which currently stands at 40k. Using the...

Carrie74, tuesday 14-Jul-09 11
Hugo Brambles
Any dressmakers about? QQ
Hugo Brambles, 10 of July of 2009 at 10:48

I have an evening gown which is about 2 inches too long. I have meaning to get it altered but haven't and the event is tomorrow night. I've rung round the dressmakers in my area and no-one can fit me...

Hugo Brambles, friday 10-Jul-09 10
Hugo Brambles
Cat advice
Hugo Brambles, 19 of June of 2009 at 10:20

The boy cat hates being brushed, he always has and consquently being a long hair cat, gets knots especially on his front area as he is a dribbler. I could cut them out fine but as soon as he sees the...

Ice Queen, friday 19-Jun-09 4
MrsB
elderflower cordial making disaster
MrsB, 17 of June of 2009 at 16:04

Just on the off chance that anyone knows... picked my flowers, soaked em for 3 (nearly 4) days as per recipe. stirred daily. just went to rescue them for the boiling and adding sugar bit and there was...

Annabel, thursday 18-Jun-09 5
The Beast
What were these called?
The Beast, 16 of June of 2009 at 15:03

The white chocolate buttons with hundreds and thousands on the top. I've just seen a packed called Jazzles but I'm sure they were called something else when we were kids. Anyone have any ideas?

Imelda, tuesday 16-Jun-09 14
alfie
Does anyone have a alfa romeo estate car
alfie, 8 of June of 2009 at 14:04

We are looking to but a estate car and have seen a alfa romeo 156 esstate car on auto trader. I was wondering if they have very big boot space as we need to put a double pushchair in the boot and also...

Annabel, monday 8-Jun-09
E
Sorry another travel Q - Copenhagen costs
Emma217, 18 of May of 2009 at 17:28

I am off to Copenhagen and keep getting stories about how expensive it is. On Trip Advisor there are no real answers for me as most people are commenting on the cost of burgers etc. Has anyone been...

bostongirl, monday 18-May-09 5
flissy666
QQ - turning off a fridge, and minimising the smell. As dull as they come!
flissy666, 11 of May of 2009 at 14:57

This is really dull... In my kitchen is an integrated fridge which I inherited, and my own freestanding Smeg. There's only two of us, so we don't need all this refrigeratory capacity! But losing one...

Annabel, monday 11-May-09 5
NeoShoegal
bank transfer done to the wrong account
NeoShoegal, 7 of May of 2009 at 11:03

A client of mine made an online bank transfer to my account (he's with Halifax, I'm with Abbey), at least that's what we both thought. Turns out there was a typo in the account number and now the...

NeoShoegal, thursday 7-May-09 1
H
What do you wear for a charity ball?
Headless Lois, 5 of May of 2009 at 12:51

I just don't DO dressing up, and haven't the vaguest clue what should be worn? And if it's possible to get something for cheapness(like £50) as am skint. And fat. L xx

jelly baby, tuesday 5-May-09 18
Scarlett03
I introduce Oscar... a little bundle of energy
Scarlett03, 26 of April of 2009 at 14:28

He is a little cutie. He's just over 8 week old parsons russell. He only had us up once last night and to be honest that was because Mr Scarlett came in from work at 4.00 a.m. Training has begun...

GMT, wednesday 29-Apr-09 19
Mrs S Smith
British Telecom Problem - AGAIN!
Mrs S Smith, 3 of April of 2009 at 15:36

Hello all, some of you may remember all the difficulties we had previously with them (won't bore you with the details) - well, yesterday we received a paper bill (not what we'd ordered) for a...

Annabel, friday 3-Apr-09 7
A
Setting up a club - legal requirements
Annabel, 2 of April of 2009 at 13:56

Have tried Google and today it is not my friend! Could anyone who has either set up a club from scratch or is involved in a club point in me in the right direction. BackGround; About 6 months ago,...

Annabel, thursday 2-Apr-09 3
KB3
Quick DIY question if I may? Carpets
KB3, 25 of March of 2009 at 10:36

We are hoping to recarpet the upstairs of our house and the staircase. The entrance hall will be stripped back to the floorbaords and stained in a walnut colour to match the rest of the downstairs....

KB3, wednesday 25-Mar-09 13
Mrs S Smith
Sky+ HD - anyone upgrade to it?
Mrs S Smith, 24 of March of 2009 at 16:07

Hi all, quick question: If you've upgraded to Sky+ HD recently, how much did you pay? Spoken to 3 different people the last few weeks, and called up today to basically go ahead and book the package....

Voldemort, tuesday 24-Mar-09 9
LouM
People who know Belgium/ knownowt?
LouM, 24 of March of 2009 at 15:46

Hello! I'm looking for a hotel rec in Hasselt- not too worried about budget. Also, I can't work out whether i'm best flying into brussels, liege or charleroi, as the map I'm looking at is very...

LouM, tuesday 24-Mar-09 4
Mrs S Smith
OMG what a bunch of turds!
Mrs S Smith, 9 of March of 2009 at 21:12

Arrrgggghhh I feel like crying/screaming/doing something random. We've had no end of trouble with BT. Upgraded us to a new contract in end of Jan, of which we're still to see any fruition. Thought we...

Mrs S Smith, thursday 12-Mar-09 19
Sunset21
Anyone got a 2L BMW 3 series?
Sunset21, 2 of February of 2009 at 10:04

I'm specifically looking at a 2005 model and trying to work out what the tax would be on it. Can anyone tell me?

KB3, monday 2-Feb-09 6
Cherry_Valance
Better off dead? (Sens)
Cherry_Valance, 22 of January of 2009 at 17:44

Before I start, I just want to say I haven't got my thoughts straight and I dont want to offend anyone and am sorry if I do. My dad (not biological, not that it matters, but been around my whole life)...

Annabel, friday 23-Jan-09 19
Redbedhead
Redundancy / job hunters kleek
Redbedhead, 21 of January of 2009 at 14:58

How is everyone doing? Any graduates? We seem to be in good company as I heard on the radio this morning that the number of unemployed people is the highest it has been for 10 years and the numbers of...

Ashke, wednesday 21-Jan-09 10
flailing wildly
how long could you live without furniture? - a WWYD (updated pg 2)
flailing wildly, 19 of January of 2009 at 13:49

I currently share a flat, which I've done for quite a few years (different flats, different crowds). I've been in my current share for about six months, after moving areas, and unfortunately she's...

lobster, tuesday 20-Jan-09 26
badkitti*
Last day of term for me/Back to the UK
badkitti*, 5 of December of 2008 at 11:26

Parent day tomorrow but then the school year is over. Huzzah. Back to England on Monday and then three weeks ish with bad telly, washing machines, cold weather, cars that have to pass MOTS..... the...

Zebra, saturday 6-Dec-08 5
millie&me
Anyone got any great pub quiz questions?
millie&me, 4 of December of 2008 at 13:26

I'm in the process of writing a pub quiz for tonight - its the christmas special (woooo!) so I'm trying to make it half way decent. Normally have 6 rounds of ten questions on various subjetcs,...

millie&me, friday 5-Dec-08 10
Rosencrantz
Chicken & chorizo pie - what sauce?
Rosencrantz, 1 of December of 2008 at 17:16

I'm making chicken & chorizo pie for dinner. Usually I use roast chicken, pan fry a bit of chorizo sausage and bung it all in a pie dish with a white sauce (made with butter, flour & milk) and...

Rosencrantz, monday 1-Dec-08 1
NickJ
A desperate situation (the economy)
NickJ, 11 of November of 2008 at 15:27

Did anyone see Dave's press conf this morning? I was so mad about his useless and pathetic proposals that I wrote to him about it, and said that the proposals were half-baked, ineffectual and useless....

princess layabout, wednesday 12-Nov-08 90
Puddled
can a cheque from a UK bank be written in euros?
Puddled, 11 of November of 2008 at 15:20

As title really. I need to make a payment in Euros but cant do it direct debit or internet banking - it needs to be a cheque. Is this allowed? x

NickJ, tuesday 11-Nov-08 2
Knownowt
Present idea thread
Knownowt, 10 of November of 2008 at 08:59

Last year there was a fabulous thread (started by rache maybe) in which people listed their present ideas for family so far and asked for advice on gifts they were stuck on. The thread had some great...

Spamboule, monday 1-Dec-08 93

General groups

Hitched article topics